• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

Well, I meant Game Critics like IGN or Gamestop when I said that. So I think we can atleast count on them to be mature.

Though you've got a point when it comes to the fanbase.

The only way it would be different is if they make it for the 3DS and have the game engine and graphics updated, but compatible with BW. What I mean is, nothing changes but it being more pretty and 3D. And then the obvious stuff.

Speaking of the 3DS, what kind of embellishments does everyone here expects for the 3rd version? I would like to see how 3D-styled battles play (Rotations should look great for the first time), as well as the 3D environments.

Thanks for reading.

I wonder what stance Unova3 will take on the Nature v Technology debate of Black and White. What will Soryu City look like, and what will there be instead of Black City and White Forest?

And please, give Kyurem a dungeon...

I also doubt the game will be for the 3DS. After all, HGSS and BW were in development upon DP's release. I'd expect this game to be on the DS, followed by a 3DS spin off to test the water before the 2013 game is released on 3DS.

I wonder what stance Unova3 will take on the Nature v Technology debate of Black and White. What will Soryu City look like, and what will there be instead of Black City and White Forest?
It's not an important element of Black and White, though. Reshiram is not associated with nature, nor is Zekrom with technology; the plot differences are therefore non-existent.

Black City and White Forest do exist in the opposite versions for the purpose of High Link communication. In other words, we already get to experience the oddity of the transformation between the two locations, so it wouldn't be weird for the third version to make this happen outside the High Link feature. I wouldn't be surprised to see White Forest be made exclusive to the Autumn and Spring seasons, with Black City replacing it during the Winter and Summer.

I hope to see more seasonal changes in the third version than in Black and White, because the feature as of now is rather gimmicky. Even though Pokémon habitats are no longer determined by the time of day, there is still a plethora of daily events (including but certainly not limited to Black City and White Forest), whereas the seasonal cycle only affects so much.

before the 2013 game is released on 3DS.
You mean the Generation VI main versions, right?

I don't expect the third version to be a 3DS title, either. Many Pokémon players only buy Nintendo's systems for new Pokémon games, and many of those people would have second thoughts about buying the third version if they also had to pay for a fairly expensive system; the graphical changes wouldn't be worth it seeing as 3D is not Game Freak's niche, and we'd still be dealing with the same generation. Even though Black and White broke the pattern of new generations being released for new systems, I still don't expect to see a third version to be the first main series game released for a new system.

And before anyone says it, Gold and Silver were GBC games; most people who bought Crystal had already played Gold and Silver on a Game Boy Color, and so they didn't have to go out of their way for a game that was very close to its predecessors. Granted, some fans only buy the third versions (I may become one of them), but they are a very small minority and even those people might not like being forced to afford a 3DS for a game that borrows the bulk of its material from DS games.

Last edited:
By 2013 game, I mean the games after the third version, be they remakes, another Gen V game or Gen VI.

As for Black City and White Forest. I know they aren't important to the plot, but them changing with the season would feel weird. They could just easily make a third location.

I agree that seasons need an overhaul; they're too gimmicky. Winter is the only season with any major differences - a few items and the Spheal line.

I hope they skip remakes and move on to Gen VI. Im mean FRLG and HGSS are great, but i dont need any more, my RSE games work fine and i still play them. If there has to be a Hoenn remake i would say it should be on the 3DS, and id only buy it if it was 3DS. IM am pretty interested in what they do for the 3rd game and what they'll call it.

I would love it if black city and white forest become something like a Gray Tundra or something. A frozen wasteland which houses neither humans nor Pokemon. Goes good with Kyurem, but if we really need both of them in, instead of a frozen wasteland, what about the trees growing around and in the buildings, but the landscape is poorly gray from the chaos that insued from their intertwining. As for seasons, have more areas unlock with em perhaps even make things a bit more graphic.

Speaking of the 3DS, what kind of embellishments does everyone here expects for the 3rd version? I would like to see how 3D-styled battles play (Rotations should look great for the first time), as well as the 3D environments.

Thanks for reading.

more space on the cartridge so we can finally have the Chinese and Korean language on the game with everyone else.

How about Pokemon Wish or even Pokemon Wishes (Impossible-to-miss-reference)XD.

more space on the cartridge so we can finally have the Chinese and Korean language on the game with everyone else.
Korean is in Black and White, and are the games even released in Chinese?

I am thinking Gray... I would think of something more original but... nothing comes to mind

Maybe it'll be something off the wall like Rainbow or Tartan (PLEEEEEASE be Tartan!).

To be honest I'm surprised they called them Black and White and not something those colours but still precious. *coughEbonyAndIvorycough*

Let's say, Pokémon Imbalance (or something) and that the seasons actually change like in your own country. It's winter here, so in the games it should be winter too. We have to wait for the games, why not wait for the seasons to change?

Maybe the plot would be something like this...

Reshiram and Zekrom get into a fight, and Kyurem whom can't stand the imbalance (stupid, i know) freezes Unova so they can't find and the player has to find a way to defreeze Unova and catch Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom at once so there can't be any fighting.

I think this is stupid but it's possible.:p

Back
Top Bottom