• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

Are you guys forgetting about the strange souvenir? There's a chance that the trailer might say something about it after 4 years of being a mystery.
maybe new tapu forms ?

Are you guys forgetting about the strange souvenir?

I’m not forgetting it, I just don’t think it will do anything amazing. I expect it probably just has something to do with one of the 100 mini-events that are scattered throughout the game. Which is nice and all, but meh.

I'm still hoping for new megas, however I highly doubt it, judging on it's focus on UB's and Z-Moves rather than Megas

Never left my thoughts on Team Rocket appearing in the games but I'm wondering just how important their role would be. I'm hearing it's thought they're post-game only? Because as we're looking it it now, this game has 4 Organizations in it with Aether, Skull, Ultra Recon Squad and Team Rocket~ LMAO, that's gonna be quite the handful and they have already told us the game's double SuMo's length~

I'm still hyped for these games, but I'm kinda dissapointed in what we're seeing in the trailer is basically fighting Mewtwo in a reskinned background just like the Hoopa rings in ORAS. Was hoping we would fight the legendaries in their respective locations, even if it wasn't much. =/

Weird they'd bother posting this trailer when we got a big one coming Thursday. Seems like it'll get lost in the shuffle

I'm still hyped for these games, but I'm kinda dissapointed in what we're seeing in the trailer is basically fighting Mewtwo in a reskinned background just like the Hoopa rings in ORAS. Was hoping we would fight the legendaries in their respective locations, even if it wasn't much. =/
Dammit. I would have thought the Legendaries would at least have been within the existing Ultra Spaces. But instead, they;re just reusing the Hoopa portal things? At least those made sense at the time, but having random Legendaries just floating in Ultra Space kills my willing suspension of disbelief. The only one I could really understand for this is Mewtwo, and even I can only understand it as Mewtwo being curious about Ultra Space.

They didn't even try this time. :(

but having random Legendaries just floating in Ultra Space kills my willing suspension of disbelief.

If it helps at all, the idea that there are Legendaries floating around in extradimensional spaces has basically been canonical fact since 2012:

tornadus.jpg

I just assume that they’re random spillage from other universes. Unfortunate creatures that drifted a bit too close to the cracks and creases in the fabric of spacetime. We even have Prof. Burnet in the games now, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they threw in a reference somewhere.

Also, while I still wouldn't get my hopes up, the generic weird dimension background for Mewtwo doesn't confirm anything. Catching Lati@s in ORAS through the Eon Ticket event had a similar background, even though Southern Island was an actual place you could go to.

southernislandORAS.png

Also, while I still wouldn't get my hopes up, the generic weird dimension background for Mewtwo doesn't confirm anything. Catching Lati@s in ORAS through the Eon Ticket event had a similar background, even though Southern Island was an actual place you could go to.

Huh, I forgot about that. That’s really weird considering that not only was the Southern Island a place you could actually visit, as you say, but it used the more appropriate forest background when you fought there alongside Steven earlier in the game...

I guess this is nice, but...To be honest I'm kind of exhausted with Legendary Pokemon releases. Between XY, ORAS, Pokemon 20 Mythicals, a host of misc. distributions (like the Bank Regis, Mew, Celebi, etc.), and also the Virtual Console games, it feels like a bit much to be doing this wormhole encounters thing again.

Back
Top Bottom