• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UPDATE! The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver PokéWalker Efficiency Project

Re: The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver PokéWalker Efficiency Project -- Real PokéScienc

Hello everyone!! I'm sorry I haven't replied recently, I'm approaching the end of my semester and have two massive projects of my own I've yet to complete!! We're still getting submissions to the project, though they've dwindled to a small fraction of what they once were. I believe it's safe to say that we can go ahead and conclude the data entry portion of this test.

Data submissions for this project will close May 9th, 2010.

We currently have 573 data submissions -- can we make it to 600? I encourage everyone to try and work a few more tests out to round out the data we've collected already! After we close submissions, we'll take some time culling through the data we've collected, cleaning it up for everyone, and forming results. After we successfully clean any and all personal data out of the results, we'll release them to the public so you can see for yourself exactly what took place.

This project is not dead! Science takes a long, time, however...so please bear with us as we approach this upcoming milestone! Again, I encourage everyone to submit more data up until the 9th -- we'll take all the data we can get!!

Last edited:
i tried putting it inbetween my toes, but it was a bit more comfortable baancingit on my foot then putting my sock on. Not sure if this worked or not.

EDIT: OH ****IN YEA IT WORKED GOT ME 94 WATTS IN 11 MINS OMG THATS GOOD 4 ME!

This is new 4 me: I checked my pokewalker when no pokes were on it, and it said: Pikachu Joined You

It was cool

Last edited:
Sorry for the slight delay!

Data submissions for this project are now closed.

We will begin reviewing and cleaning data today. Thank you for your patience and participation!!

Hey, PokewalkerProf, I know data submission is finished for your study, but I'd like to mention a conclusion I've reached: my two Pokéwalkers respond very well to small vibrations and gain steps very quickly from these vibrations.

I used to use a broken Xbox controller that did nothing but vibrate and it worked wonderfully, but it eventually died...

... so I switched to an oscillating fan. The oscillations of the fan actually had no effect on the Pokéwalkers, but when I turned off the oscillation feature, the Pokéwalkers began gaining steps from the small, rapid vibrations on the fan housing.

So, pretty much any machine that produces small, fast vibrations might get the same reactions in the Pokéwalkers.

Thanks for your good work, PokewalkerProf!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom