• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Vic Mignogna as Satoshi?

songohan619

Reaction score
Could Vic Mignogna play Satoshi well?
I certainly think he could!

Last edited by a moderator:
His voice is too deep for him, similar to how Spike Spencer's voice was too deep for Shinji Ikari, IMO.

Last edited:
I really think it fits, and i made a video to prove it.
Sadly, i cannot show it here...

No, a deep manvoice for Satoshi sounds really horrible in my opinion.

Darn it!!!
I want to show you guys that it actually fits, but i cannot, since it is copyrighted...

I saw the video and I've also seen actual dubs (Swedish one iirc) that had a low voice for Ash, and I still heavily prefer a female voice for him.

Definitely prefer the voices he has now. He's supposed to sound like a 10 year old boy, not a 30 year old man.

I think a lot of people already said it. His voice wouldn't seem fitting for a ten year old.

No, I don't think Vic Mignogna would be a good casting choice for Ash. As others have said, it's hard to get a grown man to voice a young child due to the deepening of the voice that occurs during puberty, which is why the majority of boys in animation are voiced by women. He worked for say, Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist because Ed is 15/16 in the series, which is at the right age for his voice to have broken (and when Vic voices Ed in flashbacks when he's younger, it doesn't sound very good).

Besides, it physically won't happen. Vic mainly voices in the Texas area (Hence his large amount of FUNimation roles) while Pokémon is recorded by DuArt in New York. Vic only did the minor role he did in the Elgyem episode because he happened to be in New York at the time - he wouldn't be able to commit to voicing a main character (never mind a lead role).

Also on a more personal note, while Vic's voice can work for some roles, I personally think he's a pretty over-rated voice actor. He's best left to roles like Tamaki in Ouran High School Host Club and Spirit in Soul Eater.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom