• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Traveling companion

turtlekid

Reaction score
So currently Ash is traveling with Iris and Cilan, before that it was Dawn and Brock, and before that there was May/Max and I think Brock can't quite remember. What I was thinking was that how Ash has traveled with the anime counterpart of the video game version girl player character (May, Dawn) Considering Ash already has his traveling companions for this series of the anime I don't think it would happen but, what do you think about Ash traveling with the anime counterpart of the male in game player character? I think It would be interesting to see but I'm curious on what your thoughts of the idea are.

It's because they have no storyline to give to a male hero since Ash will always do Gyms.

Currently, Ash basically is a representation of Hilbert. Look closely at his outfit.

It's because they have no storyline to give to a male hero since Ash will always do Gyms.

I wouldn't mind a group 3 or 4 people who all battle gyms yes we'll have to see the same gym leader multiple time but some parts can be off screen

I wouldn't mind a group 3 or 4 people who all battle gyms yes we'll have to see the same gym leader multiple time but some parts can be off screen

That would actualy sound cool. And to above well so only girl's would compete in contests? haha I did kind of find the contests a little bland but definatly wouldn't want the pokemon musicals. Maybe he could be like brock. Or maybe just a pokemon collector, I think that would be something cool to see, someone who owns a large variety of pokemon.

I wouldn't want to sit through the same Gym leaders multiple times. When they do it only a few times, like when we saw Paul battle Roark, or Dawn battle Maylene, it was fine, but to see that with every Gym leader would get tiring fast.

I wouldn't want to sit through the same Gym leaders multiple times. When they do it only a few times, like when we saw Paul battle Roark, or Dawn battle Maylene, it was fine, but to see that with every Gym leader would get tiring fast.

Dude I said that they can skip stuff. They can also do things in fast montage. Or have one character train while the others battle the gym leader off screen. They are plenty of ways to make this work and it would be a lot more compelling than just Satoshi and his entourage. You know what I'm saiyan? So yeah I can definitely see Ash, Hilbert, Hilda and maybe someone else all traveling together.

Skipping through Gym Battles/making them into a montage really diminishes their importance. I look forward to each Gym Battle as a highlight of the series (and they usually are), the defining moments that separate the filler. If you start filler-ing gyms, what is there to look forward to? At present, only the evil team plotlines (and contests if they were to be brought back).

Skipping through Gym Battles/making them into a montage really diminishes their importance. I look forward to each Gym Battle as a highlight of the series (and they usually are), the defining moments that separate the filler. If you start filler-ing gyms, what is there to look forward to? At present, only the evil team plotlines (and contests if they were to be brought back).

They would still be moments to look forward to!!! Just some parts would be skipped so we don't see the same thing three or four times. And I should not have said "fast montage" I should have said "collaboration" meaning scenes from all 3 or 4 battles would be mashed together into about 1 or 2 episodes. So it would be about the same time as if it were just Ash if not more time. Just more variety. Does that clear things up? So if they gave of a trainer group instead one trainer and his entourage they would have no reason not to put the male player character which is what some fans want.

I had noticed the shafting of many main male game characters in the anime. They either get stuck to tiny movie cameos, or never show up at all. One thing that stuck out was when Lyra debuted in DP. This would've been great for Ethan to debut as well, but no, we got stuck with some nerdy character hanging around Lyra. Ethan is reduced to a small movie cameo instead. ;_; (Though, I'm not counting the appearance of Jimmy in "The Legend of Thunder!") I'm glad they made Lyra not do contests like May and Dawn.

I'm guessing Ash and co. will meet up with Hilda/White sometime in the future and Ash will quickly fight Hilbert/Black's teeny-tiny cameo in the up-coming movie.

I'm glad they made Lyra not do contests like May and Dawn.

Does that really matter? We only saw her for 5 episodes. Likewise they probably did that because her counterpart, Marina, was a coordinator. In one of the early DP eps, we see Zoey pull up a laptop where we see Marina doing a Contest appeal with her Feraligatr.

And Hilda might very well be like Leaf, and not show up at all.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom