• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups To Be a Hero (Start Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ciana thought for a moment, then grabbed Zen's hand in order to relay her answer via telepathy. I would like to train on the mountain, she sent to him. She felt like she had grown as far as her powers were concerned.

"All right,' Zen nodded his head, smiling to his mentee as he looked at a large screen showing a map of the facilitya nd where each area was. "What is it you'd like to practice today?" he asked carefully before beginning to walk.

A girl stood looking at the screen, scratching her chin before brushing some of her short red hair to the side. 'So where do you want to go train?" she asked Rachel, her mentee, her blue eyes falling upon the girl.

I want to practice my force projectiles, Ciana replied. Since Zen started mentoring her, she had begjn developing the use of a telekinetic force projectile, but she was still struggling in all aspects. Perhaps if I can perfect it, i'll be useful for something... she continued.

Rachel looked up at her mentor with her hands in her denim jacket's pockets, her artic blue eyes meeting her mentor's blue ones. She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't really mind, whatever you think is best." She said with a small, polite smile.

Alex turned to Michael. "Wanna try the forest?"

As his eyes trailed down the list of areas ("Like a level in a video game." he thought), Victor was staggered by the sheer number of categories, as well as the fact that the academy had enough space to house them. Did they just have more money than god? Or perhaps the land they had bought had low values. But how could they control the climate? The cost for keeping the lava heated alone would be astronomical, Victor reasoned. Maybe he'd ask later.

"Lava world sounds cool." Victor said. "I wonder how they managed to terraform all this? Does the school just have some kind of super that can do that?" He asked Diego as he walked off.

Standing net to his titan of a mentor, Nychto tried to spit out that he wanted to try training in the Lava field, so as to test the limits of his cryokinesis in temperate environments.

Likewise, Imera enthusiastically cried that she and Carter should go to the Ice Level, just to see how cold the place could be against her pyrokinesis. Although she asked first, she was attempting to pull the mentor toward the field already.

Calvin got the gist of what Nychto was trying to say, and nodded. He wasn't a huge fan of lava, but this was about Nychto, not him. "Lead the way," he instructed, entering a power up stance and leaking blue sparks as he increased his electrical output, stimulating his muscles and making him glow faintly.

"Sure. Might as well start with something interesting" Michael responded, nodding as he spoke. He was very eager to see what the two of them could accomplish, so he was far too excited for his own good.

"I don't know really," Diego said, crossing his arms in thought as he pondered on Victor's question. "I mean does it really matter overall?" he asked curiously as the two walked into the lava field, which consisted of multiple panels and small cliffs all over a pool of lava. "It's really hot though."

"Just don't push yourself too much okay?" Zen adviced as they entered the mountanous field, feeling a slight breeze wash over him before he turned to smile at Cianna. "All right, how about I throw some rocks in the air and you try to shoot them down."

"All right then, how about we try the mountain field?" the girl asked Rachel curiously. "The cliffs should be a good way to test out your climbing abilities and flipping around and stuff."

Rachel shrugged. "Sounds fine to me - they'll be plenty of places for me to flip around and stuff." She replied, smirking.

Ciana nodded and took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves, focusing her psychic powers. Her telekinesis was only a couple days old, and poorly developed, so she had to dig deep to summon that power. After a minute, her left hand glowed a faint blue, and she nodded at Zen, signalling she was ready.

The lava field lived up to its name, as pools of molten rocks bubbled all around and the air reeked of brimstone and ash. Is there even any safety precautions?I mean, there has to be, right? Nyctho thought to himself before turning to Calvin and saying, "U-Um, so what should we work on first, defending or attacking? Hopefully all that meditation we've been doing has improved my abilities a-and this would be the perfect place to test it..."

Carter let out an exasperated sigh and let himself be dragged to the ice field. Carter didn't even know what he was thinking, his acid smoke was diluted by water. Mostly, Carter wanted Imera to calm down.

"Alright, Carter, are we going to work on a Muay Thai lesson or my flame powers first?" Imera enthusiastically asked as she tried her best to ignore the frigid temperatures of the tundra-like field.

As they progressed into the lava zone, Victor felt the air grow heavy with warmth. For the past few days, autumn had been upon them, and going from that into the lava zone was like stepping into an oven. Victor felt himself shrugging off the leather jacket he'd been wearing. He was a little more comfortable with just his tank top on, but it was still hot. Probably because of the lava pools that dotted the terrain.

"Diego!" Victor called out. He looked like he was hypnotized. He was crouched next to a pool of lava, his backpack open. A notebook in his hand. He tore a page out, then crushed it in his hand. And then into the lava it went. He had tossed it like he was throwing it into the wastebasket. The paper burst into flames before it hit the lava. It burned quickly, but not before Victor had tossed another leaf into the waiting inferno. Then another. It looked like he 'd do this all day if given the chance. He was getting dangerously close to torching his physics notes.

"DODGE!" Calvin shouted, firing a bolt of electricity that moved extremely fast, but Calvin dialed back the power so that if Nychto didn't dodge, he would still be able to hold his bladder.

"I think it would be best to start with the Muay Thai, then you can find a way to blend your powers with it," said Carter. Despite the frigid air of the tundra, Carter shrugged off his jacket and stood amidst the ice in a white t-shirt and loose gray workout pants so as to let him move better. Carter then got into a fighting stance, brought his fists up, and began to bounce on the balls of his feet.

"Huh? Wuaaagh!" Nychto yelped as he activated his ability to slow the electricity down just enough to dodge the bolt in time. As he dusted the ash and obsidian dust off of him, the boy muttered, "A w-warning would've been nice. So,... should I retaliate or is this some kind of d-dodging exercise?"

Imera tried to copy the stance that Carter started to take as best as she could, moving side to side with her arms up and making prints in the snow with the front of her feet. " So, mentor, are you going to take the first strike or should I have the honor?" She said gleefully.

"Your enemies won't give you a warning, one, and two, you may retaliate," Calvin replied, charging more electricity. "Dodge!" He launched another bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom