• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

This has come up a lot, and... I wanna hear your opinions.

Game-Rocket, or Animé-Rocket?

• Game!

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Animé!

Votes: 23 28.4%

• Total voters
Game, hands down. The game is better then the anime in every way, and this is no exception.

The game Team Rocket, if only because the anime Team Rocket has been beaten to death and serves as the copy-and-paste ending to most episodes.

However, there should be a balance between the two. I think it would be amusing if in a future game, there were a couple of bumbling Rocket (or any villainous team, really) members that serve as comic relief characters in contrast to the serious and "Darker and Edgier" main villains.

Damn, voted the wrong option >.< I like the game ones better, but that's only for Kanto-rocket, I dislike the johto ones. They do have really catchy music though, especially at the radio tower.

I like the Game TR better. They are Actually a fun team to destroy. in the anime, they seem...i don't know....repetitive.

i mean, C'mon!!! they spent like every episode(minus 1) hunting down and failing to catch pikachu.

Of course the game Rockets. They seem to have direction, and are fun to thwart (though I would adore a game that let me play as a Rocket). I just don't see the anime Rockets (any of them) running into a PKMN Center with a belt of Voltorbs the way that the game one's would.

When your as evil and uncaring as those two are you don't need to have done that though they nearly ended the life of a legend

So? The point is, they didn't kill it, did they?

Game Team Rocket have both evil intentions, and can get the job done, unlike the Animé Rocket.

So? The point is, they didn't kill it, did they?

Game Team Rocket have both evil intentions, and can get the job done, unlike the Animé Rocket.

If they had then the anime wouldn't have many fans left while the game version might be more evil and killed poke in game but unlike the anime the game doesn't let you see it wonder why that would be?

If they had then the anime wouldn't have many fans left while the game version might be more evil and killed poke in game but unlike the anime the game doesn't let you see it wonder why that would be?

You're not making much sense you realize?

Game 'cause like you said, badass. If you want badass go for the game. If you want humor go for the anime. But they need both in the anime its getting boring seeing them getting their ass blown off them all the time.. >_>

I like absolutely more Team Rocket in games. It's my favourite evil organization in Pokémon games, mainly because TR is more realistic when compared with ridiculous Team Aqua/Magma or too epic Team Galactic.

Yeah they're better than those three teams. I mean c'mon do they seriously think they can expand the land and water, and does Cyrus truly think he can make the world a "better" place by himself and Giratina.. or whatever what he was planning on doing, I don't think so.

Last edited:
Game. Their grunts rob people, invade various cities, murder, and really just seem to be like a Pogeymon Mafia.

Although, they tie with me for Aqua. Aqua wanted to drown the world in eternal rainfall. (And guys, they pretty much would have succeeded.)

I voted for game!TR, solely because they're actually fairly "evil" instead of just comic relief. I adore all the evil teams, and I greatly prefer when they're actually doing criminal things. :c
But it was a tough choice, mainly because I love all the TR characters that the anime has added. Madame Boss, Bashou & Buson, Domino, Tyson, Butch & Cassidy, Prof. Sebastian, etc. etc. Not to mention the even lesser known Rockets like Miyamoto & Mondo (not necessarily from the anime, but whatevs). I wish they could all have game cameos... /daydreams

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom