• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Unfezant <VS> Braviary

/Zer0

What would happen?
Reaction score
Okay, here are probably the two most popular Normal/Flying types of this generation (correct me if I'm wrong :p). And so, I've decided to pit them against each other; mostly for your opinions and to a lesser extent, to resolve my dilemma for flyer of my B/W party :).

2l9plxw.png
<VS>
21j2iba.png

dtq21.png

Unfezant (F)

Some questions you might want to consider when picking your choice:

(In your opinion):
Which Pokemon has the better design (Kenhorou is dependent on gender)?
Which of these two is the better battler?
Who would win in a battle?
Which Poke would you consider using on your team?
Do any of their pre-evolutions make a difference?
What about their stats/movepools/abilities?
Who is better overall?

>> BTW, I've looked all over for a similar Contest Hall thread, but couldn't find one. Please tell me if you do. Also, voted for "Can't Decide / Indifferent" :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Kenhorou <VS> Wargle

This is really not a fair comparison, at least battle-wise. Wargle wins, hands (or wings) down.

Wargle because it's fun to say. Wargle Wargle Wargle.

I have to say Wargle, as it surpasses Kenhoru (Sorry if spelled wrong) in three out of five stats, and it's name is easier to remember then Kenhoru (Again, sorry if spelled wrong).

Wargle for every question. I mean, seriously, Kenhorou is just... boring. Wargle, on the other hand? Probably one of my favorite Generation 5 Pokemon.

Also, /Zer0, keep in mind Wargle is White-exclusive in case you have Black.

Wargle might be my favorite Gen V Pokemon. I cannot wait to have one.

Wargle for every question. I mean, seriously, Kenhorou is just... boring. Wargle, on the other hand? Probably one of my favorite Generation 5 Pokemon.

Also, /Zer0, keep in mind Wargle is White-exclusive in case you have Black.

Oh, I've had my mind set on White ever since Zekrom moved over there. So no worries about that, but thanks for your warning.

As for the votes, Wargle is winning 9 : 0. On the unfair comparison, I don't think Kenhorou is at THAT much of a disadvantage; I believe the pheasant is faster than the eagle, right? It has some nice colors and can be caught and evolved early. Don't know if that helps even the field :p.

I think the only problem I have with getting a Wargle is how late it will appear in the game. As mentioned before, they're both great birds.

Wargle wins in every way.

Wargle is simply epic and has probably been my favorite Gen V pokemon ever since it was revealed way back over the summer.

Wargle is where it's at. It's a freaking eagle with amazing stats.

The only downside is how late it evolves compared to Kenhorou.

Wargle. The traditional Red White and Blue bird gets my vote! And it has great attacks.

Wargle? No thanks. Its name sounds like the noise you make when you're garggling. I'm not saying I hate Wargle. I mean, I think it has a strikingly beautiful and simple design, but I definitely prefer Kenhorou.

He's a hooded pigeon-pheasant with a fabulous mask and gorgeous emerald green accents. And kick ass talon-spurs.

Am I bitter that there's an American mascot bird and no Canadian mascot bird? Yes. But mark my words, when Gamefreak makes a Canadian mascot bird, it will reign superior. Yeah, I went there.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom