• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notice The War Room's New Game Schedule/Queue

Please add Doctor Floptopus's Absolutely Bastard Gallifreyan Politics Mafia-Style Multifaction Game (12-14 players) to the Non-Mafia queue, please
It's UK Politics Mafia in spirit but UK Politics is a minefield at the moment so we're staying well away

Added :)

Signups can now be posted as well, as it's the only thing in the queue! You have 72 hours. :D

I've decided on my next great BulbaEimm, this one themed around well, Bulba. Look forward to Christmas time (December 25 opening until January 2 closing) signups for a January 5 starting EiMM,

Everybody is a Different Type of Mafia Mafia

Each player will submit an Alias, start the game with 2 BPVs and of course, have their 1 nightly Standard Shot. There can be 2 winners, plus 1 for every 5 players after 20 that join, meaning if 24 people join, 2 people can win, but if 26 join, 3 people can win. What's this game's gimmick? Why, it's based on your typing, of course. Every player will submit up to two Types, akin to the 18 types of Pokemon that exist. Each type will have a power associated with it, and based on what you pick for yourself, you'll receive a role based on those types of powers. This list will be summarized in the OP during signups (details below). The way they will work is similar to;

Player 1 submits Alias NuType and Types Electric & Fire. They receive a role which consists of the Thunder focused Roleblocking, and Fire focused Slow Burning, resulting in them becoming an Alternate-Night Roleblocker/BPV Destroyer (On Odd nights, they can prevent X from acting, and on Even nights, they can use an additional low-priority shot which targets and melts away 1 BPV worn by Y).​

Alternatively

Player 2 submits Alias Lone Ranger and only the Dragon Type. They receive a role which consists of Dragon focused Power, and have their standard shot augmented to always be more powerful than a regular shot. Because Player B only picked one Type, they only receive one Power, but it's stronger than if they picked say, Dragon & Ghost, giving them two extra shots, but also Evasion from the first shot submitted on them on any night until Night 3.​

What this means, is that the aforementioned Roleblocking and BPV Destroyer are not definitively what you can expect to receive with your Type selection. However, what you can expect is that if more than one person selects the same Type combination, (such as Electric/Fire and Ground/Fire), the ability provided by Fire will be the same for both users. Submitting multiple types that bestow submittable actions (Active abilities) will have a strong chance of giving you powers that you can use on those positioned nights. In the above scenario for Player 1, if you swapped Fire and Thunder, the ability order would be reversed. Consider this a hint for early game strategy, as certain powers are often better for N1 than others.

Finally, certain Types will be augmentative types (such as Rock being Strong). These when combined with other types, may change how your role is generated. An example could be picking Rock/Electric, resulting in you being Strong-Willed Roleblocker (on Even nights, you can prevent another player from acting. Your action cannot be redirected, blocked or delayed.

These are just explanations and examples, and a full list of what type of power to anticipate will be provided at game start. The list will be built as:
  • Electric: Blocking
  • Fire: Burning
  • Dragon: Power
  • Normal: Wildcard (Higher power of any of the types, but Type is randomly determined)
  • Steel: Defensive
etc.

Finally finally, there will be no revival, no predetermined partnerships and no alternative wincons. I'm preparing the next EiMM to be entirely wincon based, and have decided to scrap the inclusion of alt wincons for this game entirely. Consider this game a nod to @Max1996 's War of the Elements non-mafia games, as the conception of this stems heavily from his series of games, and he absolutely deserves your credit when considering joining this game.

These selections will not be revealed at game start, except by death. The Alias list will be made public.

TL;DR In this EiMM, Pick up to two Pokemon types, and get a role based on what you pick.

Last edited:
- The War Room Awards '18 Mafia [17p] (Hosted by @DarthWolf ) [MoD: DarthWolf] Sign ups open at september 1st or later.
With the awards over we have 17 unique winners (not including team awards as that will be too much but may be included in the game). Each winner will be a role in the game and so I'm happy to announce it's a 17p game. Due to a combination of going to Japan and time to make the game, it won't open till september 1st at the earliest.

Maybe I'll stop on by for a chance to play myself ;)

Also I hope to have my own announcement here soonish. Working some things out.

Edit: except I forgot I had to be replaced so Minish will likely be my role xD oh well. The point is, Hello!

Last edited:
Due to the hype surrounding PvD, we forgot to let the next large game enter signups. As such...

- Pokémon Generation Three Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @Calvin ッ) is up for signups. You have 72 hours to post signups :)

Due to the hype surrounding PvD, we forgot to let the next large game enter signups. As such...
On that note... I hate to nag you guys but Voltron Mafia is finished but still on the first post on this thread and WoTE is finished and should have opened up at least 1 non-mafia slot. WoTE is not on the first post though.

On that note... I hate to nag you guys but Voltron Mafia is finished but still on the first post on this thread and WoTE is finished and should have opened up at least 1 non-mafia slot. WoTE is not on the first post though.
Damn it @Elementar mod your own game better :p
Flop's game is non-mafia and in sign ups so that is one. It was probably forgotten that 2 were allowed since we didnt really have 2. On that note, if any of you think we should lower it to 1, let us know on discord or in SR.
Also, - Battleship v3 [8p] (Hosted by @Max1996) [MoD: Elementar] you're up for sign ups and have 72 hours to do so :)

As Pokémon Generation Three Mafia [15p] (Hosted by @Calvin ッ) hasn't posted signups within the time limit, it will be moved to the back of the queue until we discuss it with Calvin.

As such, Superhero Bonanza Penultimate Edition: War for the Earth [16-??] (Hosted by @AussieEevee) [MoD: Elieson] is now able to post signups. You have 72 hours to do so :)

Also, YOU Mafia, hosted by myself, will be posted within the next 72 hours.

Back
Top Bottom