• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unova Journeys *Me (-Gray-) and Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Gray-

17 username changes :D
Reaction score
((OOC: Oblivion, would you mind putting your character's generic name/gender/appearance/personality up at the beginning of your 1st post? I'll edit one in in a second.

EDIT:
Name: Cole Jacobson

Appearance: Cole is slightly tall for his age, enough so that he gives off a slightly commanding aura. He is extremely thin, with no trace of fat anywhere on his body. You could literally count his ribs through his skin, and nearly every bone of his is visible from outside. No matter how much Cole eats, he never seems to put on much more weight or get any fatter. Believe me, he's tried. Cole has a slightly pale complexion that gets even paler when he's afraid. Because of Cole's thinness, his face appears slightly bony and prominent.

Cole has somewhat short dark brown hair. In the winter his hair appears black, although if you look closely you can see that it is still just an extremely dark brown. Cole's hair grows relatively fast in the front, so his eyes are normally covered a little by his hair. Cole does nothing to keep his hair out of his eyes, although as a small child he used to. Cole stopped once he realized how idiotic it looked to have his entire forehead exposed.

Cole has pure brown eyes that are several shades lighter than his hair. It's rumored that a single glare from Cole's eyes can quiet a whole room, although he tries his best to dispel these rumors. He's never said that it isn't true, though. Cole's eyes also almost radiate intelligence, and no one could ever guess how short-sighted he is. Cole normally wears contacts, although from time to time you might see him wearing glasses or neither.

And now, onto Cole's clothing. His attire is rather plain. It's normally just a plain white or red T-shirt and slightly faded jeans that have seen a lot of use. He wears a silver and gold digital wristwatch on his left wrist and an Xtransceiver on his right. Cole also has black running shoes on his feet and wears plain white socks, as well as a backpack containing his laptop on his back.

Personality: Cole has a more... interesting personality than most, as you'll see.
Cole considers himself a bit of a loner, although he has met plenty of people more introverted than himself. He prefers the company of a book or his laptop to the company of a large group of people, and sometimes gets pretty short-tempered when in the middle of a large crowd, so be careful if you see him in public. Cole also has a bit of a silver tongue, and can manipulate people with words. However, this silver tongue turns to lead when Cole is afraid and acid when he's angry, giving the impression of three different personalities.

First, there's cunning, manipulative Cole Jacobson, modest and slightly charming, as well as mysterious. He generally stays away from crowds and stays calm in even the most dangerous situations. He's a good leader and pretty strategic for someone of his age, and can inspire confidence in those around him.

Second, there's quiet, quick-to-flee Cole. He generally tries to stay clear of any awkward situation and diverts attention from himself in any way possible, whether it's changing the subject or rushing into a different room for a few minutes. Because of this, Cole is considered slightly shady, always avoiding conversations when possible. Even when he has to talk, Cole tends to leave the actual talking to someone else, although he listens attentively.

Finally, there's bold, quick-tempered Cole. He gets carried away in conversations, which generally makes chitchat deteriorate slowly into an argument. This personality slightly enjoys conflict, and will listen in and laugh softly at any argument. This version of Cole is the rarest, as he tries to keep out of arguments of any kind.

Cole is mortally afraid of heights, although sometimes this fear drives him to explore the highest areas possible. Contradictory, I know. He is very noble, and will do anything to resolve most fights quickly.
))

IC: Cole Jacobson sat on the bed of his room, staring intently at the clock as if he could make time go by faster. There was less than an hour before he would become a Pokemon Trainer, and Cole had nothing to do.

Sighing, Cole walked downstairs and out the door of his house. He was headed for Route 1, but not to actually enter. Cole sometimes enjoyed just sitting and watching the wild Pokemon scurry through the grass.

When Cole was about halfway to Route 1, his mother caught up with him.

"Here's your Bag, Xtransciever, and a new Trainer Card," Cole's mother said, thrusting the items into Cole's hands. "It's time for you to go visit Professor Juniper."

"Okay," Cole said. "I'll see you soon."

With that, Cole ran off in the direction of Professor Juniper's lab.

Last edited:
Name: Klaus Negri

Appearance: Klaus doesn't really care about his appearances, and that's made quite obvious if you get a good look at him. Wild black hair that sticks out in various spots, hollow gray eyes, and pale skin that would make one wonder if he spent any time in the sun. His attire is rather unkempt as well, consisting of a dark red jacket, and what would normally be a black T-shirt, but it now has multiple shades of brown. He also has dark blue jeans, normally dotted with stains of various kinds, as well as black tennishoes. He almost always dons black fingerless gloves with a dark red trim, as well as a black backpack with countless pockets and straps.

Personality: Klaus isn't exactly the kind of person you'd want to be around. Arrogant, bad-tempered, and downright nasty at times, Klaus is the kind of person who does what he wants to do, regardless of what happens. He's absolutely obsessed with Pokemon battling, and will do whatever it takes to win. Even if that means resorting to...less than ideal approaches. He doesn't care about making friends with his Pokemon, he just cares about winning. Nothing except winning. He's also a tad bit of a sore loser, and he never forgets a defeat. If you manage to best him in combat, you'd better prepare yourself for rematch after rematch. Repeated losses infuriate him further, and can make his reactions go from irritation to crazed outrage.

Basically, take Silver from (Heart)Gold/(Soul)Silver/Crystal and turn it up a few notches.

Klaus Negri was thinking. Thinking about what he was about to be presented; the ability to become a Pokemon Trainer. He'd wanted to do this for a long time, especially after he had watched Pokemon battles on the television situated in his room for pretty much that purpose. He had examined. Studied. Learned. And now, he was going to be able to demonstrate his abilities, at long last.

He was just about to walk out the door, holding the Xtransciever and the Trainer Card that he had gotten the day before, when his mother called for him. "Don't you think you should tidy yourself up a little?" she proposed.

Klaus sighed. "Mom, I'm fine," he said exasperatedly, not even bothering to look in her direction.

"But you're going to meet Professor Juniper! Shouldn't you at least give a good first impression?"

"First impressions are never worth much," Klaus said. "I'm leaving."

"Alright, but make sure that you've packed everything," Klaus's mom said.

"I get it."

"And don't do anything too dangerous."

"I get it."

"Oh, and call me every now and then, okay?"

"I get it, I get it, I get it!" Klaus shouted, turning to face his mother, who had a hurt expression. "You aren't going to able to hold my hand throughout this entire thing! I need to by my own person, not yours!"

With that, he slammed the door shut, taking a couple of deep breathes to make sure his rage wouldn't be too noticeable. Then, he made his way to Professor Juniper's lab.

Cole arrived at the door to Professor Juniper's lab and waited. A sign in the window proclaimed LEFT FOR BREAKFAST. BE BACK IN TEN MINUTES in large red letters, and Cole sighed. He should've known he would have to wait even longer.

As Cole looked down the street, he saw a person about his age headed for the lab. At least that meant he wouldn't be utterly alone while waiting for Juniper to arrive.

Klaus had reached Professor Juniper's lab, only to find the sign posted on the window. He let out a groan of frustration. "Seriously? If I had gotten here just a little bit sooner..." he said, trailing off. He did notice someone else, about his age, presumably another trainer, but paid him no heed. He sat on one of the nearby benches, anxious to have the professor return. He was tempted to try and sneak into the lab through one of the windows, but decided against it. That wouldn't be a good thing to do on his first day.

Ten minutes later...

Cole, who had been intently surveying the horizon, finally saw a female with a Minccinno headed for the lab. Sighing with relief, he turned to the person who had arrived at the lab about the same time he did.

"So, which starter are you planning on getting?" Cole asked. He didn't really care, but it was a way to spend the last few moments before Professor Juniper arrived at the lab.

Professor Juniper was returning to the lab, and Klaus was already fed up with waiting. He was not a patient person, much to the dismay of the people around him. He then answered the inquiry of the other person who was here. "Probably Snivy. Why do you want to know?" He didn't know this guy, but Klaus got the feeling that, whether or not he liked it, he would be seeing a lot of him.

"I was just trying to ease some tension," Cole said, rolling his eyes. "I'm hoping for an Oshawott, myself."

Just about then, Professor Juniper arrived at the lab.

"Hello, you two," she said. "You're here for your first Pokemon, right? Follow me."

Cole followed Juniper into the lab, where he found 3 Pokeballs and a stack of Pokedexes.

"The one on the right is Snivy, the one on the left is Tepig, and the one in the center is Oshawott."

Cole quickly took the center Pokeball, tossing it between his hands before sending out the Oshawott.

"I'll call you Miju," Cole said. He had heard that in a faraway land, beyond the five regions, people called these Pokemon by different names. Miju was short for Oshawott's name there.

"Be sure to take a Pokedex before you go," the Professor said, handing Cole a Pokedex. "And be sure to have fun on your journeys!"

Cole raced out of the lab, buzzing with excitement.

Klaus picked up the Poke Ball on the right, tossing it into the air, releasing the Snivy. The small Pokemon looked around for a bit, before settling his gaze on Klaus, who gave a curt nod.

"Make sure you grab a-" Juniper was about to say, handing a Pokedex to Klaus, but he snatched it right from her hands and wordlessly walked off, his newly acquired Snivy walking alongside him.

"I think I'll name you Orochi," Klaus said, and Snivy nodded, a grin showing that he rather liked the new name. Klaus saw that person with the Oshawott, and walked over to him. "How about we try out our new Pokemon? I think it would be a good idea before going out there," he proposed.

"Sure, why not?" Cole replied. "Miju, come on out!"

In a flash of red light, Miju appeared and looked around, confused.

"You go first," Cole said to his opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom