• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Quotes

"We are the masters of a power driven to the far reaches of the universe, and we have but one desire! Can one such as you possibly fathom how dearly we have clung to this dream across the aeons? How could you! You couldn’t! Never ever ever! We who once faced those who were in such fear of our power that they sealed us away and banished us to the edge of the galaxy! US! As if THAT loveliness wasn’t enough, they tried to erase our very existence from history! RUDE! Only through our magic were we able to overcome their science and achieve great prosperity! We alone were responsible for stopping that repulsive nightmare of a galactic crisis, yet this is how you repay us! This won’t stand! It won’t be forgiven! It won’t be forgotten! Never ever EVER! Those who called us mad, are you listening? You left us at the edge of the galaxy to be forgotten, then went along your merry way, probably living somewhere pretty and peaceful! But know this! Your future is a farce! You have none! We, masters of a matter most dark, vow to be restored, as foretold in the book of legend, which everyone thought was just a fairy tale! It WASN’T! We have already obtained the vessel that contains our Dark Lord, and he will soon awaken and shower us in compassion! Look! The vessel of our Dark Lord is filling up even as we speak! Now the time for his greatness to enter our world has come! Welcome to a new history! A new age! The age of awesome! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARK LORD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”"
- Hyness Kirby Star Allies

Warning: massive spoilers for both judgement and lost judgement in this quote dump

From judgement:
I know what you're thinking. AD-9 will save countless people... Meaning there's no way you're not doing the right thing. Well I'm sorry to break it to you, Shono... But that's just not true. You know, when someone thinks they're in the right... That's when the real cruelty in people starts to come out. So what do you say, Shono? Are you really right?
-yagami

Yagami: How many people has your "miracle" killed?
Shono: People... People? But it'll save millions! Maybe tens of millions across the world!
Yagami: That's why you thought it was okay to murder an innocent woman? Huh? Is that why you stabbed her to death and burned the evidence?! Okubo-kun took the fall for all of it... You sent a good man to die!
-very climatic exchange

“The reason I took up science... The reason I developed this drug... is because God chose this fate for me.”
-shono being an egocentric

From lost judgement:
"And from that point of view, everything you do feels justified. It's why... That's why you're able to look past the sacrifice... and the damage you cause. That won't work. She can't say her peace without a voice. So if I don't raise mine for her, what justice prevails!?"
-yagami

"Next time you open your eyes, you'll be alone, without the darkness to protect you. Bando will abandon you too. To hell with necessary evils! You'll rot in a cell for the rest of your disgraced life!"
-yagami again

You know what I wanted to be as a kid? I was so innocent, I wanted to be a teacher. And after Mitsuru-kun's tragedy, I felt practically obligated. And still… I just let history repeat itself!"
-sawa

I'm facing the reality of bullying head-on. The rest of the world is content to turn a blind eye to the problem. Our whole society… they make a show of it when a kid commits suicide, but nothing changes about the reasons why. And every time, some bully with tears in his eyes always has the exact same line: "I had no idea they would ever kill themselves." (…) They had no idea how their cruelty affects the person on the receiving end. You know why? Because they've never suffered. They don't know what it means to feel unsafe. I take care of that. I show them how much they've taken their safety for granted. Their actions need to have consequences. Even if they don't realize until it's too late."
-kuwana

Against all the evil Hell can conjure
Against all the wickedness mankind can produce
We will send onto them only you
Rip and tear until it is done

King Novik DOOM 2016 and DOOM Eternal.

In Sonic Advance, you could talk to your chao and sometimes it would something like "My young, carefree days are gone." I don't know why, but when I was young that always gave me a sort of bittersweet feeling, like it was going to be me in the future and I should cherish my free time while it still lasts. And well, it was kind of right :p

‘Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do those people... think of you... as a friend?

You... What makes you... happy? I wonder... What makes you happy... Does it make... others happy, too?

The right thing... What is it? I wonder... If you do the right thing... Does it really make... everybody... happy?

Your true face... What kind of... face is it?
I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?’

- Moon Children from Majora’s Mask. Last one still sticks with me. Something about it makes it hit the hardest imo.

I named Epona "the car" in my current Twilight Princess playthrough, and it makes it look like Ilia gave me a car beeper thing.
IMG_20220307_213017.jpg

"What is this? Is this french? I can’t
fucking
read French!" - Vicar Max, the Outer Worlds

I love the characters in the game, but the Vicar is just something else.

«The shards from the Orb of Dominance still wreak havoc on the Overworld. These jagged mountain peaks are no exception. Howling storms scour the path to the summit, and unless the shard is destroyed, these winds will become the storm that blows out the last flicker of hope for this world.»

In-game voiceover intro for Windswept Peaks - Minecraft Dungeons: Howling Peaks.

From Katawa Shoujo. Not directly from the game itself; it’s actually a message from its creators. But I feel that it’s emblematic enough of the game and its philosophy that it qualifies as a quote in spirit anyway. Edited slightly for content:

…The girls happen to have disabilities, but the more you get to know them, the more you come to realise that they are girls just like any other. They are humans with hopes and dreams, and messy, f*cked up insecurities about being alive and happy. They are not strange people - they are regular ordinary human beings who feel the way they feel not because they are disabled, but because they are ordinary. They are the universal allegory for humanity; the archetypal human; the mess you become when you feel sad and alone and unworthy. They are the girl next door, the prom queen, the bookworm, the tomboy, and all the baggage that comes with that - nothing more or less.

They resonate with you because you recognise your flaws and needs and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know them and are them, and in some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy.

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.

"Oh son of a -- Somebody shot me!" Ash Williams (Army of Darkness) from Evil Dead The Game

Just one of the many funny voice lines in that game.

Back
Top Bottom