• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia True Blue Mafia [Endgame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and there was a role that could change wincons. Zexy told me a long time ago that he considers that bastard, and I agree.

IMO a Psychiatrist isn't a bastard rolechange; it's not like you're converting 1 mafia to cult and letting the cult know the entire faction, or converting 1 town to mafia (Yakuza role) and making it so that a potential cop scan on a town Doctor is no longer accurate. It's modifying the win _condition_ but not the alignment, which i think is far less bastard than a cult.

Oh! That reminds me. I was going to talk about FA's role was different to jailkeeper.

Jailkeeper is essentially a doc combined with a roleblock... meaning that strongman can still break the protection, and investigative roles would still work.

FA's role meant that ALL roles would fail against their target. Cop checks, strongman, etc.

Ahh, victory! It was awesome getting a second chance and still betraying the Town in the end. That's my first game as an indep, and it went better than I'd imagined. Great game, everyone! The setup and flavor were good, and I'd definitely play more by AE sometime.

Can we lol at how the Town Cop, Mafia RoleCop and Neutralizer were all on SK!MegaPod, and everything went to heck because of the LightningRod N1?
That is...interesting

alright, so, apparently the mafia won mostly through inactivity.

....I can't say I'm happy about that.

Still, I can't really believe Elie fooled me so completely.

Also I picked up on something being wrong when Pika wasn't killed along with Cheff, since the loss of one townie through GM mistake would have been fine with the kill of a town through the lynch, but the fact that Aussie didn't try to fix it by killing them both said a lot about Pika's alignment.

alright, so, apparently the mafia won mostly through inactivity.

....I can't say I'm happy about that.

Still, I can't really believe Elie fooled me so completely.

Also I picked up on something being wrong when Pika wasn't killed along with Cheff, since the loss of one townie through GM mistake would have been fine with the kill of a town through the lynch, but the fact that Aussie didn't try to fix it by killing them both said a lot about Pika's alignment.

You weren’t the only one to notice that. Mido pmed me about it too.

Ok now that I have some time to make a longer post:
Congrats fellow scum and thank you MegaPod for your assistance in the destruction of numbered usernames. It as great to approach you on a personal/scum level.

For the cop fake, I was already setting it up in thread as well to back up my claim. At the point that Light claimed Cop I was acting suspicious on it. I also said Lone was way better imo in my second read cause of a "cop check". I had already thought of the complete check history I would have had. The fact that Light cleared lone as his first check made it believable cause of the 1x cop and therefor mde the other checks doubtful. It would have been a great action in the history of "TOWN TRUSTING GODDAMN DARTH AGAIN".

Onto the questions.

Did you enjoy the game?
I certainly did, being scum is always fun.

What did you think of the setup?
Setup looks fine, although I'm not sure what to think of all the kill power. I guess that is where RC came in.
That reminds me, RC targeted lone. Did that do anything?

Did you enjoy the flavour?
The delay caused me to not read everything yet. I'll wait till its done.

Would you play another AE game?
I somehow am scum in most of your games, yes. They are always fun.

And would you play another AE bastard game?
Bastard or not, I don't care if it is or not.

Do you have any other comments?
Lone worded it perfectly
PS: Mwaha. Hahaha. Mwahaha haha. Hahaha. Mwahaha. Ha.

Setup looks fine, although I'm not sure what to think of all the kill power. I guess that is where RC came in.
That reminds me, RC targeted lone. Did that do anything?
No. The only scum it would have affected is derpghost. RCs power has no effect on the factional kill.

I was actually looking forward to seeing how that would go down...

Because I expressively said that all roles in the game were positive (Yes, even Ned Kelly) in the opening :p
What we have done in this game is pitted Australia icons against positive outside influences… That is, things, or people, that have contributed positively to our culture, but do not originate from Australia.
Btw, this only ensures that the mafia are positive. It doesn't necessarily imply that every alignment is positive. And personally I think my justification of a Serial Killer being a negative influence wanting everything dead was a good idea.

Being bussed was probably my best possible contribution to this game, so I'm good with that.
Strange how I've failed at town so much but the second I get scum in two games I win.

Anyway, this was a beautifully done game, and bastard games are by far the best ones. I would definitely play more in the future. Flavor text was pretty good too!

Oh, and one last thing.
maccas.jpg

Wow, I'm shocked at half the scum team, I was going on in the graveyard chat about how I thought MP/RC were pulling an elaborate SK/psychiatrist scheme to outlast town just long enough to win. I went a little conspiracy theorist there lol.

Good game, mafia!! That Derp bussing in particular was a great move in building up 2/3 of you as likely town. Elieson completely had me fooled, and Darth being on the Derp wagon eased a decent bit of my concerns on him. :(

Did you enjoy the game?
Yeah, I had a good time, and activity picked up quite a bit after D1/N1. Even after being killed, it was fun to watch.

It seems pretty solid, and I think it was balanced! There was a good variety of roles, and the PMs were interesting to learn about positive influences on Australia.

I think I'm behind on reading some of it, but as always, what I have read is very well-written with a compelling storyline for all of us being in this game!

Definitely!

I've got no problems with bastard games, so yes!

This was a fun game to come back to, thanks for hosting AussieEevee and Elementar!

I was going on in the graveyard chat about how I thought MP/RC were pulling an elaborate SK/psychiatrist scheme to outlast town just long enough to win. I went a little conspiracy theorist there lol.

All the mud to mix into the water, my dear~

@Elieson I knew you were a busser: but now I know how bad you are. I will never trust you again :)

@DarthWolf dont complain next time we lunch out for being you :)

Anyways that was a well earned win for te mafia. That lynch in Derp was brilliant.

Wish activity would have been a bit better as it would have definitely helped town with scumhunting, but oh well. The mafia played well.

@AussieEevee thabks for hosting a great game, and good job with the tough stuff :)

Oh man, and here I was hoping for a chance to pull through anyway... Eh, congrats to the victorious parties and good game to all!

Did you enjoy the game?
That was really fun! I feel like I've contributed a lot more than any other game I've been in, haha...

It was alright.

Yep!

Definitely.

One like this? Oh yeah.

I just want to say thank you for including OC in this game because I would be lost without it.

Also big thank you to @Elieson for being a huge help (even if you were mafia all along just as I suspected).

Darth being on the Derp wagon eased a decent bit of my concerns on him. :(
I like how so many mention that. If you look closely it waswa 3way tie before my vote between:
Derp, scum
Lone, scum
Myself, scum
So... We picked derp as we needed lone for finding the cop for my plan.

@DarthWolf dont complain next time we lunch out for being you :)
What? I have no idea what you're saying

Also mido, why did you like so many of my post XD

I like how so many mention that. If you look closely it waswa 3way tie before my vote between:
Derp, scum
Lone, scum
Myself, scum
So... We picked derp as we needed lone for finding the cop for my plan.

What? I have no idea what you're saying

Also mido, why did you like so many of my post XD
If I liked a post I agree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom