• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

As to kalos pokemon the fact that we have zygarde there proves that it runs too close in the timeline for kalos pokemon especially to have changed.

What do you mean? That makes no sense~ Kalos Pokemon could have migrated at the same time Kanto ones did. Some Pokemon didn't even migrate; some were bred that way, which could happen at any time, and some just EXIST (Alolan Raichu). What does that have to do with Zygarde? There's nothing preventing ANY generation from getting Alolan forms if you can so much as breed them to exist.

Johto had almost no megas they had maybe 5 maybe. They got shafted hard there too so no johto has had no significance anywhere. When was the last time we saw anything with typhlosion, or meganium? As to Kanto of course you see it everywhere it's the original. So yes, when you add some of their pokemon to every game it seems that way but they have some of each in every game.

But it doesn't really matter. I just think it would be unwise of them to switch the gen for this one. I'm not saying don't do it in the future. Just don't do it now when it's an add on game. It ruins the flow I think

Johto hardly got shafted. By that logic, so did Sinnoh since they actually only have 5 Megas, Johto has 6 (and if you're counting that specifically, 2 of Sinnoh's were introduced in ORAS, while 1 was the case for Mega Steelix, meaning originally, Johto had 5 Megas and Sinnoh had 3)~ Then there's poor Unova, of course with 1, not even introduced until ORAS, and the same for Kalos~ So, again, Johto and Kanto get plenty of attention. So have Hoenn mons since we just had ORAS. The have no reason to not give attention to Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos Pokemon at this point.

I don't see what "flow" you mean~ No one inherently associates Alolan forms with Kanto. Those are just the only ones we have now. I don't think anyone should be thrown off if they introduce Alolan Pokemon from other regions as if they're messing with the balance of nature or something by doing so. Even before USUM were announced, people have speculated for Alolan Pokemon of other region Pokemon. So I doubt anyone would find it strange.

Major B2W2 vibes from the reveal. The shorts and spandex remind me a lot of nate. UltraSol and UltraLuna remind me a lot of Black/White Kyurem. But the best part is that this a 3rd game deal, so I am expecting a great deal of changes. SM was already a near perfect package that had a full story and a pretty rich region, so I can only assume that its gonna be something more then just a remix then simply platinum or emerald. Proper gyms in the post league and so on so forth. Last but not least, the new Z Crystals pique my interest, I think Z formes are inbound.
Edit: I also think there is a real shot of there being some forme of new islands, and not just Alola as we know it.

Last edited:
Their must be way everyone here on this site to contact on twitter for game director to make more Pokémon can we try

Their must be way everyone here on this site to contact on twitter for game director to make more Pokémon can we try

............no.

But the best part is that this a 3rd game deal

IMO that's the worst part. Only 6 months after getting SM: "Hey here's an upgraded version that's not even a sequel but just an enhancement of the game you just bought releasing only one year later because we were lazy and wanted to get more money real quick!"

I don't think we should judge USUM right now, as the only thing we know about it are a few screenshots and 10 seconds of the Pokemon Direct. To me it doesn't seem like a remastered version of SM, but IDK.

I don't think we should judge USUM right now, as the only thing we know about it are a few screenshots and 10 seconds of the Pokemon Direct. To me it doesn't seem like a remastered version of SM, but IDK.
Try telling the fans who are still saltly about not getting Diamond/Pearl Remake, and they're still mad about it, because on twitter Joe Merrick got a tweet from one of the fans, they said that "UltraSun/UltraMoon is Lazy" Really, that just hating on the game, especially the fans are disappointed because US/UM is not on Switch. The fans need to get over that. The game haven't been release and people already judging on it.

Try telling the fans who are still saltly about not getting Diamond/Pearl Remake, and they're still mad about it, because on twitter Joe Merrick got a tweet from one of the fans, they said that "UltraSun/UltraMoon is Lazy" Really, that just hating on the game, especially the fans are disappointed because US/UM is not on Switch. The fans need to get over that. The game haven't been release and people already judging on it.

From what I see, people are not angry due to that, but becuase that they dared to make 2 third versions. They're jumping to conclusions that it is a cash grab. For completionists, they're getting a slightly modified game for $80. I understand their POV, but we must wait for more information. Those Solgaleo Lunala forms looks great.

Hope we get some sort of Lycanroc form. My money is on Rockruff>(Level up in Ultra Space) Lycanroc Ultra
I also think that this game should expand on Ultra Space.

Anything that GF drops at the end of the day is "just to get money"~ They're a business~ IDK why people are screaming "USUM IS JUST TO GET MONEY!!111!!" when...a sequel would ALSO have been just to get money? DP Remakes would have ALSO been just to get money? USUM on the Switch would have ALSO been just to get money?

Like I get people are mad about 3rd versions, but at least come up with something better than "it's a money grab" because all their content is~

Dude, don't go just assuming people are hating on USUM because they're 'salty', that's a shitty thing to say.

I don't mind that we didn't get DPPt remakes and am still judging USUM for probably being a third version. I bought a game for € 50 about six months ago, and if this really is a third version they're now telling me "Hey remember that game you bought 6 months ago? Yeah that's the crap version. We now present a better version which you again have to pay € 50 for".

Especially with DLC being a thing now, that definitely seems like a cash grab. And no, not all they make is a cash grab. Games with real effort put into them aren't cash grabs. Games that are 90% the same with some new additions (= third versions) are, cause they're making you pay the same money for way less effort.

Dude, don't go just assuming people are hating on USUM because they're 'salty', that's a shitty thing to say.

I don't mind that we didn't get DPPt remakes and am still judging USUM for probably being a third version. I bought a game for € 50 about six months ago, and if this really is a third version they're now telling me "Hey remember that game you bought 6 months ago? Yeah that's the crap version. We now present a better version which you again have to pay € 50 for".

Especially with DLC being a thing now, that definitely seems like a cash grab. And no, not all they make is a cash grab. Games with real effort put into them aren't cash grabs. Games that are 90% the same with some new additions (= third versions) are, cause they're making you pay the same money for way less effort.
Sorry I didn't mean to put it out like that, I read this on twitter, just in regards, joe merrick did not say this, it was the other fans.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/872150372311289857?p=v

The fans need to quit judging the games, just because they didn't get the games they wanted, I like US/UM, at least we get a chance explore aloa with alternate upgrades:)

Based on how they're being presented right now, I have every right to call Game Freak lazy. I won't deter anyone from thinking otherwise, but it's ridiculous to say that I am not entitled to my opinion, or that I should wait 5 months.

Joe Merrick is way too defensive about the series. He will never accept any criticism about it.

The fans need to quit judging the games, just because they didn't get the games they wanted, I like US/UM, at least we get a chance explore aloa with alternate upgrades:)

Like I said: fans aren't hating on USUM just because they didn't get the game they wanted. They're hating on USUM because if it's a third version you're paying the same money for a mere upgrade. And that in a era where DLC is a huge thing, that's just pretty unacceptable imo.

Again, no one is forced to buy these "lazy, effortless" 3rd versions. You're more than welcome to call GF/USUM lazy and have your opinion on it, but plenty people (not really on here, more on YT) seem to be acting like GF is making y'all buy SuMo and USUM. IDGI, if they're that upset about the "cash grab", why are they complaining about "GF is making us pay..." when they aren't making anyone do anything, just don't get the games. Feel free to complain, but it's kinda eeehh that people are complaining about "having to pay" XXX.

And IMO, everything is a cash grab, that's what companies do. Put out games and expect to get money from them. How can you judge the effort put into a game you haven't seen or played yet? Was there no effort put in Platinum? Was Emerald effortless? They seem like they had plenty effort into making them different in my opinion. I don't find them any "lazier" than BW2, personally, sans the story differences~

Except some "cash grabs" are more enjoyable than others and require more effort and ambition. Is it that hard to grasp that many people were hoping for something better, and now they can't have that for the foreseeable future?

There was definitely effort in Platinum, but you can't deny that it was way less effort than making DP from the ground up, cause Platinum copied about 90% of everything DP had. And still you had to pay exactly the same for it as DP. I would be a lot more fine with third versions if they cost less, but making us pay the same amount as a completely new game is ridiculous.

Again, we're in an era where DLC is a huge thing. For 20 bucks you get 40 hours of completely new content in The Witcher 3. With third versions you pay 50 bucks for largely the same game you played only a year ago with a tiny bit of new content. I'm fine with them being 'lazy' like that, but not with them asking the same amount of money for not the same amount of new content.

GF isn't making anyone buy the game, but they are making everyone pay an unfair amount for it if they do want to buy it.

Let's not forget that Zelda is getting quality DLC this year (for a third of the game's price), and so have many Nintendo games since 2012. Game Freak reverted to the past formula, even though they managed to abstain from it for 9 years.

Shameful.

Anything that GF drops at the end of the day is "just to get money"~ They're a business~ IDK why people are screaming "USUM IS JUST TO GET MONEY!!111!!" when...a sequel would ALSO have been just to get money? DP Remakes would have ALSO been just to get money? USUM on the Switch would have ALSO been just to get money?

Like I get people are mad about 3rd versions, but at least come up with something better than "it's a money grab" because all their content is~

Game developers aren't entirely in this for the money, sometimes they chose to make a particular game to do something creative with them. Look at Nintendo, if they were just making what was profitable, they'd be making the same high end consoles with realistic graphics, the same realistic shooters and open world games, and the same cheap, microtransaction riddled mobile games. And while there is some of that now, there's also a fair amount of quirky ideas for games and hardware that really shakes things up (see: the Wii, the Switch, most of the 3D Mario games sans 3D Land/3D World, Splatoon, ARMS). So no, games are not just for money, there can be multiple reasons to make a particular game.

However, this game seems to be entirely profit motivated, as there's very little they can do creatively with a third version of Alola and they're charging full price for it. A sequel, meanwhile, has a little more to offer creatively because they have more leeway to change some things from the original experience, so that would be a more creativity motivated game.

Speaking of third version game, April 29th, someone already leaked the title of game UltraSun/UltraMoon for 3ds, Now there's a third game called Ultra Eclipse exclusively to Switch. It's probably fake because the pokemon company already stated that US/UM are 3ds exclusive. The leak is also discussed Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

Back
Top Bottom