• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

I think you're taking the "trap" part of Shell Trap the wrong way... it's more like a booby trap in the "attacks you" sense rather than the "captures you" sense. There's no logical reason why it should trap an opponent after it explodes.

Spirit Shackle and other moves do?
The explosion maybe causes the user to be un-switchable for some turns because leaves special energy on them?
It has "trap" in it's name and would add something to the move then only brute force when getting physically hitted by the oponent.

See also
Subcategories
This category has only the following subcategory.
B
Pages in category "Trapping moves"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.
A
B
F
I
M
S
T
B
C
F
I
M
S
W

New Abilities and moves that would hurt and damage those pokemon who use "trap" abilities and moves would be nice too.
A kind of Aftermath activated when trapped, a form change activated when trapped, a move that power doubles when trapped.
A continuos damage ability that when oponent traps the user he hurts the oponent every turn 1/8hp.

It has "trap" in it's name and would add something to the move then only brute force when getting physically hitted by the oponent.
Trap has multiple meanings.

A trap that just damages someone is perfectly fine.

Trap has multiple meanings.
View attachment 120473

A trap that just damages someone is perfectly fine.

why not add a effect taking thats a move depending if the oponent uses a physical move.
The damage is ok 150 is great but only activates when getting hit by oponent in the same turn.
Also it explodes like a bomb why not make Bulletproof immune to it?

I know it's fine but why not make it more useful and game play revelant?

Drednaw learning it would be quite cool for a water/rock type.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, you know how Thunder Wave went from 100% to 90% accuracy?

Well they should make moves like that where if it's super effective, 100% accuracy, 1x, 95% accurate, uneffective 1/2 90%, etc.

Oh yeah, you know how Thunder Wave went from 100% to 90% accuracy?

Well they should make moves like that where if it's super effective, 100% accuracy, 1x, 95% accurate, uneffective 1/2 90%, etc.
I don’t really see the point in this. If the move is already less effective, surely you wouldn’t need to de-incentivize using it even further.

Impedimp or its final evolution with Flash Fire ability.
This would be great.
Its a imp related with demon or devil with wings. Levitate on too many dark a d fairy pokemon is enough. Could learn magnet rise. This way it could be really like from Hell. Immunity to fire makes big sense. Taking its fairy, poison and steel weakness. Will have hard time against Gengar, Sabley and many other pokemon.

Impedimp or its final evolution with Flash Fire ability.
This would be great.
Its a imp related with demon or devil with wings. Levitate on too many dark a d fairy pokemon is enough. Could learn magnet rise. This way it could be really like from Hell. Immunity to fire makes big sense. Taking its fairy, poison and steel weakness. Will have hard time against Gengar, Sabley and many other pokemon.
I don't think it needs any more emphasis on being hellish or demonic- it's just a mischievous imp. Its ability is probably Prankster.

A bit of repeats to some, others new. A lot of this is just a ambitious wish list, I don't expect any of these.

1. More emphasis on other battle styles then just singles as a option from the start. I find it odd that while VGC is one of their main formats, but there isn't much a focus on it until post game. I know it'll never happen but I'd like in the beginning to have a 'Preferred" battle style in the main story. Imagine for instance if you like it more, doubles or something like triples if it came back as the main one for the story. It add a hell of a lot of replay value to.

2. We should be able to select different battle backgrounds online. Self explanatory and a good quality of life change that should be more then easy enough to do, at the least don't have us stuck in a blue background for years..again.

3. In GTS, we should be able to ask for HA abilities

4. Let us buy the special Pokeballs we got from Silver/Gold by battle points or something. People Would grind for that sort of thing, and it was a shame in Sun/Moon you could only get one.

5. An item that makes eggs hatch finder so less of a grind.

6. A shiny rehaul, or rather much like real life just have Pokemon come in different colors in general. It should be stupidly easy to do and fun for breeders to.

4. Let us buy the special Pokeballs we got from Silver/Gold by battle points or something. People Would grind for that sort of thing, and it was a shame in Sun/Moon you could only get one.

6. A shiny rehaul, or rather much like real life just have Pokemon come in different colors in general. It should be stupidly easy to do and fun for breeders to.
Ooh, the apricorn balls? It would be nice if they brought back apricorns- put them in the berry trees or something.

And heeeeck yes- if not a rehaul, then they could at least introduce a new form of shiny. Some new kind of alternate coloration. That would be great.

Will-o-Wisp is also a status move that doesn't do any damage.

And Thunder Wave's accuracy never changes, apart from when it's been altered for a new generation.
You haven't added anything at all to the discussion.

This is what I said earlier, I was putting Will-o-Wish as the same category as Thunder Wave.

And how is this useful to know when I was making that suggestion?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom