• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer HP System - Yes or No?

I can't see them doing it.

If you want a game with trainer HP, try one of the tabletop games (Pokemon Tabletop Adventures and Pokemon Tabletop United.) Trainers can fight Pokemon too in those games.

I would be interested in seeing a game mod/fan game with trainer HP, though.

No. That would be a cheap way to lose. Besides, the trainer should not be involved in the fight. They issue commands, that's it. If implemented properly, I guess it would be okay, but it would be the worst battle aspect by a long shot. And the games should not emulate the anime. Ever.

I see no point as to why they'd add a trainer HP system, unless they introduce trainer on trainer battles where the trainer duels it out along with their Pokemon against the trainer and their Pokemon but only trainers can hit each other. It would make things more interesting if they did it this way and give the trainer a more interesting role.

New mechanics should build upon current mechanics to make things remain both fresh, but still enjoyable. Trainer HP would not accomplish that, nor add anything to the game. In fact, it would probably just detract from the overall experience and make things ridiculous to micromanage in a game that balances simplicity and complexity fairly well already.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom