• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Top 10 bands/artists (music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanicAttack

The village trap.
Reaction score
Very simple topic here. Basically you rate the bands or artists the last person posted then post your ten favourites. This is purely to get an idea of what music my fellow Bulbagardeners are into. While posting opinions is encouraged, debates are not. Bickering will be reported.

Since there's nobody to rate I'll post my top 10. No real order:

1. Green Day
  2. Lacuna Coil
  3. Muse
  4. Gorillaz
  5. Nirvana
  6. Ramones
  7. Run DMC
  8. Black Sabbath
  9. Aerosmith
  10. Meat Loaf
Go. =O

Very simple topic here. Basically you rate the bands or artists the last person posted then post your ten favourites. This is purely to get an idea of what music my fellow Bulbagardeners are into. While posting opinions is encouraged, debates are not. Bickering will be reported.

1. Green Day
  2. Lacuna Coil
  3. Muse
  4. Gorillaz
  5. Nirvana
  6. Ramones
  7. Run DMC
  8. Black Sabbath
  9. Aerosmith
  10. Meat Loaf
Go. =O

Let's see

Green Day: I'm not a fan, but whatevs
Lacuna Coil: never heard of them to be honest
Muse: I'm neutral towards them
Gorillaz: some good stuff, some weak stuff
Nirvana: RIP Kurt. Love it
Ramones: Also a fan
Run DMC: alright
Black Sabbath: also a band I like
Aerosmith: YES!
Meat Loaf: YES!

Now for my top ten (not in any order)

the Red Hot Chili Peppers
the Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin
Guns and Roses
T.I
Eminem
Biggie Smalls
2pac
Chamillionaire

1. Green Day

I love their recent stuff. When they decided to stop being apathetic and start producing the politically-fueled albums they have released recently is when they became one of the modern greats.

2. Muse

I dig a lot of their stuff. I kinda have to be in the right mood to listen to them though.

3. Nirvana

Kurt Cobain was a brilliant writer. I'm just not a fan of his voice. "Nevermind" was overrated, but they made up for it with "In Utero".

4. Meat Loaf

Can't get much better than Meat Loaf.

^Comments in bold^

Only listing ten won't really display how varied my taste in music is, but if I could only choose ten artists to have in my library I'd choose (In no particular order) the following:

-Alanis Morissette
-Cruiserweight
-OZMA
-Switchfoot
-Fiction Family
-Bob Dylan
-Tom Petty
-Green Day (Their recent stuff.)
-Billy Joel

EDIT:
-Weezer

I don't know how I left them out. Weezer > Killers.

Last edited:
-Alanis Morissette - I only really know Ironic, so yeah...
-Cruiserweight - Pretty generic to be honest. Not bad, but I'm not that impressed. Paramore > this.
-OZMA - Again, pretty similar to a lot of stuff that already exists.
-Switchfoot - Not bad from what I've heard
-Fiction Family - Pretty dull
-Bob Dylan - It's Dylan, enough said. :O
-Tom Petty - Not bad
-Green Day (Their recent stuff.) - I wouldn't say Green Day were "apathetic" before Warning (their first politically-driven album), they just always showed things as they were. It's just what they showed changed as they matured.
-Billy Joel - Not bad, but hasn't aged well.
-The Killers - Nooooooo! [/Darth Vader]
You were also supposed to rate the above list, by the way. So Flaming Monkey isn't left out...

the Red Hot Chili Peppers - Very mixed bag, I'm afraid. Some of it's excellent such as Suck My Kiss whereas stuff like Snow (Hey Oh) is just bad.
the Rolling Stones - One of the bands that pretty much saved rock n roll with timeless tracks like Jumpin' Jack Flash and Paint It Black. tl;dr hell yeah!
Pink Floyd - One of the dullest and most overrated bands ever
Led Zepplin - Alright
Guns and Roses - Was good up until Axl sacked the entire band. Again, they played some true classics back in the day. I'm looking at YOU, November Rain and Paradise City!
T.I - Pretty standard gangsta rap stuff. Nothing to write home about.
Eminem - Absolute genius, whether he's doing a meaningful song such as Stan, or if he's just arsing about on Without Me
Biggie Smalls - Not overly struck on Biggie
2pac - Why can't anyone agree on how to spell his name? :dumb:Seriously though, Tupac's alright. One of the classic rap acts.
Chamillionaire - They see me postin', I'm hatin'~ Just kidding, Chamillionaire's alright.

1. Green Day
  2. Lacuna Coil
  3. Muse
  4. Gorillaz
  5. Nirvana
  6. Ramones
  7. Run DMC
  8. Black Sabbath
  9. Aerosmith
  10. Meat Loaf

This is going to be hard, considering

1. Green Day - Eh, they've got a song I like.
  2. Lacuna Coil - Haven't really heard their music.
  3. Muse - Haven't heard their music.
  4. Gorillaz - They've got a song I like ("Feel Good, Inc.") and a song that's more like "oh, I've heard that, that's weird lol" ("Clint Eastwood").
  5. Nirvana - One song I like ("Smells Like Teen Spirit").
  6. Ramones - Haven't really heard their music.
  7. Run DMC - Haven't really heard their music outside the "Walk This Way" duet with Aerosmith.
  8. Black Sabbath - I know I've heard a couple of songs, but I don't remember them at all, so I guess I don't really care about them.
  9. Aerosmith - I used to like "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing," but I grew out of it. Outside that I don't really care for their music. "Janie's Got a Gun" makes me feel sick.
  10. Meat Loaf - Don't care for what little I've heard.

Outside the first 4, I had to look through my music because I don't really recall whom I listen to.
Gaiasweatdrop.gif
Also, despite how many songs I have, I listen to very few on a regular basis. So, a no-particular-order list of some artists/groups who have a few songs I like:

1. Dragonforce
  2. The Cure
  3. Sarah McLachlan
  4. Qntal
  5. Luar na Lubre
  6. Tasmin Archer
  7. Yuki Kajiura/See-Saw (.hack series, but I like //SIGN's music in particular)
  8. Carlo Siliotto (Fluke movie)
  9. Kou Ootani (Haibane Renmei)
  10. Nightwish
  11. New Order

Last edited:
  1. Dragonforce
  2. The Cure
  3. Sarah McLachlan
  4. Qntal
  5. Luar na Lubre
  6. Tasmin Archer
  7. Yuki Kajiura/See-Saw (.hack series, but I like //SIGN's music in particular)
  8. Carlo Siliotto (Fluke movie)
  9. Kou Ootani (Haibane Renmei)
  10. Nightwish
  11. New Order

To be honest, I've never heard of those except for Dragonforce, The Cure, and Nightwish. I don't like The Cure, think Dragonforce is all right, and think Nightwish is awesome.

Now for my list!

1. The Who
2. Jethro Tull
3. Metallica
4. Iron Maiden
5. Red Hot Chili Peppers
6. The Used
7. Taking Back Sunday
8. Lacuna Coil
9. Rush
10. Evanescence

1. The Who

It's The Who, 'nuff said.

2. Jethro Tull

I like them, but I only listen occasionally. They aren't a band I could list to on repeat.

3. Metallica
4. Iron Maiden

Never have been a fan of either of these. I only now their widely popular stuff.

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers

I really like this band. They are odd, but I like odd.

6. The Used

They are okay. They've got a couple songs I like, but they just aren't my cup o' tea.

7. Taking Back Sunday

Same as above.

8. Lacuna Coil

Not a huge fan. I appreciate their somewhat unique sound, just not a huge fan.

9. Rush

Can't say anything bad about Rush.

10. Evanescence

I used to be a relatively big fan of Evanescence. I have since stopped listening. Not sure why, I still dig a lot of their stuff. I need to go listen to some of their recent stuff. . .

-Alanis Morissette
-Cruiserweight
-OZMA
-Switchfoot
-Fiction Family
-Bob Dylan
-Tom Petty
-Green Day (Their recent stuff.)
-Billy Joel
-Weezer

1. Coldplay
2. Rush
3. The Who
4. Lynrd Skynrd
4. Alice In Chains
5. The Police
6. Boston
7. Megadeth
8. KISS
9. Van Halen
10. AC/DC

1. The Band
2. Bob Dylan
3. The Beach Boys
4. Van Morrison
5. Richard Thompson
6. Flying Burrito Bros
7. The Who
8. Led Zeppelin
9. Wilco
10. Little Feat

You guys are supposed to rate the list of the guy above you, you know.

can't go wrong with Green Day. I'm not much of a fan of those other bands. Most of em I don't even know.

Since I'm such a music snob, I'm going to avoid commenting on other people's taste.
I'll just share my top ten, with suggestions of what album to listen to.

1. RX Bandits "...And the Battle Begun"
2. Facing New York "Facing New York"
3. As Tall As Lions "As Tall As Lions"
4. Circa Survive "Juturna"
5. Receiving End of Sirens "Between the Heart and the Synapse"
6. The Mars Volta "Frances the Mute"
7. The Sound of Animals Fighting "Ocean and the Sun"
8. Gavin Castleton "Home"
9. Glassjaw "Worship and Tribute"
10. Thrice "Alchemy Index: Vol.1 Fire, Vol.2 Water, Vol.3 Air, Vol.4 Earth"

I'd love to see those lame PokemonXLinkin Park videos be done with the Thrice Alchemy index songs. They'd be dope.

Since I'm such a music snob, I'm going to avoid commenting on other people's taste.
I'll just share my top ten, with suggestions of what album to listen to.

1. RX Bandits "...And the Battle Begun"
2. Facing New York "Facing New York"
3. As Tall As Lions "As Tall As Lions"
4. Circa Survive "Juturna"
5. Receiving End of Sirens "Between the Heart and the Synapse"
6. The Mars Volta "Frances the Mute"
7. The Sound of Animals Fighting "Ocean and the Sun"
8. Gavin Castleton "Home"
9. Glassjaw "Worship and Tribute"
10. Thrice "Alchemy Index: Vol.1 Fire, Vol.2 Water, Vol.3 Air, Vol.4 Earth"

I'd love to see those lame PokemonXLinkin Park videos be done with the Thrice Alchemy index songs. They'd be dope.
To be completely honest, Circa Survive and The Mars Volta are the only two of those bands that I've even heard of, and I don't listen to them. Sorry I couldn't be more insightful. :p

Mine are, in no particular order:

Foo Fighters
Angels & Airwaves
Killswitch Engage
30 Seconds to Mars
Green Day
The Killers
The All-American Rejects
Steely Dan
The Who
The Offspring

1. Acid Bath (metal/thrash)
2. Emilie Autumn (victoriandustrial)
3. Otep (metal)
4. Nine Inch Nails (industrial)
5. The Birthday Massacre (gothic)
6. Cage (gangsta rap)
7. Slow Suicide Stimulus (gangsta rap)
8. Led Zeppelin (classic rock)
9. Angelspit (cyberpunk)
10. Does It Offend You, Yeah? (electronica rock)

To be completely honest, Circa Survive and The Mars Volta are the only two of those bands that I've even heard of, and I don't listen to them. Sorry I couldn't be more insightful. :p

Mine are, in no particular order:

Foo Fighters
They have a few songs I like.
Angels & Airwaves
Never listened to them.
Killswitch Engage
Ditto.
30 Seconds to Mars
Isn't that that actor's band?
Green Day
They're a classic, and there are quite a few songs of theirs I dig. Basketcase being my fave.
The Killers
Great glam-rock band, and you can dance to it.
The All-American Rejects
I used to like them during my emo/punk phase.
Steely Dan
I have a soft spot for classic rock, so they're good.
The Who
Oh, hell yes.
The Offspring
The only song of theirs I know is Pretty Fly for a White Guy. I love it.

Top 10, taken from my Last.fm, since I can't choose for myself (although I changed 8 and 9 out- Ayumi Hamasaki and Utada Hikaru- since most of my plays of those are of remixes of the same song They're still good though).

I'm an eccentric person, and as such, I have eccentric tastes.

1.ALI PROJECT
2.Scooter
3.T.M.Revolution
4.L'Arc~en~Ciel
5.Flogging Molly
6.ABBA
7.Kana
8.Moi dix Mois (this was 5 on Last.fm but I accidentally skipped it and put Flogging Molly in instead)
9.Nightwish
10.Voltaire

1. Acid Bath (metal/thrash)
2. Emilie Autumn (victoriandustrial)
3. Otep (metal)
4. Nine Inch Nails (industrial) - I've only listened to some of their songs, but what I've heard stands out in my mind. Trent Reznor is very talented, but alas, he's slightly overrated.
5. The Birthday Massacre (gothic) - Have a wonderful sound. One of the better synthrock bands I've heard.
6. Cage (gangsta rap)
7. Slow Suicide Stimulus (gangsta rap)
8. Led Zeppelin (classic rock) - Not much to say except for the obvious; they're awesome.
9. Angelspit (cyberpunk)
10. Does It Offend You, Yeah? (electronica rock)

I could only comment on the ones I knew. :c

Mine, in no particular order.

1. Brand New
2. Copeland
3. Metallica
4. Saliva
5. Funeral For A Friend
6. Van Halen
7. Straylight Run
8. Mudvayne
9. Damien Rice
10. Lady Gaga (guilty pleasure ;_;)

I have...an interesting range of favorites, there.

I could only comment on the ones I knew. :c

Mine, in no particular order.

1. Brand New
2. Copeland
3. Metallica
4. Saliva
5. Funeral For A Friend
6. Van Halen
7. Straylight Run
8. Mudvayne
9. Damien Rice
10. Lady Gaga (guilty pleasure ;_;)

I have...an interesting range of favorites, there.

Yeah, Trent is a bit overrated.. but not compared to a lot of other bands you here on the radio. He definitely stands out compared to the rest of the mainstream.

I used to love Mudvayne and Funeral For A Friend.. I kinda outgrew them a bit though, I still enjoy listening to them every once in a while.

Metallica is pretty good, I absolutely hated St. Anger though.. but their newest album surprised me in the sense that it was actually pretty decent.

Saliva I enjoy listening to every now and then.

Btw. No reason to feel ashamed for liking Lady Gaga, I absolutely love her. Hahahaha. And Van Halen of course holds a place in my heart.

If you like really unique music I would suggest Emilie Autumn as it is a mixture of victorian-styled music and industrial. I fell in love with her use of the electric violin in her Opheliac and Unlaced album. She is quite a talented violinist. I would suggest hearing her song "Unlaced" or "Syringe" from her Unlaced album.

Yeah, Trent is a bit overrated.. but not compared to a lot of other bands you here on the radio. He definitely stands out compared to the rest of the mainstream.

I used to love Mudvayne and Funeral For A Friend.. I kinda outgrew them a bit though, I still enjoy listening to them every once in a while.

Metallica is pretty good, I absolutely hated St. Anger though.. but their newest album surprised me in the sense that it was actually pretty decent.

Saliva I enjoy listening to every now and then.

Btw. No reason to feel ashamed for liking Lady Gaga, I absolutely love her. Hahahaha. And Van Halen of course holds a place in my heart.

If you like really unique music I would suggest Emilie Autumn as it is a mixture of victorian-styled music and industrial. I fell in love with her use of the electric violin in her Opheliac and Unlaced album. She is quite a talented violinist. I would suggest hearing her song "Unlaced" or "Syringe" from her Unlaced album.

Oh, I very much concur with that. :) By comparison, NIN's music is very unique.

Funeral For A Friend is actually my favorite band next to Brand New, but I'm willing to admit that their songs can be redundant, much like Hawthorne Heights.

As for Lady Gaga, I normally never go for pop, but I simply can't lie; her songs are incredibly catchy, not to mention the singer herself is very likeable, which is a rarity in the music business these days.

Hmm, victorian-style/industrial, you say? With the electric violin to boot? I will definitely look into it, thank you for the recommendation.

I like:

The Killers
We the Kings
Bon Jovi
Jack Johnson

Top 10, taken from my Last.fm, since I can't choose for myself (although I changed 8 and 9 out- Ayumi Hamasaki and Utada Hikaru- since most of my plays of those are of remixes of the same song They're still good though).

I'm an eccentric person, and as such, I have eccentric tastes.

1.ALI PROJECT
2.Scooter
3.T.M.Revolution
4.L'Arc~en~Ciel
5.Flogging Molly
6.ABBA
7.Kana
8.Moi dix Mois (this was 5 on Last.fm but I accidentally skipped it and put Flogging Molly in instead)
9.Nightwish
10.Voltaire

Hm. I'm sorry to sayFlogging Molly is really the only one of those I've heard. They're pretty good; it's nice to hear accents in music every once in a while.

1. Soundgarden--Superunknown is the greatest album ever.
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers--Stadium Arcadium is a close second.
3. Audioslave--not as good as Soundgarden, but good.
4. U2--really good, upbeat stuff.
5. Led Zeppelin--Stairway to Heaven just speaks for itself.
6. The Offspring--several good songs, although nothing truly spectacular.
7. Collective Soul--really good songs, but they're kind of sparse.
8. Puddle of Mudd--I've only heard a few songs, but they're creative and catchy.
9. Evanescense--I really like bringing a female perspective to rock.
10. Aerosmith--I love their music, but they get low on the list because I don't really like the lyrics.

Really, Soundgarden and the RHCP are the only ones I'm adamant about. The others just have songs I like and figured were good enough to get listed here. A list of my top ten songs, I would be able to put much more thought into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom