• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that should go away/be changed

If Isshu is in another nation, then that means we'd get an international dex, which could have the evo families together.

If Isshu is in another nation, then that means we'd get an international dex, which could have the evo families together.

National Dex = International Dex in that case. There would be no need to come up with a seperate National Dex and an International Dex

National Dex = International Dex in that case. There would be no need to come up with a seperate National Dex and an International Dex

I agree, since the National Dex is just the sum of every Pokémon listed by cronological order (that is, by generation/game that the Pokémon debuted in, which I consider its main characteristic), it has no in-universe purpose. Following this stream of thought, the international Dex would be the same as the previous National one, just renamed. If we do have an International Dex, you can bet that the first 493 numbers will be exactly the same as the current National Dex.

Agreed. The national dex hasn't changed in 4 generations. Why would it change now? Think about it, bulbasaur has been #001 for 15ish years now? If they change that number, not only will it change in the game, but also in the tgc, all advertising, and every website or other form of reference with an overall pokedex in it. It just doesn't seem logical to me.

the curing of Pokerus after Midnight :/ i just had a pokemon i got in a trade that had the virus and while trying to spread it to one pokemon (just ONE!) it was cured after the second battle :( mind you one of those battles was against ENTEI D_D but still. Extend it some
>.<

Last edited:
the curing of Pokerus after Midnight :/ i just had a pokemon i got in a trade that had the virus and while trying to spread it to one pokemon (just ONE!) it was cured after the second battle :( mind you one of those battles was against ENTEI D_D but still. Extend it some >.<

That's why the PC is for. Leaving an infected Poké in the PC makes it uncurable until it is withdrawn (that is, it is only cured after midnight IF IT IS UN YOUR PARTY). Next time you get a Pokémon with Pokérus and it is near midnight, deposit it, then withdraw it after midnight (when the day has already changed) and that's it! Now you've got 24 more hours to spread the virus all over your monsters!

That's why the PC is for. Leaving an infected Poké in the PC makes it uncurable until it is withdrawn (that is, it is only cured after midnight IF IT IS UN YOUR PARTY). Next time you get a Pokémon with Pokérus and it is near midnight, deposit it, then withdraw it after midnight (when the day has already changed) and that's it! Now you've got 24 more hours to spread the virus all over your monsters!

i DID tho :/
it was in the PC for a good month, and i waited til it was 5mins AFTER midnight, so thats why im even more miffed >.<:boom:

Agreed. The national dex hasn't changed in 4 generations. Why would it change now? Think about it, bulbasaur has been #001 for 15ish years now? If they change that number, not only will it change in the game, but also in the tgc, all advertising, and every website or other form of reference with an overall pokedex in it. It just doesn't seem logical to me.

There was Route 1 in Gen I and no other route had that same name again in like 15 years, but there is another Route 1 now. Anything can happen now because we're seeing some changes we did not see in previous generations.

They should get rid of some of the crazy and frankly useless ways of breeding and evolution. They should retcon some stuff like they did in XD. For example Eevee evolving into Leafeon by way of the Leaf Stone, and no more incense for breeding please.

Also I echo the above point about a new ordering of the (Inter)National Pokedex as it just looks stupid to have say Chansey in the 100's and Happiny in the 400's.

Change has come to America Pokemon.

They should get rid of some of the crazy and frankly useless ways of breeding and evolution. They should retcon some stuff like they did in XD. For example Eevee evolving into Leafeon by way of the Leaf Stone, and no more incense for breeding please.

I guess this would be the opportunity to do it.

I wouldn't mind simplifying evolution/breeding for the sake of making it easier to obtain the incense babies and sinnoh evos but at the same time it kind of destroys the flow of all the older generations. Gf has always added new items to obtain new pokemon for a reason. Before gen IV if you bred your snorlax you just got another snorlax, and that never changed unless you use the full incense, which in my opinion makes sense. Something I wouldn't mind seeing, rather than get a leafeon with a leaf stone (which has never been possible before) have an ilex rock that eevee could hold and upon leveling up evolves into leafeon. And have an icy route rock for glaceon and a coronet rock for magnezone and probopass. It would be a hell of a lot easier than trading back from dppt, but at the same time it would stay true to those games. As I've said before, no current pokemon will evolve into a new pokemon by old means. It. Will take a new stone/held item or a new location to level up at or a totallay new method to happen.

Something I wouldn't mind seeing, rather than get a leafeon with a leaf stone have an ilex rock that eevee could hold and upon leveling up evolves into leafeon. And have an icy route rock for glaceon and a coronet rock for magnezone and probopass.
You mean, like, the Frozen Rock, the Mossy Rock, and the Coronet Rock items from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?
I can see it physically happening, as there is a precursor, but I would find it in bad taste, personally...

You mean, like, the Frozen Rock, the Mossy Rock, and the Coronet Rock items from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?
I can see it physically happening, as there is a precursor, but I would find it in bad taste, personally...

Just because there is a precursor dosn't meant that it will definitely happen. There are moon and sun stones in Pokemon XD that could evolve eevee into umbreon and espeon (For lack of day/night), and while moon and sun stones appear in DP, they don't evolve eevee.

Why not make double/triple battles as common as regular 1 on 1 trainer battles?

Also, we need more than one gym leader who specializes in multi-battling.

Camera Angles

I was really excited when I saw all of the cool new angles they were trying with the pokemon center and many other early screen shots, but now I feel as if Gamefreak is doing what they did last generation and opting yet again for more overhead angles.

Some changes to add:

-Get rid of the Dragon and Flying-types. Dragon should be replaced by a Magic/Mythical-type because they're just dinosaurs with mystical powers and not all the reptilian pokemon are of the Dragon-type. Making a Flying-type is like making a Swimming-type even though there's already a Water-type, as both types would be centered around minor body parts(wings and fins respectively). Wind would replace Flying as well.

-Doom Desire should be renamed something else, as that sounds like a Dark-type attack.

-They should show the opponents' HP at all times, whether you're on a quest or battling in a Stadium-esque setting.

Last edited:
-They should show the opponents' HP at all times, whether you're on a quest or battling in a Stadium-esque setting.

If you can see the opponent's HP, this would give out useful information to the opponent and vice versa in competitive battling. Reason? HP has a certain calculation, and a Pokemon with maximum HP will tell the opponent that they invested their Effort Values (basically experience points for the individual stats) in other stats. I think the percentage-esque gauge is good enough, since in a way you know how much HP a Pokemon has, yet not make information too exposed.

I really hope they remove that annoying siren when your pokemon has little HP left. Or at least give the option to turn it off.

-I agree with making Bite Normal-type again. Anyone with teeth can easily execute that attack and besides, Psychic and Ghost-types are at a major disadvantage against any opponent who has it in its arsenal, esp. at level 100..

Bite isn't really that powerful though, only a 60 power move. Stab moves that are 40 power neutral or 80 power NVE do the same amount of damage.

I really hope they remove that annoying siren when your pokemon has little HP left. Or at least give the option to turn it off.

yes.

And the annoying sound when you press A to make the next line of text appear. Or at least the option to turn it off :D

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom