• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

I think Brock and Misty should be unchanged being the first two gym leaders. Also, no Pikachu for Red?

I also would've preferred being able to catch/battle Pokemon outside of Kanto.

Good idea though.

Thanks! Well, Misty does have a slight level advantage over Brock in the originals and FireRed/LeafGreen if I recall. Not much, but the player would definitely feel an increase in difficulty.

I thought that Pikachu would appear next to Red when you encounter him, but doesn't participate in the battle because let's be honest, defeating it would be too easy, don't you think? An Earthquake could do with him in a matter of seconds, even if it's his highest-leveled Pokémon.

To preserve the feel of nostalgia from the first ones, I decided to make only Kanto Pokémon catchable during the first run; Pokémon from other regions start appearing in the Sevii Islands and in new side quests that appear after beating the Elite Four, as well as on other standard routes. However, Pokémon introduced after Gen I that are related to the Pokémon from that gen are part of the Regional Pokédex. By this, I mean that Pichu, Crobat, Espeon, Tyrogue, Magmortar, Electivire and others are obtainable before beating the Elite Four.

This is extremely random and might seem weird at first, but does anyone watch this show called 'The Universe' ? I've watched it for years and love it. Today, I've been watching a newer episode and it's ironically gone completely in my favour. This episode is pulling together 'Bad omens of doom' ect with things like comets, adding in stories about norse mythology and how two twin wolves would track the Sun and Moon, catch them, and devour them. The story before that also told of a comet known as Halley's comet, which in ancient drawings depict what looks like the paintings on the wall in Hoenn, with Rayquaza ect. Anyway, it's completely random and I just thought it was so ironic how close and interesting it's got to the current and coming new concepts of Pokémon. Maybe everything is finally being connected in similar ways, just thoughts sorry to babble on xD

Here is a link to the episode:

In truth, eternal day would result in an event much like Primal's Groudon's "skies on fire". You know what we call a region that is sun baked every day? A desert.

As for eternal night, we'd just see mass famine, vitamin D deficiancy, and temperatures across the world dropping significantly. And then we all die.

Any plan involving the destruction of a day/night cycle would be tremendously stupid on the part of the villains. Even for Nightmare Moon.

Like I said, stupid but not as stupid as blowing them up. It's pretty much within the normal range of stupidity for Pokemon villains.

Not sure if you're suggesting it, but destroying the moon wouldn't bring eternal day. And if the sun is destroyed, the moon would become invisible.

Though I agree, destroying the sun/moon is stupider than the plot in RSE. Actually destroying the moon wouldn't be nearly as stupid as destroying the sun, but I'd have to wonder what point there would be to destroying a rock satellite.

No, I'm saying INSTEAD of destroying the sun/moon they try to bring eternal day/night. Not that destroying the sun/moon TO bring eternal day/night.

Sandstorm form Castform which would be Ground type. Flying type Castform if Delta Stream is in battle.

No, I'm saying INSTEAD of destroying the sun/moon they try to bring eternal day/night. Not that destroying the sun/moon TO bring eternal day/night.
Well it's technically actually impossible to cause eternal day/night unless you were to destroy the sun, because day and night exist only because of the Earth spinning on its axis. The side that faces the sun would have day, and the side that doesn't would have night.

Unless a villainous team were to somehow make the Earth stop turning, but the fact is that "eternal day" would exist only for one side of the planet while the other side would have eternal night. You can't have eternal day on both sides.

Maybe the Evil Teams are more like, "We want to start a colony on the moon" and/or, "we want to harness the power of the sun into a giant death ray and take over the world", things like that?

Although what sounds very likely to me is that there will be an Eclipse that could release/draw out the legendary (either sun or moon, depending on the version) with a special item or ritual or something, and they could then use it to conquer the world or whatever their secondary plans are. I also consider the idea that they want to travel to other dimensions in the multiverse and use the Eclipse like a portal (like Hoopa's hoops).

Although what sounds very likely to me is that there will be an Eclipse that could release/draw out the legendary (either sun or moon, depending on the version) with a special item or ritual or something, and they could then use it to conquer the world or whatever their secondary plans are. I also consider the idea that they want to travel to other dimensions in the multiverse and use the Eclipse like a portal (like Hoopa's hoops).
MD9RkiQ.jpg

Because the plot is tied to the legendaries.
Diamonds and Pearls have nothing to do with spacetime and spirit and remaking the world. Xs and Ys have nothing to do with life and death and reducing the population to ensure resources don't become scarce. Rubies and Sapphires have nothing to do with expanding the ocean/land. the color black and the color white have nothing to do with the potential ethical dilemma of the Human-Pokemon relationship (and/or the conquering of a region just cause).

the names influence the design (or perhaps vice-versa), but that's the end of it.

Diamonds and Pearls have nothing to do with spacetime and spirit and remaking the world. Xs and Ys have nothing to do with life and death and reducing the population to ensure resources don't become scarce. Rubies and Sapphires have nothing to do with expanding the ocean/land. the color black and the color white have nothing to do with the potential ethical dilemma of the Human-Pokemon relationship (and/or the conquering of a region just cause).

the names influence the design (or perhaps vice-versa), but that's the end of it.
He said plot is tied to the LEGENDARIES, not tied to the NAME. The plots are always tied to the legendaries, but the names are always meaningless to the plots, making a sun/moon based plot rather unlikely. Of course, we've seen what GF is willing to do to their patterns recently, so who really knows.

I want the mascots to be more involved in the story. Also I love a battle between two legendary pokemon.

He said plot is tied to the LEGENDARIES, not tied to the NAME. The plots are always tied to the legendaries, but the names are always meaningless to the plots, making a sun/moon based plot rather unlikely. Of course, we've seen what GF is willing to do to their patterns recently, so who really knows.
And my comment was in response to the general theme of the plot being speculated around evil teams having to do with the sun and the moon. I already acknowledged that the names are tied to the legendaries.

That's an intriguing speculation. Plus, fortunately eclipses are astronomical phenomena so it doesn't strictly matter what the local time of day is for one to happen ... but on the other hand it does kind of mean that if an eclipse is going to be witnessed then (1) solar eclipses are only witnessed during the day while (2) lunar eclipses are only witnessed at night, so when you factor in the game's use of a realtime clock ... now my head hurts.

^It wouldn't be that hard, if it's the wrong time of day for the 'eclipse' to happen, they could literally just tell you to 'come back during the day' or 'come back at night' or whatever. The final whatever just wouldn't happen until it's the right time of day. Like, you'd show up at the tower or whatever it is and either you can't enter or just no one would be there.

^^Sailor Neptune is my favorite Sailor Scout. Just wanted everyone to know that.

Telling people to come back at a certain time for a plot-specific event is rather inconvenient though. Not everyone can just pick up the game and play at any hour. That sort of thing is better left for optional content.

I really liked the roller skates in X and Y. Not really for any functionality, but they were just fun. Maybe we could get something mechanically the same but different thing, like a skateboard. Now that I think about it they almost added a skateboard in Gold and Silver so it would come full circle. I just want to ride around like an edgy teen.

Brendan showing up in the game as a boss - has Swampert, Pikachu (Rock Star), Latios (Soul Dew attached), Swellow, Spiritomb and Mega Rayquaza (with Life Orb). Mega Rayquaza at level 80 while the others are level 77.

Telling people to come back at a certain time for a plot-specific event is rather inconvenient though. Not everyone can just pick up the game and play at any hour. That sort of thing is better left for optional content.
See, and if it wasn't tied to a real-time clock then you could just have your character nap to pass the time.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom