• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tracey vs Cilan

Tracey vs Cilan

• Total voters
Cilan is better. Tracey was only decent because he was only there for 30 episodes. Had Tracey been around for 150-200 episodes like the other main characters, he probably would have been really stale and boring. Its only his short run as a character that made him slightly interesting.

I think that Cilan is better. He doesn't blend into the background nearly as often as Tracey did and he has more of a fun and at times comical personality. Tracey was bland, although still fairly likable. He just took up Brock's role and didn't really do anything new or unique to stand out.

I have to go with Cilan. While he didn't developed that much i liked his debut in anime better with fascination over Ash unorthodox battling style and innovative approach, resulting in laving gym to his two brothers going on quest to learn nw ways of battling and strategies. Strategies of which he never knew until meeting Ash showing how on travels you often learn in going on innovating and coming with creative combinations.

I like his flamboyant personality, tendency to joke, his firm belief how everything can be explained from logic and scientific standpoint which derives from fear from paranormal he as character showed etc. Along with his hot blooded interest for various hobbies being fascinating over them whether its trains, resolving mysteries as detective, fishing having his own lure(like Misty) giving him more dimensions not feeling generic and one dimensional as character.

Rivalry with Burgundy definitely added much needed fire to his role remaining active because of it being fun to watch their clash, competition in evaluating compatibility between trainers and their pokemon or battling not being able to stand him up and his advices. Sadly she ended as joke of rival but still i liked her interactions with Cilan and substance she provided to his role.

Likewise Cilan career of being connoisseur was untried and new concept having potential to be done so much, but sadly we didn't saw expansion on it.

In comparison while i didn't mind Tracey, i didn't grew attached to his character either feeling indifferent. Although ill admit he still had some great interactions with Misty and Ash in Orange Islands serving as intermediate who will break up conflict if necessary, having some unique things going for him. Such as fascination over prof. Oak dreaming his whole life to meet him, shy and embarrassment toward girls he finds attractive and interest in drawing pokemon being watcher which was interesting, new type of career we never get to see expand on it more.

And i have to admit that i enjoyed in his role during chronicles having great interactions full of comedy or embarrassment with Misty who was eager of seeing him again helping her over various chores and doing company, while his gentle , polite nature cost him sometime by accepting chores Daisy and Misty gave to him later regretting it. You could tell their friendship grew there.

Its really pity that writers replaced him after such short time because i believe Tracey had genuine potential to make something worthwhile with him and expand on watcher career. I always thought Smeargle from Johto would be perfect for him.

That said Brock was still better than both of them in my book. Sorry guys.

Cilan is better. Tracey was only decent because he was only there for 30 episodes. Had Tracey been around for 150-200 episodes like the other main characters, he probably would have been really stale and boring. Its only his short run as a character that made him slightly interesting.

Staying only for 30 episodes was Tracey biggest enemy. His short stay resulted in no development for character, opportunity to learn more about his past and from where he originates along with not having chance both character and his pokemon to be fleshed out better and accomplish something.

Personally i rather appreciate when character is given more screen time on show allowing us to get insight in his various qualities expanding on them, get some good character development making it feel like he learned something on his journey along with building on his pokemon team and story.

I imagine if Tracey was given chance to stay for longer he would probably be better accepted among fans

Tracy is easily the least popular main character on the show. If one were to compare Tracy with any other reoccurring character, the other character will always win.

This is no exception. Cilan is a breath of fresh air, he's funny, and he's a great addition to the group. I never really watched the Orange Islands saga except for Charizard Chills, but I still find Tracy to be a dull character. It never seemed like he contributed much on the show and the second movie, even after he left to be with Professor Oak.

Cilan's awesome. As many others have mentioned, he's a breath of fresh air and you really love to play along with his weird antics and mannerisms. :)

Tracey was pretty interesting, if a little generic. He was a bit bland, but that's not to say he didn't have his moments. Also bearing in mind he's the only character so far who ever realized his dream, and you get a great character underneath all of that fluff. He also had a unique hobby in Pokemon Watching. While I prefer both Brock and Cilan over Tracey, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy Tracey's character, because I did. He was certainly a unique character.

I'm Captain Obvious! And I go with Tracey!
JK, Cilan is even better than Brock for me...

Tracy is easily the least popular main character on the show.

It's funny you say this, because people get excited when they see him cameo in Best Wishes, and they want to see him more now due to lack of connection to past seasons. So in a way Best Wishes sort of helped his stance among fans.

Tracy is easily the least popular main character on the show.

It's funny you say this, because people get excited when they see him cameo in Best Wishes, and they want to see him more now due to lack of connection to past seasons. So in a way Best Wishes sort of helped his stance among fans.

I've always liked Tracey myself. My least favorite characters on this show are either Zoey or Georgia. I've never liked them. They're just kinda mean sometimes. XD.

Kenji is sooo boring, the only good thing about him is that he owns a Strike.

Dent isn't exactly my favorite character, but at least he is funny and looks sharp. He may be even more interesting than Takeshi. Ah, and he has an Iwapalace.

Cilan is more of an interesting character. Tracey, although sweet was kinda boring. It's true that Cilan annoys me quite a lot but it's only because his personality is too big, which is something I could never say about Tracey. In terms of who is the strongest fighter, definitely Cilan.

Tracey was just brock without the love for nurse joy.

Back
Top Bottom