• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TPC hints at Jump Festa reveal: Pokémon Battle Chess also on pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.
This better have 3ds compatibilities -_-

Wow, that was surprising. XD I have to admit that I know absolutely nothing about the franchise that Pokemon is having a crossover with. That guy with Zekrom looks absolutely badass though. Speaking of that, wheres Reshiram? Are there going to be different versions of this too? XD

Guess Pokemon Grey will have to wait. The odds of it being on the 3DS just shot up, because the longer it takes then the less likely it will stay on the DS. September never looked so far away. -_-

Lots of Nobunaga's Ambition games were never released outside of Japan so I'm not sure if it'll end up released anywhere else. I don't think it'd do that well internationally since most people outside of Japan dont even know what Nobunaga's Ambition is, although who knows, The Pokemon Company may push for it to be released elsewhere. It would just seem odd for them to release it in the US when Im pretty sure barely anyone knows that Nobunaga's Ambition is since most of the series consisted of Japan only released.

Lots of Nobunaga's Ambition games were never released outside of Japan so I'm not sure if it'll end up released anywhere else. I don't think it'd do that well internationally since most people outside of Japan dont even know what Nobunaga's Ambition is, although who knows, The Pokemon Company may push for it to be released elsewhere. It would just seem odd for them to release it in the US when Im pretty sure barely anyone knows that Nobunaga's Ambition is since most of the series consisted of Japan only released.
That's true, but wasn't that the same case for Mystery Dungeon too? We've had all Mystery Dungeon games released here except the mini trio on Wii.

This is quite exciting for me. It reminds me of BUSHI Seiryuuden. Do we have information on who is developing this game yet?

That's true, but wasn't that the same case for Mystery Dungeon too? We've had all Mystery Dungeon games released here except the mini trio on Wii.

This is quite exciting for me. It reminds me of BUSHI Seiryuuden. Do we have information on who is developing this game yet?

Yeah, but since it was a lone Pokemon game and Pokemon is very well known in the US, lots of people would have paid attention when they heard about it or saw it. With this game, its a crossover so people in the US will barely have a clue what 'Nobunaga's Ambition' is so it seems a bit pointless to release it anywhere outside of Japan. Who knows though, they may release it internationally but to me, I just see it being a Japan only game.

So if this is a main series Pokémon game, can you trade Pokémon from Black and White over? I won't buy it if it's just another spin off game.

Exciting news. i'm actually glad the game is nothing expected. because we all assumed Gray/RSEmakes were coming out eventually. so why waste a surprise reveal on something that wouldn't be surprising?

This has definitely piqued my interests and i cannot wait for more.

(good things the 3ds is backwards compatible)

As others have said, the "Pokémon" part was enough to get Mystery Dungeon released over here wasn't it? So I wouldn't say never.

I do imagine a possible title change though, to make it more appealing to the west. Maybe at least, moving the "Pokémon" part to the front, making it Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition or maybe even Pokémon x Ambition to make it sound snappy?

So if this is a main series Pokémon game, can you trade Pokémon from Black and White over? I won't buy it if it's just another spin off game.
It's a spin-off game.

Last edited:
Oh my god, not another DS game.

I don't want to return to PS1 graphics in friggin 2012.
Funny no one ever says "I don't want to play the same game I've been playing since 1996"...oh wait.

It's nice to see Pokemon coming out of the box

If this does get an English release it could potentially become as successful as the MD series. I hope it does, it looks so unique and I love the theme from the appearance.

Time to go research who the heck these Ambition characters are. As for the name "Pokemon Ambition" sounds just fine to me.

Yeah, but since it was a lone Pokemon game and Pokemon is very well known in the US, lots of people would have paid attention when they heard about it or saw it. With this game, its a crossover so people in the US will barely have a clue what 'Nobunaga's Ambition' is so it seems a bit pointless to release it anywhere outside of Japan. Who knows though, they may release it internationally but to me, I just see it being a Japan only game.
Mystery Dungeon is its own series, and like Joshawott said, the Pokemon aspect of it was enough to make it released outside of Japan. Since this game is a major spin-off (as opposed to minor games like the typing game) it would actually seem odd to me if it wasn't released outside of Japan.

As others have said, the "Pokémon" part was enough to get Mystery Dungeon released over here wasn't it? So I wouldn't say never.

I do imagine a possible title change though, to make it more appealing to the west. Maybe at least, moving the "Pokémon" part to the front, making it Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition or maybe even Pokémon x Ambition to make it sound snappy?
"Pokemon" is at the front of "Pokemon+Nobunaga no Yabou"... everyone just seems to be putting the Nobunaga part first for surprise. xD

Am I the only one that actually thinks this looks good? I mean I dont know what Nobunaga no Yabou is but still it looks new, different and potentially awesome.

No, from the reaction almost everybody seems to like this lol Its not some pointless spinoff that nobody cares about, it actually seems very interesting.

Interesting enough to make me forget about Pokemon 'Grey' for a minute.

Unification of all the Pokemon regions. I've wanted to see a game in that.

It goes hand in hand with a claim I heard of all the regions up to unova are supposed to be interconnected.

Too bad Mewtwo seems to be there. It would have been interesting if this were canon to the main series :(

Am I the only one that actually thinks this looks good? I mean I dont know what Nobunaga no Yabou is but still it looks new, different and potentially awesome.

Definitely not! It seems like a good deal of people are excited, actually :) At least I know I am! :D

Same here!

I just wish the human characters were either drawn to be more consistent with Pokemon's style, or the Pokemon were drawn to be more consistent to the other game's style.

Though Bidoof here finally doesn't look derpy

It would be nice if it was visually a bit more consistent with the other games, but in a way I'm glad it's not...that way it can really differentiate itself! I'm also a fan of those historical Japanese visual novel-like games, and the art style is similar to those, so I kinda like it xD

This better have 3ds compatibilities -_-
According to PokeBeach it will be compatible with 3DS also.

Last edited:
All but a handful of Nintendo DS games are compatible with the 3DS, so why is that big of a deal?

I've noticed a good deal of people here and elsewhere mention how upset they'd be if this wasn't 3DS-compatible, so I just thought I'd mention it was, now that we know for sure.

Looking back, I'm SO glad they announced this, and entire new game, as opposed to Keldeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom