• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

True pokemon fan

Kiratwig

Looking for a buddy
Reaction score
What is the biggest thing you have ever done to show you are a true pokemon fan?

Mine was when i dressed up as a pokemon trainer when i was ten and with my two friends went behind our house into the forest and played pokemon until the sun went down. We each had a hoenn starter mine was treecko. I would've gotten torchic but my sister wanted torchic since she said it was cute.

Last edited:
mine was treecko.

But your the master of Torchics!

Anyway, when I was little, I used to play with my sister and my BFF and we'd ram into eachother and be pokemon my friends sister was Nurse Joy. ^_^

When I was little, I used to roleplay Pokemon a lot. I can still do some voices pretty well, if you ask nicely. =3

I put stickers of my favorite Pokemon on my old DS. Of course I can't do that with my new one because it would cover up P&D and the little bits of sticker show up on black. I remember I had Infernape, Staraptor, Totodile, and Luxray.

Does whining endlessly about minor things in the anime qualify? Because it sure seems to in this fandom.

Probably the geekiest thing I ever did was when I used to pretend my Pokémon cards were real Pokémon. I'd talk to them and do the voices and everything...

Wow, that sounds really psychotic now that I think about it. Even with the excuse that I was a kid at the time, it still seems pretty darn crazy.

I pretend that my Darkrai and Deoxys follow me around everywhere. I talk to them in my head (and out loud when I'm not in public) and we share lots of adventures.

I once spent like, half an hour in a pool pretending I was a new pokemon called "dolphina" when I was 7

I pretended to have pokemon...

...but it was no fun when no one else wanted to play ;_;

and I was like...eight...haha. Or maybe nine, even...that's pretty bad for that age...

I taught my little sister about pokémon. She was too young to appreciate it, but listened to my every word XD (she was like, 3, and I was maniac)

I taught my little sister about pokémon. She was too young to appreciate it, but listened to my every word XD (she was like, 3, and I was maniac)

Im 8 Now while im writing this and when it was like my sisters 6th bday i tought her about pokemon! (i was 8 when i tought her!)And my baby bro who is 1 Loves torchic! My sis likes chimchar just like me!

I remember taking those little pokémon toys and playing with them for hours with my cousins. We also took my scientist kit and pretended to be scientists, there was also the time we copied the episode "The Problem with Paras" and made our own "medicines" by stuffing leaves, nuts, etc. in little jars. WOW.

Biggest thing I've done to show I'm a true fan? Easy. I managed to get Prime hooked on the games.... and he hated Pokémon before he met me. Now he's happily playing Diamond and Ranger while working his way through MD:RRRT. And this is the same guy who swore he would drop kick a Pikachu if he ever saw one.

Last edited:
Haha. Ages ago, well in like 1997/8, I did quite well in the UK Pokemon Trading Card League, I was one of the best, players of the game in my hometown. Able to beat 30 year old's with total ease.

Ways to improve the pokemon games

Okay, this is a question for everyone. What are many things that we need to improve the pokemon games for the next generation?

Probably stand up to my parents in favor of the show, and watch it, regardless. Also, pay my brother to watch it, when I was in middle school, and couldn't get home in time. Getting up around 7 on Saturdays, so I wouldn't miss the all new episode on Kids WB, just in case they decided to show it earlier.

Well, a couple of things. First of all, I used to have a Charmeleon action figure that I took with me to school. I kept him in my pocket all of the time; I was in 4th or 5th grade. One day I left it in a desk by accident, and by some miracle my little brother found it and returned it to me at the end of the day when we met on the bus.

Secondly, I used to have a huge doll house. I kicked out all the actual dolls, and instead let all my pokemon action figures live in the house. I was big into action figures; between the two of us, my brother and I must have had 50 or 60 of them. The house was packed. Instead of playing "house" we would play "Pokemon House". I don't remember much except that Arcanine was the father and Butterfree was the mother.

True Pokémon fan? You mean there are fake ones?

Yeah, I buy the games and watch the anime. Does this consistute as a true fan?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom