• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Wall Mafia-Night One-8/28-8/29/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wall Mafia-Day One-8/26-8/28/13

Votes were already tied anyway, with Booster's vote on me.

Here's my logic behind my vote:

-No lynching will get us nowhere and won't get any discussion started.
-While putting pressure on someone may start a heated discussion it could also result in a bandwagon and a lynching of someone perhaps who is town, which would not help us out.
-Zima was arbitrary as was the other two votes and it didn't change the situation with everyone tied but it did get a discussion started. So, mission accomplished, eh?

Day 1 lynches are mostly the result of a gamble. It's pretty risky, and lynches are better thsn no lynches, yes, but only when there has been plenty of discussion.

Day 1 lynches are mostly the result of a gamble. It's pretty risky, and lynches are better thsn no lynches, yes, but only when there has been plenty of discussion.
This would definitely be a phase to not lynch in. ._. Almost no one has spoken.

-While putting pressure on someone may start a heated discussion it could also result in a bandwagon and a lynching of someone perhaps who is town, which would not help us out.
Like I mentioned, Day one lynches are mostly gambles if there's little to no discussion. If we are lynching someone, we're more likely hopping on bandwagons than having a solid reason for the lynch. It's difficult to tell who's scummy and who's not with only a few posts - so it's likely we probably won't have much of a solid reason.
@Zima; I guess that pretty much means we'll no lynch as of now. But we still need more discussion. I probably mentioned this somewhere else, but even if we no lynch this day, talking throughout the night will provide us information from a nightkill that will otherwise give us nothing.

So here are 4 possibilities
1. If we have plenty of discussion and someone active dies during the night, we gain information from the posts and people the victim has interacted with
2. If we have plenty of discussion and someone inactive dies during the night, unless it's the cop or doctor, the loss is minimized (while every role staying alive is important, it is important to contribute to the thread to figure out how to use the roles effectively)
3. If we don't have discussion but someone active dies during the night, at least we can figure out that the mafia is targeting people who are trying to form discussions and are trying to prevent potential allies from forming
4. If we don't have discussion but someone inactive dies during the night... we can hardly blame anyone for no information acquired.

I know that we don't have much to talk during Day one - but everything starts trivial and small. A joke vote/host vote can contribute to the thread by having people post their thoughts on what they think a day one vote should be like. Maybe we might not find anyone who is scummy immediately, but there's potential 'buddying' here and there if we take a closer look. It's likely someone is going to 'buddy' with another person who wrote a similar opinion with theirs. We can therefore, guess they might potentially exchange private messages and/or start an alliance.

Forms of buddying could be
1. Two mafia buddying. This is really risky since if one of them gets caught later on, the other is likely to get lynched almost immediately afterwards.
2. A mafia buddying with town and vice versa. Probably happens a lot, and this is actually a good strategy for the mafia to put suspicion on town.
3. Town buddying with town. Unlikely to trust each other at first but once there's a cop check or any way to confirm each other's alignment, this is more likely to grow into a powerful town alliance (inb4 mafia spy, though)

Of course, this is all wifom, but still part of any guesswork.

And I probably didn't make any sense.

But I felt the need to say something, so I just said my speculations on potential events that might happen.

@Dark Kyriaki; Those are some good points actually. My thoughts are that, especially in a game of this size, we can't waste a day phase. The problem is that with the votes tied, everyone feels nice and secure (especially the mafia, since there's no chance of one of them getting hit when there's a No Lynch), so we need to untie them in order to fire up the discussion.

SO Unvote: Dark Kyriaki
Vote: Zima

Gonna have to take a chance with this, those are great points. Hope this is right!

@Autumnbreeze; Do you have any other thoughts so far? My intent is more to kickstart discussion than start a bandwagon.

@Autumnbreeze; the reasons that where stated were not in any way incriminating Zima. The sole reason that Zima got more votes than others was to add pressure on a certain user to start a discussion not to get a bandwagon. We are clueless as to whether or not Zima is mafia or not so rather than simply bandwagoning it would be much better if you were to give your own reasons.

1) @HumanDawn;
2) @Dark Kyriaki;
3) @Pein;
4) @FinalArcadia;
5) @Mijzelffan;
6) @Booster Gold;
7) @Zima;
8) @Nytie;
9) @Soulmaster;
10) @acs1903;
11) @Autumnbreeze;

The Walls discussed who could have killed their fellow citizen. Fake accusations flew until one wall decided to say "You know what you couldn't have done it so maybe it was them," they said walling to a wall that was already accused. "Let's go with it," accused a third wall. Two questioned the third wall that decided to help them, actions, yet did nothing to stop them or the rest as they smashed the wall to pieces. It was then that the wall they had thought dead came back in the form of a ghost wall and told them that they got the wrong one. However the ghost wall could not tell them who had killed it. The walls depressed went home for the night deciding it was the safest bet till morning.

Dear Zima,

You are Castle Wall:
Spis_castle_wall_and_tower_02.JPG

You were created long ago to protect the Kings and Queens of countries and lands. You were made of bricks and meant to withstand attacks from enemies. Current days you have crumbled from your former glory however people enjoy to see you and study you.

Because you are a wall and thus can't actually do much except block you can block one person per night by sending me the PM saying Block: Player

You are aligned with the Dark Walls and win when all threats are eliminated.

Zima was lynched. She was aligned with the Town

It is now Night 1. This phase will end tomorrow. Send in your night actions.

Last edited:
I hope my death provides you all with information. With that, I'll take my leave.

I wish you luck, town!

Thank you for letting me play, Ari. <3

@Autumnbreeze; @Nytie; @acs1903;

You could've voted anyone. Why Zima? Why not someone else? Yes it was a gamble and the bandwagon was probably inevitable, but is there any reason the votes needed to be on Zima?

Before I changed my vote, there was on vote each on me, you, and Zima. People weren't adding onto the votes for you, and I wasn't going to vote for myself, so I switched to Zima so there would be some pressure to fuel discussion. Unfortunately, nobody discussed, Zima got lynched, and we have exactly as much info as we did before. Which is none, save for the fact that Zima was a roleblocker.

When I voted for Zima, there were no votes on the floor for Zima and it was not supposed to change anything. I purposefully voted for Zima as to perhaps incite a discussion while not actually changing anything in the votes.

Anyways, I thought we went over this and @Dark Kyriaki gave his own response on the issue. I still do believe though that @Autumnbreeze should care to explain her vote as her original post seemed insufficient.

Okay then.

Vote: Dark Kyriaki

Let's discuss.

Started the discussion by voting me. Fairly good choice.

Vote: Nytie

I agree.

Starting with another random vote.

Nope, no reason other than that you were the last to post before me. Everyone's walking on eggshells on Day 1 because they don't want to draw attention to themselves, so someone had to start something.

Good point, as I had asked Nytie right away. Voting someone random first means being prepared to get questioned for a reason that doesn't really exist.

Vote: Zima just to keep votes equal until the discussion heats up.

There were only two votes up till then - one on me and one on Nytie. Voting Zima to keep the votes equal wasn't necessary, since the votes were already tied... which Booster Gold later pointed out.

Here's my logic behind my vote:

-No lynching will get us nowhere and won't get any discussion started.
-Zima was arbitrary as was the other two votes and it didn't change the situation with everyone tied but it did get a discussion started. So, mission accomplished, eh?

It did get a discussion started, but still, your vote on Zima was unnecessary. While it did manage to get a discussion started, it sort of faded halfway.

@Dark Kyriaki; Those are some good points actually. My thoughts are that, especially in a game of this size, we can't waste a day phase. The problem is that with the votes tied, everyone feels nice and secure (especially the mafia, since there's no chance of one of them getting hit when there's a No Lynch), so we need to untie them in order to fire up the discussion.

SO Unvote: Dark Kyriaki

Vote change. Out of the three votes, (DK, Nytie, and Zima), Nytie's original vote being on DK, the only other option would be on Zima.

Gonna have to take a chance with this, those are great points. Hope this is right!

Appears relatively late in the phase and votes Zima. First day bandwagon.

@Autumnbreeze; Do you have any other thoughts so far? My intent is more to kickstart discussion than start a bandwagon.

There wasn't much discussion to start from the beginning. And while questioning Autumnbreeze who probably voted for the sake of hopping on the bandwagon (in other words, pretty much without reason) was good, there were other people to take note of as well.

@Autumnbreeze; the reasons that where stated were not in any way incriminating Zima. The sole reason that Zima got more votes than others was to add pressure on a certain user to start a discussion not to get a bandwagon. We are clueless as to whether or not Zima is mafia or not so rather than simply bandwagoning it would be much better if you were to give your own reasons.

Admittedly, how can one defend themselves when they are voted without much reason is questionable. Votes should be done with a reason first so that the voted person can shout "OBJECTION!" (Or in these days, "YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!")

Welp. That backfired. ._.

"OMG the [INSERT ROLE]'s dead" post.

@Autumnbreeze; @Nytie; @acs1903;

You could've voted anyone. Why Zima? Why not someone else? Yes it was a gamble and the bandwagon was probably inevitable, but is there any reason the votes needed to be on Zima?

Before I changed my vote, there was on vote each on me, you, and Zima. a) People weren't adding onto the votes for you, and I wasn't going to vote for myself, so I switched to Zima b) so there would be some pressure to fuel discussion. Unfortunately, nobody discussed, Zima got lynched, and we have exactly as much info as we did before. Which is none, save for the fact that c) Zima was a roleblocker.

a) Because simply, there was nobody else voting between acs' initial vote on Zima and your vote change that people weren't voting me.
b) Pressure works with reason. Simply voting someone without reason and expecting them to defend themselves wouldn't result in anything much.
c) The rules state all forms of claiming are allowed, so maybe Zima could've claimed? However, Zima was a roleblocker, and if she claimed, it would've only resulted in more votes on her since roleblockers appeared more as mafia than town (at least in the games I've participated)

When I voted for Zima, there were no votes on the floor for Zima and it was not supposed to change anything. I purposefully voted for Zima as to perhaps incite a discussion while not actually changing anything in the votes.

Anyways, I thought we went over this and @Dark Kyriaki gave his own response on the issue. I still do believe though that @Autumnbreeze should care to explain her vote as her original post seemed insufficient.

Still, you could've voted ANYONE, yet you chose to vote Zima. I don't know if you just chose her out of random, but still, your vote on Zima resulted getting her lynched.

And we certainly do need more people in this thread here ;_;

EDIT: forgot to spoiler

@Harpy;

I'm sorry but I need to sub out. I've been too distracted recently and I need to focus on some personal things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom