• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia USM Ubers Mafia endgame (Town and Genesect victory)

I feel that you're being anti-town by being annoying.
What is "annoying"? The playstyle I am exhibiting here is not the least bit unusual where I come from. Why is my "annoyingness" anti-town?

Anti-town doesn't mean mafia. It means he's acting against the interests of the town.

I will state unequivocally that this thing you keep saying about people playing the game being "against town interests" is absolute hogwash. I understand that culture clash happens sometimes, but there's a limit to how much slack I am willing to give on that front. What is the problem with the approaches you have criticized from both and Sloonei and I?

Why is deeznuts bad? Why did you include yourself in a list of town reads?

Jay and dekunut are town.

You and Aussie are bad.
You asked who's town, I'm the towniest of them all. Checkmate.

Deeznuts is bad yo. Heard it here first.

What is "annoying"? The playstyle I am exhibiting here is not the least bit unusual where I come from. Why is my "annoyingness" anti-town?
I will state unequivocally that this thing you keep saying about people playing the game being "against town interests" is absolute hogwash. I understand that culture clash happens sometimes, but there's a limit to how much slack I am willing to give on that front. What is the problem with the approaches you have criticized from both and Sloonei and I?
There is a reason why the multi-quote feature exists. Other than spamming the thread, you are also causing multiple notifications, for something that could have been one post.

If you multi-posted because you had thought of something new, or had forgotten something, We wouldn't be having this conversation, and I wouldn't be voting Sloonei over it.

There is a reason why the multi-quote feature exists. Other than spamming the thread, you are also causing multiple notifications, for something that could have been one post.

If you multi-posted because you had thought of something new, or had forgotten something, We wouldn't be having this conversation, and I wouldn't be voting Sloonei over it.

There has been no spam. These posts are entirely relevant to the game. Notifications mean very little to me. Is there a reason I should care about that?

Indeed, many of my posts come in a stream -- I think of them in a moment of inspiration, and then I post them. I don't care at this point in the game to forcefully organize my content into pretty multi-quotes, and frankly I think that's a more mafia mindset than town mindset.

I ain't seen dis befo
Why, Why, Why, and Why?
Jay is town because it's Day 1 in a new place and he's being himself to the point of antagonizing strangers. He cares about the roof.
Deku is town because he stepped up to Jay rather than just slapping him with an "annoying" label.

Aussie is bad because they've just been slapping an "annoying" label on much of the game activity to this point. Being annoyed by noisy folk is acceptable. Disengaging immediately because of noisy folk is not.
nova is bad because his reads are stiff and weak so far. He's been Supernova in all the recent games I've played with him. This feels more like an underwhelmingnova, the least intriguing celestial spectacle.

Why?

Jay's style works. Do not lynch him for being annoying. That's like lynching a tiger for having stripes.
Because it makes it harder to read and us extremely overwhelming.

An active start to the game is infinitely preferable to an inactive start. The sooner we start shaking trees, the sooner the bad fruit will fall out of them.
I agree. But there's activity, and then there's overwhelming.

I have thoughts here re: Deku. I'd like for him/her to answer first.
What was the question again?

Since I know that I am [mostly] new around here and conscious of the fact that I can be annoying: I hope everyone can understand that my annoying behavior is the product of methods that I think are conducive to town wins. I am not being annoying for my own sake. Believe me or don't on that, but the last thing I desire as a visitor is to make the game less fun.

His point about you stirring up conversation being an attempt to sway conversation away from you when it actually did the opposite, then backtracking with "I'm not judging you". Also discrediting early reads and interactions when they're the foundation of any game. D1 reads being fallible is whack, all reads are fallible and in my recent experience D1 has been a slaughterhouse for scum if played correctly. It's a very awkward time for scum trying to enter the game and kickstart fake reads.

I appreciated Speed's intro and him pushing for it.

I was referring to this, @DekuNut.

RE: "spamming" and "making the thread more difficult to read", I think these points are silly. The volume of content does not change if I compile everything into a single "multi-quote" text wall. I am posting the same number of words regardless of how I stagger my activity.

Personally, I find it easier to read posts that come in individual-quote form. It's too easy to overlook one of many posts in a multi-quote post. It's less easy to overlook a unique point in its own post. This is an issue of cultural differences. I do not wish to annoy our resident bulbagardeners, nor do I wish to abandon my playstyle.

RE: "spamming" and "making the thread more difficult to read", I think these points are silly. The volume of content does not change if I compile everything into a single "multi-quote" text wall. I am posting the same number of words regardless of how I stagger my activity.
I think they're referring to the alert system after each new post as being the annoying factor. It ain't that bad tbh.

It doesn't matter how many words there are... What matters is that you are 1) Making your posts harder and more annoying to read and 2) More importantly, you are causing the notification system to go off repeatedly.

You are also making the thread harder to read for other people's posts too.

Activity is good. 6 or 7 posts that could be condensed into one post is not.

It doesn't matter how many words there are... What matters is that you are 1) Making your posts harder and more annoying to read and 2) More importantly, you are causing the notification system to go off repeatedly.

You are also making the thread harder to read for other people's posts too.

Activity is good. 6 or 7 posts that could be condensed into one post is not.
Are notifications that big of a nuisance?

I disagree that I'm making the thread harder to read. Activity makes it harder for scum to sneak by. Being called "annoying" means nothing to me at this point. We've established that that word is going to be thrown around. I disagree with it.

Who do you think is bad, Aussie?

Back
Top Bottom