• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Season '16 Mafia - 9/5/16 - ENDGAME: Everybody Was Elieson... before War Room Day (TOWN WIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou to @TheCapsFan and @Zexy for hosting. It was an awesome game :)

Congrats to town. Definitely well deserved. Sorry scum, I wasn't expecting a spy xD

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes. It was very fun.
What did you think of the flavor text? What do you think of the fact that 3 different people wrote some phase updates each with little intervention from the others? How did that affect the end product? Would you like to see colors used for specific players again?

I really enjoyed the flavour text. It was very well-rounded and entertaining. I liked how several people contributed, and I think it was a complete story. I liked the colours.
What did you think of the balance and the mechanics? What did you think of the intentionally pro-town scumhunting mechanic based on name/game claiming? What about the independents?

I think the balance was quite good. The independents had the power to win, and the name-claiming aspect was a good part of the game.
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?

Get rid of that darn spy role xD Honestly, I would have used as many unique roles as possible, which was done. I commend that.
Would you like to see TWR Season ’17 Mafia? Any advice on what should/should not be included in that?

Definitely, especially since I will hopefully be represented. Just the same sort of stuff as this one. Unique roles are fun to use. Custom made roles are best suited.

I admit. I had fun.

I have asked Zexy to have Jester come up in role of the week as soon as possible. Having played it twice in a row... I have a few things to say about it.

The way Molten Eevee won the game, the analogies to the RM Jester-Cop shenaningans, ME's flavor text on that whole thing.
I am so glad the connection to RM didn't go unnoticed. I thought it was fitting since i was repreenting Engie.

I admit. I had fun.

I have asked Zexy to have Jester come up in role of the week as soon as possible. Having played it twice in a row... I have a few things to say about it.

I am so glad the connection to RM didn't go unnoticed. I thought it was fitting since i was repreenting Engie.
I'm *sniff* so proud of you.
You've earned the initials M.E.
I'm still the real ME, tho. :p

Indeed. It should come up soon.

Had I not noticed myself, ME wouldn't have let me to anyway :)

This game was a blast, I'm glad I subbed in and was part of it. It was my first time as a SK, so I wasn't sure how to handle things.

Congratulations to Molten Eevee and town for winning!

Btw, @Elieson I wasn't expecting a counterclaim when I claimed pumpkin, and I got kinda desperate at the time. That's when the planning started, not before that, as you might think xD
Baiting mafia was never a part of the plan.

Might I just say that, one of my favorite moments of this game is that, not only did we have our first TFPTSLBOOIA fakeclaim, but we also had a TFPTSLBOOIA fake counterclaim.

I AM MAKING TFPTSLBOOIA MAINSTREAM ON BMGF! :) :) :D

Edit: also @jdthebud glad you enjoyed the FT in FBM. It was definitely a lot of fun to write. I always seem to enjoy myself too much when I write FT.

@Elieson
I never even considered the possibility of jd not throwing out a vote. If this works out because jd gets distracted and unable to vote before phase end, I'll cry for the tied NoLynch WIN scenario.

100 minute countdown
this was never going to happen, I had my eye on the clock the whole night and day. As my role PM says, my only power was to vote, no way was I letting it go to waste!

Question Answers!

Did you enjoy the game?
As I've said, the most enjoyable game I've played on here so far, and it's up there with one of the most enjoyable ever. I ddin't play all that well in the middle game, but I think I picked it up at the end.
What did you think of the flavor text? What do you think of the fact that 3 different people wrote some phase updates each with little intervention from the others? How did that affect the end product? Would you like to see colors used for specific players again?
For this kind of celebratory game, it really worked well to see the FT updates from multiple people. A+!
What did you think of the balance and the mechanics? What did you think of the intentionally pro-town scumhunting mechanic based on name/game claiming? What about the independents?
The independents were well represented and well played. The game-claiming ended up making the difference in the end given that the last three players represented hosts with one game each, although Elieson did a very good job of injecting doubt in my mind.
I think it might be a better idea to eliminate game/host claiming, although it might have to be balanced with the roles in the game. The main reason being that most games don't allow for it so it might be a better representation of the season as a whole. Another thing you could do is have the hosts submit more than one role, so that it can give the game hosts a little bit more freedom to balance the game out.
Would you like to see TWR Season ’17 Mafia? Any advice on what should/should not be included in that?
Definitely, this was a blast! Can't wait to see what fun and unique roles will be used!

I think it might be a better idea to eliminate game/host claiming,
I think submission claiming should be banned, but game claiming doesn't need to be.... I mean, look at my fakeclaim. I looked at the game Zex had assigned me, kept the same host, same game and just chose a different role..... One that seemed towny.

Right, that's why I suggesting submitting multiple roles as well. Since I saw Zexy saying something about how the roles were submitted well before the games started, so it was possible they had been shared before the game started. Will also prevent hosts from knowing if a claim is a lie or not for sure.

I admit that submissions and letting them be claimed may have not been the best idea. Some hosts actually did me the favour of submitting more than one role so I could pick, thanks to those few for that.

Anyways, thing is, @jdthebud; I'm afraid name/game claiming couldn't be completely eliminated. The moment someone claims something like 1x Oblivion Wing, Nymphomaniac, Day 2 Public Revealer and so on (roles that appeared in only one game with a single host), the name/game is pretty much exposed. Which is why I considered that a pro-town mechanic, thus nerfing the town's roles, and moved on.

It would also make gameplay blend in with the celebratory atmosphere of the game a bit more, as the players really had to look into the season's games to scumhunt/fakeclaim.

Food for thought: do you consider this game a closed setup or an extremely* wide semi-open setup?
*to the point that all of last season's games' roles could be in

Definitions:
Closed setup - any roles may be in the game
Semi-open setup - only roles from a certain finite set may be picked with some set procedure.

The more I think of it, the more I'm leaning towards the latter.

Did you enjoy the game?

Not really I was framed again, Molten Eevee was being super mean to me and jack didn't listen to reason :///

It was awesome! I'm surprised I didn't feel burnt out, but actually after the game has ended I don't feel like posting that much lol. Honestly it was a wild ride, and the scumhunting through checking out the older games, which I did not even play, really showed me how much I missed in The War Room. If I was still around I'd have probably hosted a game too.

It was cool! It didn't feel dragged out, you said what you wanted to say and said it. I think I may have thought that some jokes could have been developed better having more build up to them but otherwise, it was cool.

It was surprisingly balanced! Sucks that the SK took till N4 to kill somebody. Well, honestly, like Molten Eevee said, you could just fakeclaim a Town claim from the game you're representing or some other game of the host. The spy result N2 revealed a lot of info with knowing the scum roles, and a lot later on I realized that Elieson would say "nom'd". The independents were cool but honestly Jasmine's win condition still being unchanged was lame. Final 1 and as Voteless is awfully hard to achieve. I'm finding it difficult to find a plausible way to win with such a role other than Mafia killing Town and SK killing Mafia in the Final 3.

If it weren't for Elementar's slip Mafia would have probably won this. They all played so well, I really thought Sunette was Town and I think they all distanced each other pretty well, and it doesn't help that as for pairs, I saw other pairs that did not include them to be more likely scum than them.

maybe not make the spy be a passive role, or like, at least roleblockeable omg...

Sure! But with 17 players!

Last edited:
Food for thought: do you consider this game a closed setup or an extremely* wide semi-open setup?

Definitions:
Semi-open setup - only roles from a certain finite set may be picked with some set procedure.

Yeah I think it's semi-open. What helped make the game so unique was the claim hunting by checking the older games. Town had some good info, but mafia's Sketch was incredibly useful too.

by the way, with how specific the jasmine result of the sketch was, i'd think it was legit in the game at least

How was the Spy result handled? Just giving a number to all the QT posts and then RNGing the numbers that come out?

Definitions:

Neither.

It was a chaos-mafia style game. Chaos mafia is a closed setup game, where players submit roles (in this case, their own previous games) and the hosts assign them to the factions they feel best suit the role/position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom