• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Troubles with the National Pokedex in LeafGreen

Moppi

Eventual PokéFan...
Reaction score
I dunno if this has been tackled around here and stuff, but after quite a long time i decided to finish my LeafGreen game. (most of the time, i just played it to level up my Pokemon to levels that they could just easily stomp the Elite 4 clean : P)

So anyway, after beating them the first time with my Pokedex on 71 owned and 125 seen i still can't get the National Pokedex! (Prof. Oak telling me somewhere along "Very Good! You can get more via fishing"). I've searched through some of the pokemon sites that i go to and then gamefaqs, and they all list the requirement being on 60 pokemon only. (I fought the Elite 4 for the second time, but still the same result....) Did i forget something?.

Any help would be TOTALLY appreciated.

Hmm...

So by beating the elite four a second time you've completed the Team Rocket sidequest on Four Island and Five Island?

Wait a minute.... you mean, i have to complete the Team Rocket sidequest first to get the National Pokedex?.

No, you have to complete it to battle the Elite Four a second time. You have to get the National Dex before you can go there which is why I asked.

I think i haven't fought the second upgraded Elite 4 (for i have beaten them the second time but still has the same stats as when you first fight them).

How about finishing the Machine thing in Islands one, two and three? Would that result to me unlocking the National dex?

Wait, this isn't adding up. You can't fight the E4 a second time after the first because Lorelei is not there. She is on Island Four, which you can't get to unless you already have the National Dex. Are you sure you don't have it, because nothing you're saying is making sense without it.

Finally got it.

@Sceptile726

You can fight the E4 many times you want, if you didn't finish Bill's stint in One > Three Island (therefore, fighting them without no Stat improvement). :( (Which i didn't) That's why i ain't getting the National Dex.

Thanks for the help everyone. :p Maybe sites should hint that out.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom