• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

This Guy Just Came Back to the TCG, So He Needs Some Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

is against stoning.
Reaction score
Yo, I just got back into the TCG after being away from it for about eight years (I changed to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG when it came out.), and I made what seems to be a good deck. I don't play for strategy's sake, but I do try to include a bit for the purpose of winning every now and then. But I just want to hear what people have to say on this noob's deck. It's not an institutionalized archetype, but it's what I've come to call "Battle Dance" (Thinking of a new name...):

Pokemon
-Swampert (Fighting, Crystal Guardians)
-Marshtomp (Water, Crystal Guardians)
-Mudkip (Water, Supreme Victors) x2
-Alakazam 4 (Psychic, Rising Rivals)
-Alakazam 4 LV. X (Psychic, Rising Rivals)
-Espeon 4 (Psychic, Rising Rivals)
-Mantine (Water, Mysterious Treasures)
-Mantyke (Water, Diamond and Pearl)
-Croagunk (Psychic, Supreme Victors)
-Spiritomb C (Psychic, Supreme Victors)
-Roserade C (Psychic, Supreme Victors)
-Toxicroak (Fighting, Arceus)
-Marshtomp (Water, Supreme Victors)
-Gallade 4 (Psychic, Rising Rivals)
-Togekiss C (Colorless, Supreme Victors)
-Garchomp C (Colorless, Supreme Victors)
-Garchomp C LV. X (Colorless, Supreme Victors)
-Drifblim FB (Psychic, Supreme Victors)
-Milotic C (Water, Supreme Victors)
-Mr. Mime (Psychic, Supreme Victors)
-Manaphy (Water, POP9)
-Lucario C (Fighting, Supreme Victors)
-Altaria C (Colorless, Supreme Victors)

Trainers/Tools/Supporters/Stadiums/Etc.
-Lucky Egg (Tool, Arceus)
-SP Radar (Trainer, Rising Rivals)
-Cynthia's Feelings (Supporter, Legends Awakened)
-Flint's Willpower (Supporter, Rising Rivals)
-Lucian's Assignment (Supporter, Rising Rivals)
-Cynthia's Guidance (Supporter, Supreme Victors)
-Life Herb (Supporter, Unleashed, Platinum) x2
-Burned Tower (Stadium, Undaunted)
-Switch (Trainer, Stormfront)
-Bertha's Warmth (Supporter, Rising Rivals)
-Aaron's Collection (Supporter, Rising Rivals)
-Roseanne's Research (Supporter, Secret Wonders) x2

Energy
-Water x8
-Psychic x7
-Fighting x5
-Warp Energy (Special, Stormfront)
-SP Energy (Special, Rising Rivals)

It revolves around Psychic and Water for the most part, with Fighting thrown in because of Toxicroak's second attack and Lucario's being necessary in my deck. It first started out as the Milotic deck for Supreme Victors, by the way, which was Water and Psychic, so I've just grown it into what I see as a full-fledged Cynthia deck, with Lucian thrown in there because of half of it originally being Psychic-type.

So have at it, if you would.
:3

Your deck is inconsistent in the extreme... you'll never win any games against a halfway decent player if you run that little searching/draw support.

Pick out one or two of your favorite Pokemon and we can focus on those. Running one of, like, twenty different Pokemon is a common mistake new players make, but it results in a deck that simply doesn't work.

Also, you are allowed to use more than one of a card if you want to focus on that pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom