• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first ten mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first te

I knew something was missing. We didn't get to see Zorua escape the plane. I also love the "what is Pokemon" part in the beginning of every Pokemon movie.

Re: TPCi not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut: Future airings will keep first te

Dang... cutting out a whole 10 minutes? That's kinda strange... although not something to get your panties in a bunch, it's still a little disappointing when tv networks cut out scenes from movies when they're broadcast, especially on their premiers.

But in all honesty though... it's also sad to see people getting all-out pissed about something so trivial like a cartoon, let alone any movie in general. Sure, it is a little upsetting, but you could always view it on DVD... that way, you don't miss a thing. I can understand though why TPCi would get a little upset, beings it's their property. I don't like it whenever they cut out scenes from other movies on other networks, either, but I don't act like it's the end of the world. Like if I see they're showing National Treasure on USA, I just pop in the 'ol DVD instead, because they're almost always cutting scenes... unless they're showing the "uncut" version, anyways.:-/

Excellent. When's it come on again? I gotta erase the DVD and re-record it.

Dang... cutting out a whole 10 minutes? That's kinda strange... although not something to get your panties in a bunch, it's still a little disappointing when tv networks cut out scenes from movies when they're broadcast, especially on their premiers.
When the first ten minutes sets up a lot of the events in the movie, then yes, yes it is.

But in all honesty though... it's also sad to see people getting all-out pissed about something so trivial like a cartoon, let alone any movie in general.

I just like to object to his little part, rather then the whole thing. Do you realize how much these things cost to produce, on both sides, or really any production? And how would you feel if you spent a lot of hard work on something and then someone cuts it up and make it not make sense?

Maybe it's because I'm a film student that I'm a bit offended, but really, it is something to be concerned about. People who saw it on TV at that moment didn't even know if it was supposed to be like that or not. Yeah it's unlikely it'd be cut for EVERYTHING in the US, but still, how would anyone else know?

"TCPI not happy?"

Based on *what*? Nothing about the e-mail quoted in the story makes them sound pissed off at all.

Bare in mind that TPCI and CartoonNetwork are both businesses, and that they both have a mutual interest in Pokemon. On TPCI's end, their aim is to bring in more consumers through promotion of their franchise on the airwaves. And CartoonNetwork's objective is to maximize profits through advertisements and cable providers.

As shocked as anyone could possibly be over CartoonNetwork's display of gross incompetence, TPCI is not going to publicly display outrage towards one of their paying clients and risk jeopardizing their relationship. The statement they made is nothing more than damage control.

thank god! I watched my recording I did and I thought I had started it late. Glad to know the problem is fixed.

The first ten minutes of the Zoroark film explains the rest of the movie's plot. Everything from Ash and co. learning about the Pokemon Baccer Tournament in Crown City; Kodai participating in the tournament with "Raikou/Entei/Suicune"; Kodai capturing Zoroark and forcing her to transform into the Legendary Beasts; and Zorua escaping Kodai's airship.

They also cut out the "World of Pokemon" intro with Ash VS Kenta/Jimmy.

Just to let you know, I've added a modified version of your post in the news article in order to expand it. So, nevermind :bounce: :-D

i knew something wasn't right when i watched the movie.... i was ecpecting more but didn't get what i was expecting from the movei... i hope i will be able to see the full version

What about the tour theatrical airings? Do they have full versions?

Why..just why?

C.N should of watched it first to see that cutting the first bit out caused 2 plot holes in the film.

I'm okay with Cartoon Network cutting time off of Anime Opening Themes but cutting 10 minutes off of a Movie is an insult to people watching the movie.
If this happens again, Cartoon Network should never broadcast Pokémon movies ever again!
Cartoon Network also air those advertisements that mostly don't relate to Pokémon and they broadcast things like Adventure Time or any useless time-consuming program (What Pokémon fans are gonna watch that stuff?).
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

I didn't watch it, but I'm not surprised that Cartoon Network would pull something like that, to be honest.

Yeah, when I first heard that scenes were cut, and that CN aired an episode of Adventure Time to fill in, which time frame actually equaled that of the scenes cut, I thought that was a pretty stupid move. Why did they cut out ten minutes of a movie to air a 10 minute episode of AT? I like AT and all, but really?

Yay! :D so...is there already some sort of plan on showing it again soon or is this a "when we show it right before the next movie" in july kinda thing? :/

I'm glad they will fix this mistake.

That's why it seemed so short when I watched it. Let's hope they won't acrew it up again with the DVD release, even if it is a year from now.

Kazamatsuri said:
TPCI is not going to publicly display outrage towards one of their paying clients and risk jeopardizing their relationship.

I know that. My point was that the headline "TPCI not happy about Cartoon Network movie cut" is extremely misleading since there's nothing in that e-mail that indicated anger on TPCI's part. The idea that they're unhappy is just an assumption on the reporter's part.

A better headline would have been something like "TPCI did not know about Cartoon Network edits" or "TPCI did not authorize Cartoon Network edits."

Wow, just wow. I was hoping that TCPi would do something about this incompetance on CN fault. I just hope they will re-show it without the cut sometime soon. They could do it the Saturday before March 6th.

I know that I shouldn't get my hopes up to high for that re-airing but I just really wanted to see the opening. I wonder what was going on in the schedulers' heads when they decided to cut the first 10 minutes, without telling TCPi... :dodgy:

Let's be fair, TPCi probably didn't care that much. People still watched the movie, which got the ratings in, and those people will probably buy Black and White due to seeing the snazzy new Zorua and Zoroark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom