• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US PBR Strives for Racial Equality...

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Apparently, the US PBR will have the ability to edit skin pigments, allowing for black trainers unlike the Japanese version (Rosie is also black now, apparently).

I'm glad NOA took a proactive approach...but, does this mean it's incompatible with the Japanese version? (no worldwide battling?)

The Japanese will probably see us as white if the pigment support isn't built into their game, or when we connect to them, the US PBR will know not to send any of that information.

Skin options is a good feature. I'm surprised that wasn't in the original. But... was it really neccesary to change a character's skin color? :/ That's pretty lame.

Apparently, they also have a new way to get Magmortar and Electivire through the US PBR as well...wonder what other features we will get for once?!

Yeah, it is kind of lame that they changed people, but I'm happy they added the skin tone thing. It should have been in the original, if this was a game freak game the skin tones would probably carry over some how to the Japaneses one as if it was planned from the get go, but since it's not.. who knows! But I can't wait to find out!

Then again, Rosie (and the rest of the PBR Leaders) are just template changes of the ones available, and not really unique characters...so it ain't too big a deal.

if this was a game freak game the skin tones would probably carry over some how to the Japaneses one as if it was planned from the get go
I suppose that the fact that the Crystal female player was viewed as male in Gold and Silver, the FireRed/LeafGreen players were viewed as the Ruby/Sapphire ones in Ruby and Sapphire, and finally the Emerald characters were viewed as the Ruby/Sapphire ones in Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed and LeafGreen - stands as testament to the veracity of that statement?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom