• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that should go away/be changed

They really need to work on how the Pkmn storage works. It's just a graphical version of the old system. In addition to the regular boxes, they could perhaps make a search mode. Example: You start to write a name. D, I.. by this point, a little part of the touch screen shows thumbnails (if thats the right word xD) of pkmns having a name starting with DI, with often used pkmns coming first. Let's say you want Dialga. Start dragging Dialga, and the keyboard goes away, making it possible to drop Dialga into your party.

It could be even better; say you want someone with CUT. Start typing the HM's name, and the pkmns that have learned CUT would spring into view. Ah, we can dream xD

They really need to work on how the Pkmn storage works. It's just a graphical version of the old system. In addition to the regular boxes, they could perhaps make a search mode.

This is a good idea, and the development team for PBR had the brains to include it.

I'd like more than 4 moves for one Pokémon. In the anime, Pokémon use more moves. Why couldn't we get at least six in the games?

For the purposes of game balance. If you have more than 4 moves, there's too wide a range of attacks you might have. Wide enough that it breaks the game, apparently. Same reason why some of the moves in the games don't work quite the same way they do in the anime. "The horn", anyone?

For the Pokedex, I'd like to see an option to browse each digit of the selected entry.

So, you can have the cursor on the first "0" of "001". Move it down and it changes to "101", then 201, etc.

This is a minor thing, I know, but it needs to be sorted out.

SPEAROW used Fury Attack!

Hit 2 time(s)!

I can understand this occurring in Gens I and II, when the coding was very basic and there were very serious limitations in what could be done with the hardware. But... seriously, in Gen IV, is it still impractical to add a bit of code to determine whether or not a number merits a plural?

In Japanese, there are no plural forms of words, so there's no plural detection in the coding.

Also, if an attack does a lot of damage (let's say, Fissure) on a Pokémon with really high HP, even with the battle animation turned off, the HP bar goes down so slowly. Make it faster in those situations. It shouldn't take any longer than five seconds, especially with OHKO moves. Explosion KOs the user and its HP bar just goes from anywhere to 0 without dropping slowly.

I dunno about this one... the speed of an HP bar is a good indicator of the amount of HP that the enemy has, which you can't find out normally unless you have a move like Sonic Boom or Dragon Rage. The way they do it in Battle Revolution completely nullifies this, because it goes at the same rate for any Pokemon, regardless of the amount of HP.

If they are going to do that, though, maybe have the info box rattle a bit, and while it's rattling, have it instantly drop to zero.

You know what, that's an awesome idea for Explosion/Selfdestruct too. While the user is exploding, have the HP bar rattle down to zero.

Everyone knows Blissey and Vaporeon have a lot of HP. It's getting it to zero that counts.

Also, having multile HP bars drop in double/triple battles, akin to Battle Revolution. Good idea?

Yeah. Getting rid of OHKO moves. Its banned most of the time, it hardly works 4/5 of the time and its just a nuisance.

I am not sure if this idea would be supported, mainly because it will be too different from the "formula". Anyway, what I am interested to see is that the starters you start can have multiple evolution branches, as opposed to just one. I think this would make the quest more interesting, where you could decide (or have the computer decide) how your Pokemon would turn out. I am not exactly talking about the same thing with Eevee's evolutions, but almost the same.

I'd like to see LESS legendaries than there have been the past few generations. I'd be fine with somewhere around 7 (trio, 2 cover pokemon, 1 extra [for the third game, similar to Girtina], 1 event). IMO Gen 4 was a bit ridiculous with that.

I am not sure if this idea would be supported, mainly because it will be too different from the "formula". Anyway, what I am interested to see is that the starters you start can have multiple evolution branches, as opposed to just one. I think this would make the quest more interesting, where you could decide (or have the computer decide) how your Pokemon would turn out. I am not exactly talking about the same thing with Eevee's evolutions, but almost the same.

But thats almost akin to digimon... in digimon games ( yes ive played some dont stone me!) you have yur digimon and it when it digivoles it can turn into any different number of different digimon regardless of what it was before so it was complete randomocity, and i think pokemon is better in the sense is that you have a set evo and you dont get like a spheal that evolves into a charizard, you know what im sayin?

But thats almost akin to digimon... in digimon games ( yes ive played some dont stone me!) you have yur digimon and it when it digivoles it can turn into any different number of different digimon regardless of what it was before so it was complete randomocity, and i think pokemon is better in the sense is that you have a set evo and you dont get like a spheal that evolves into a charizard, you know what im sayin?

Thats taking it to far. I think he ment more like the oddish line, or poliwag line.

Eh yeah yur right, but he did say sumthin about having the COMPUTOR decide how your pokemon will turn out tho.. but then again thats how the wurmple line works... looks like i dug myself into a hole again x(

Last edited:
i think triple battles are kinda overkill. I think they're trying too hard to make pokemon games better and not looking back to what made them so popular in the past!

EMPOLEO

Yeah. Getting rid of OHKO moves. Its banned most of the time, it hardly works 4/5 of the time and its just a nuisance.
Banned? In competeive play, but no one's stoping me from using those moves in the regular game,(i for one dont give a rats-ass about those rules, let smogon deal with it). I love those moves, espically with X-accuracy or what ever its called in the E-4, PP maxed out i wiped out the enitre E-4 with a Sheer Cold/Fissure Lapras and Fissure Whiscash doing that.

I would LOVE branched evos, it just seems so much more fun, to have the liberty to choose which evo you get. It'd be cool if it were like tyrouge, with Hitmon(lee,chan,top) i would be my friends for starter eggs just so i could get every form.

As for things i'd get rid of, if they keep that god damn cell phone with your mom calling you every two seconds im gonna be so mad. There should be an option to turn it off (or throw it down a river)

New Idea.

Even though the bag is botomless, it takes forever sometimes to organize and later find things. HGSS simplified it a little with new touch features, but I'd still like to see the PC come back. Even if the bag can still hold everything, getting to use the PC to drop some weight off would be nice.

I think more pockets would help, as well. Splitting hold items off into their own pocket would simplify the remaining sections quite a bit.

As for things i'd get rid of, if they keep that god damn cell phone with your mom calling you every two seconds im gonna be so mad. There should be an option to turn it off (or throw it down a river)

You can tell her to stop saving money. If you do that she won't call you anymore. She won't buy you anything though.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom