• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM Datamine Discussion

Actually nevermind, i found the “what happens when the trainer dies with stuff in the PC” text and it basically is my headcanon, albeit much less complex :D

Yeah, it really is the most sensible option all things considered.

Also, the way they ended up doing the returning villain team leaders makes sense and basically dispells all of my concerns about the whole issue.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that there's no new Alolan Forms and that the gym feature sounds very simple. It kinda feels like a failed opportunity cause they could have brought back old gym leaders. Kinda surprised that Hau is now Champion, though I can't wait to hear his battle theme.

• Ultranecrozium Z is a Z-crystal that transforms Necrozma fused with Solgaleo or Lunala into a new form.
  • Ultra Necrozma is Psychic/Dragon type with a base stat total of 750.
  • The signature move associated with Ultra Necrozma comes with the following flavour text:
    "This attack inflicts Attack or Sp. Atk damage, whichever stat is higher for the user, Necrozma. This move ignores the target's Ability."

Naganedal is a.... wasp dragon? Okay, I didn’t see that coming. Liking it a bit more.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that there's no new Alolan Forms and that the gym feature sounds very simple. It kinda feels like a failed opportunity cause they could have brought back old gym leaders. Kinda surprised that Hau is now Champion, though I can't wait to hear his battle theme.
Oh actually, he isn't Champion. He simply takes Kukui's place at being the person to challenge you for the honor of Alola's first Champion. Like I predicted earlier :p

Was reading the text files.. Is there any reason why the contest descriptions are in there? :thinking:

• Ultranecrozium Z is a Z-crystal that transforms Necrozma fused with Solgaleo or Lunala into a new form.
  • Ultra Necrozma is Psychic/Dragon type with a base stat total of 750.
  • The signature move associated with Ultra Necrozma comes with the following flavour text:
    "This attack inflicts Attack or Sp. Atk damage, whichever stat is higher for the user, Necrozma. This move ignores the target's Ability."
Interesting. So that early leak which said something about Nercozma requiring Z crystals to change form wasn't completely wrong.

Also i saw an ability called "Neuroforce" which "increases the power of super effective moves"
Not sure who has it though..

ctrl+f “national” turns up nothing Dex-related in either the game or story text, if anyone was wondering

Oh actually, he isn't Champion. He simply takes Kukui's place at being the person to challenge you for the honor of Alola's first Champion. Like I predicted earlier :p

Whoops, thanks for the correction

Was reading the text files.. Is there any reason why the contest descriptions are in there? :thinking:

Probably just leftovers from ORAS

https://i.********/vp/1510122544293.png?__cf_waf_tk__=115655002FnLUvRwgdCI-9vQJ9kYcYGoZB2g

It looks more bug than dragon tbh
That has to be available early. Holy fuck what a design that is.

Z-Crystals and Totem Auras being a result of Necrozma is an expected twist in the plot..

Oh, so he just takes Kukui's role. Part of me is disappointed cause I genuinely loved the celebratory Championship battle with Kukui.

“We will use Cosmog and send formidable Pokémon Trainers through the Ultra Wormhole to battle and defeat Necrozma! That is why we had the scientist Colress create a device that will be able to restrain Necrozma!”

People who wanted Colress to have involvement with Aether or the URS can rejoice

EDIT: Hold the phone. Poipole. Poison + Tadpole, but also... “purple,” in Joisey

Bravo, you pun masters

So Lillie's a trainer like thought?

Sort of?

These text files are not easy to read through, just so people know, it's like reading a half scribbled outline of a writer to tired to care what it looks like and just wants to get his/ her ideas down. This is not made any easier by the fact that it looks like all the dialogue from sun/moon is also in these files for some reason and I'm having a hard time parsing what dialogue is from which game.

It seems though that Lillie is at least a trainer post game. But it really hard to tell for sure beyond that.

I maintain that Colress had nothing to do with creating the DNA Splicers. That much is canonical fact.

But apparently he does create the machines that fuse Necrozma with Solgaleo/Lunala. Apparently based on his prior experience with Pokémon fusion. So while he didn’t create the Splicers, the research came in handy...

No changes to the Elite Four, by the way. Still Hala, Olivia, Acerola, and Kahili Nvm I’m a dumb-dumb Molayne is E4 now

Lusamine seems to be a new title defense opponent. Guzma, too.

Last edited:
Wowsers... this is ALOT to take in personally lol.. so pardon me if I happen to be a bit slow with this. But I'll start with Necrozma first. I'm glad it's a dragon type (Even though both those types are used... alot..) but.. the design.. may take a while for me to get used to. It's ok, but I'll need to see it more in action though.. and since it needs the Z-crystal in order to transform (and fire off a nuke), it's interesting that it literally consumes Solgaleo/Lunala in order to achieve it's final form

Also, will we have to fight it on top of the tower or will it still have a role in the postgame?

Back
Top Bottom