• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

‘Til Death Do Us Part: Elderly Couple Dies Holding Hands

Eredar Warlock

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Couple Married 72 Years Dies Holding Hands | Video | TheBlaze.com

The Blaze said:
Gordon, 94, and Norma Yeager, 90, of Des Moines, Iowa, were married for 72 years. According to a local report, from high school onward they wanted to be together forever. On Earth, they got about as close to “forever” as any human couple could ask for, and last week they died an hour apart while holding hands with each other.

KCCI reports the couple’s son, Dennis Yeage, as saying the couple was in a car accident last Wednesday, which put them in intensive care. Nurses did not separate the couple. Gordon died first but, as Dennis says in the news clip, Gordon’s heart monitor was still registering a beat. This is because the monitor was picking up Norma‘s heart beat through Gordon’s hand. Norma died an hour later:

“Staying together for 72 years is good, I‘d say that’s exceptional,” said daughter Donna Sheets.

[...]

“Neither one of them would’ve wanted to be without each other. I couldn’t figure out how it was going to work,” said Donna Sheets. “We were very blessed, honestly, that they went this way.”

KCCI reports that the couple was buried holding hands in their casket on Monday.

It's only sad because it details tragedy, but you have to admit: This is an AWESOME story.

Was hoping they died at exactly the same time tbh. Disappointing.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Now that's romantic commitment! :love: And the fact that they were in their 90s and married for 72 years means that they made the most of their lives.

Those two were seriously in love. I teared up when watching a video about this story a couple of days ago. This story is truly inspiring, yet tragic. It shows that love really can last until death do us part.

Truly their deaths is just as tragic as the death of Romeo and Juliet.

That's extremely sad, and yet extremely cute, we just found the most Awesome Bittersweet moment, if i was together with someone for that long, i'd wish the same thing for us, so that neither of us gets sad about the other leaving before.

Awwwwww. that is sweet. This is what romantic relationships should be. love until the end and not divorces, People can learn from this couple. This is even more tragic than Romeo and Juliet, If only more couples were this way, true love and a happy relatiaonship. The sayin, Til death do us part is true.

Wow. And The Notebook made me sob like a baby. I didn't think that things like that actually happened.

Back
Top Bottom