• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Victreebel

Saironi

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
:lx071: :071:

I believe the term "Maneater Pokemon" fits this plant more, as I believe, as in the anime, Weepinbel attack the first human they see after evolving into Victreebel, just as "maneating plants" were said to attack the first thing they "saw" after growing.

Anyone wish to debate this?

Victreebel is a giant pitcher plant but it could barely fit a human in it's maw (I'm tall enough to stick out of the top). So I doubt Victreebel would eat adult humans.

Maybe not the entire body, but we have seen James from Team Rockets' Victreebel being able to get his head into its' mouth, and then Jessie with Victreebel2 from the anime.

This is an issue on wheather or not all Victreebel behave in such a way after evolving.

=__________=

I'm not referring to "comedy relief", I want to look into it more as a wildlife researcher.

Victreebel stands at 5'7" so a smaller person (like me) would fit in. However, like the venus flytrap, it probably subsists more on Bug Types than on humans.

So, in a sense, Victreebel might attack any smaller pokemon that gets to close and that it has an advantage against, correct?

It's theoretically possible.

That solves one problem. Now, on to a theory on why its' mout goes to the top of its' body and how the leafed vine stays where it is.

Any out there?

I think the whole James/Victreebel "comic relief" relationship totally destroyed any credibility Victreebel had as a serious battle pokemon. Actually, I think that goes for all of Team Rocket's pokemon...

Well, I have to think that it's James' fault for his grass pokemon smothering him all the time. I suspect it's his cologne or something that attracts them.

The leaf-vine thing on top would be a trap cover (I suppose) to keep out non-food debris from falling in.

Yes, I am certain that Victreebel will consider humans as part of its diet if sufficiently hungry. Note that apart from a 'squirtbottle' mentioned in "Type Casting" James of Team Rocket never intentionally provided his with nourishment. However, James now has a Cacnea, which HAS been seen eating.

Also, two other things- James is not "Vicky's" only target, for it has tried eating Meowth and Arbok. In addition, doesn't Victreebel's original pokedex
entry state "Said to Form huge Colonies deep in Jungles, although NOONE HAS RETURNED"

Take note that unlike a typical plant, it has big honkin' teeth too. I'm thinking it probably eats more like a crocodile than a pitcher plant: try to get its prey down in big, chunk bites, then slowly digest for weeks at a time. Compared to it's unevolved forms, it has more aggressive consumption type moves too, not just sweet scent and stuff, but actual swallow, stockpile and spit up.

The missing part of the puzzle :

Silver Dex Entry for Weepinbell :

If its prey is bigger than its mouth, it slices up the
victim with sharp leaves, then eats every morsel.

THAT, my friends, is what the Razor Leaf attack is all about.

It's not much of a leap to assume Victreebell can do the same, including on humans. Especially with the RB dex entry Rossachu already quoted.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom