• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that should go away/be changed

It's not like there's a huge amount of space in english versions. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's not the nine characters I seem to recall from Generation I

Tullio

How about finally lifting the ancient name lengths (7 char for player, 10 char for nicknames, 8 char for boxes, 12 char for moves and items - and shorter lengths in Japanese)?
Those limits have never changed (with the exception of box names being absent in Gen I).

Edit: for the post below: I never said they should be lowered. That'd just be silly. I said the limits should be raised to, like 20 characters.

Last edited:
I also disagree with everything you said.

it would be like

pkmn trainer Jack wants to battle!
pkmn trainer Bob wants to battle!

Ooh SUPER exciting...

Plus, Dive is an HM. A pokemon can forget it in the field. Why is their a debate?

Correction, Dive used to be a HM, it's not in the current generation, just like Flash (and Whirlpool in DPPt and Defog in HGSS, haven't tested them myself, but I suppose they work like regular moves), so of course it can be forgotten, just any other regular, non-HM moves.

For God's sake, I've had enough of Waterfall already!! And I'm not fond of Rock Climb, either.

If they're going to have more than 5 HMs, they should at least make them better in-battle moves, and try not to have 3 or 4 of them that are water type.

Oh, and I actually would like to deposit items into my computer again. I hate having to sift through endless lists of items I rarely/never use to get to the one I want. It can be frustrating to finally wander all the way through a cave just to find that the HM you need to pick up won't fit in your bag, but they should at least give me the option to clean the thing out!

Last edited:
All the 4(!) water type HMs should be combined, I don't make sense that you surf on one pokemon and you are diving whit another one.

Water Mastery would work, but we'd need an extension in characters of TM/HM names to make it fit.

They need to get rid of those annoying creatures you have to catch and train than battle with.

They shouldn't merge the moves. I've done some thinking and decided that what they need is a system where these moves are natural abilities, not learned moves.

Correction, Dive used to be a HM, it's not in the current generation, just like Flash (and Whirlpool in DPPt and Defog in HGSS, haven't tested them myself, but I suppose they work like regular moves), so of course it can be forgotten, just any other regular, non-HM moves.

Then debate is pointless because the effects of dive outside of battle are nonexistent.

I'm ok with the trainer battle but i strongly disagree about the starters.While i don't deny the fact that other NPC's use them in the game i don't understand why all the starters aren't available in the wild.Because if you can catch a legendary in the wild how come you can't catch one of the starters who is suppose to be far more common than legendaries.Make them Feebas-rare if you have to but let them be available in the wild.
I may be alone in this but starting with only three predetermined (fire,water,grass) types after 4 generations of pokemon is annoying as hell,but i highly doubt GF will change it.I would be fine if they kept fire,grass and water as the starting types but at least give us more pokemon to choose from for each type.As i stated in my previous post there are currently 58 complete families(three evolutionary stages) that are perfectelly suited to be starters.This could be a neat way for GF to introduce levels of difficulty.It's very easy to start with chimchar for example but not so easy if you started with wurmple.Oh, and by the way not everyone likes to start with a rare and powerfull pokemon.And another thing, everything in the pokemon games can be potentially subjected to change.If your looking for stability you may be playing the wrong game.

I hope they introduce another type and tweak the type chart a little so that we have 18 types(18/3=6 sets of three possible starters)I do hope it's not that stupid light type that so many are fond of.(for the millionth time psychic=light in pokemon)I think they will introduce the sound type(they already have the soundproof ability and moves like Sonicboom)
Okay if you check Bulbapedia they have a reason why Starters are only starters and not wild. They are specifically BRED to be starters by the Pokemon League for beginning Trainers.
And no, no more types, Sound? Really? That's terrible :nono: And no if anything the Light-type would be "Electric or Fire", Electric gives light and fire gives light. But that is only the physical form of light, if light as in spiritual then I still disagree with psychic.
Psychic means Psychic powers, telekinesis, telepathy etc, not all spiritual. Is Mewtwo light? I don't think so. Anybody else disagree?

That starter system is fine. And if ya check the starters arent uber powerful anyway. Yes fire has type advantage on Bug and Grass early ingame, but that's about it. The three starter types are balanced and each starter HAS a difficulty. You played Chikorita as your starter? That's a bitch :banghead:

Your opinion is your opinion, im just giving mine on your opinion, and I think yeah we could get some cool types combinations to make things interesting, or something (Still waiting on Grass/Steel) yadayadayada.

I think its A-OK. Just need item storage in the PC backOR Item search (alphabetise, use etc). And trainer customisation would be cool, but not neccessary.

More decent pokeballs. Maybe customisable, would be fun. (No not seals, like balls!!)
And sprite animations as seen in Pokemon Crystal. Yes it would take memory but as somebody previously said DPP game only took like 300MB if I read that correctly (A DS cartridge has 4GB of space!!! Again if i'm mistaken please correct me)

There are some changes to make it more efficient, and fun, and look cool. The current DPP 3D was enough for me, maybe a few tweaks but nothing major (I suppose something similair to Colluseum would be cool, but ya know, watered down, meh, iffy on that one honestly)

That's very old. They should replace the cries with the anime versions. I'd rather have them cutely say their names than hear them screech like a constipated dinosaur! Ridiculous.

I'm probably alone on this but playing Platinum, I found the underground feature arduous as hell. I'd rather it had been removed, then have to spend 30 minutes taking orders from that old man to get down there.

If you created a sphere garden, you wouldn't be saying that. You can get tons of rare items down there, and the fact that they're limitless is a plus!

The exapmle was for gen III, are you stupid or do you refuse to understand on purpose?

We aren't supposed to be talking about gen iii here now are we? That's a moot debate as it is now an obsolete generation with mechanics that aren't used anymore. Gen V is the topic of discussion. And should dive and its HM uses return, then the debate will once again be rendered pointless.

OK, but I used Dive as an example since it was easy to use, I also used Surf so the debate is still on. Or maybe Surf isn't relevant, since they obviously are gonna scrap it?

I was ironic.
Anyway, change all my post when I said you can be trapped while using Dive and forget the move into "you can be trapped by using Surf and forget it". Are you fine whit that, mr. wannbe-mod?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom