• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Way to reduce the number of legendaries in B/W

AddersAds

Reaction score
First, I know this will never happen, because I doubt GameFreak reads this. But anyway, I thought of what I think is a pretty good way to keep the number of legendaries introduced in Gen 5 to a minimum.

First, instead of creating an all new legendary trio, I say B/W should use a duo from an old game. In this case, I think it should be Darkrai and Cresselia. Add a third legendary Pokemon that relates to dreams and the moon, and make it a Fighting Type. That way, it'd create a Psychic/Fighting/Dark triangle, and also give us our first Fighting type legendary. Make this trio the legendary trio for B/W, instead of creating three new Pokemon.

Also, I think Heatran should be stripped of its legendary status. B/W should explain that Heatran is close to extinct in Sinnoh, and it's why people in Sinnoh consider it a legendary Pokemon. In B/W's region, Heatran should be rare, but not legendary rare. Fifth gen should introduce a pre-evo or two to Heatran and turn it into a Pseudo-legendary instead of a full out Legendary Pokemon. Also, somehow explain how Heatran can suddenly breed. I donno how they'd do that.

That's just a few ideas I had. Stripping Heatran of its legendary status, and then adding a third to the Cresslia/Darkrai duo to make it the trio of B/W wouldn't raise the number of legendaries at all. Of course, they'd add some more, like the tiny legendary, the event legendary, etc. etc., but at least it'd prevent them from making three more legendaries than they need.

I'm sure someone will come in here and tell me how broken and bad these ideas are, but oh well. Thoughts, opinions?

Heatran should have never been legendary.

And i think they should create a new trio and maybe 3 more legendaries.

You make it sound like some sort of crisis.

How does one reduce the number of legendaries? By not making so many.

Ohhh don't even get me started on Heatran. If anyone could explain the actual point of it to me I would ... well i would appreciate that.

No damage done, but it's a shame they didn't save Darkrai and Cresselia for Black/White, there's so much potential in those two.

Or here's an idea...make the box mascots final form starters, then only have a trio, a main legendary, and an event legendary.

DPPt was OVERFLOWING with legendary pokemon.
Dialga, Palkia, Giratine, Arceus, Shaymin, Cresselia, Darkrai, Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Heatran, Regigigas.

Seriously, I agree. Heatran being a legedary was idiotic. It's appearance in the Arceus movie was barely more than a cameo. It definately shoulda been a psuedo-legendary, and it would have served the role well.

Or here's an idea...make the box mascots final form starters, then only have a trio, a main legendary, and an event legendary.

But that'd be boring.

About the Heatran thing, I know! I migrated a master ball for that thing!

That's because it was gereration ONE. This will be FIVE. And it'll be boring because they did that with gen I.

This makes them harder to find, more time to focus on the backstory of each legend, etc.

Less is better. These are legends.

In the words of that guy who wrote that one song...

"Now legendary means nothing to me
Because one of a kind creatures
add up to over thirty"

Boring? That was generation one and no one had an issue with that.

Not back then, but then again it was the first gen, it would be boring now, you can't really compare them like this.
You would think that they had a reason to make Lugia and Ho-Oh mascots instead of Feraligtr and Typloshon (Meganium don't look badass enough to be a mascot).
Also gen 1 had only one superlegendary, and they didn't really focus at it a lot, if at all.
Gen 2 had 2 superlegends, and they became version mascots because they're cooler. Also it differ from the originals.
Gen 3 and 4s entire storyline is about the legends.

And little kiddos want superpowerfull and cool mascots. Compare the enormous power of Dialga and Kyogre to Venusar and Blastoise.

Starters would be boring to the audience of today.

They can't really use Cresselia and Darkrai, since the former is a normal legendary and the latter is an event legendary. They haven't, to this date, downgraded an event legendary to be available in-game without special means, and if they don't do that in BW either, the duo(/trio) would not be balanced.

But I agree, we don't need as many legendaries as they gave us in Gen IV. If the number goes beyond ten, I'd say it's too much.

E: I want to get this clear to me once for all: which way do "former" and "latter" go? :D Clarified :)

Last edited:
Not back then, but then again it was the first gen, it would be boring now, you can't really compare them like this.
You would think that they had a reason to make Lugia and Ho-Oh mascots instead of Feraligtr and Typloshon (Meganium don't look badass enough to be a mascot).
Also gen 1 had only one superlegendary, and they didn't really focus at it a lot, if at all.
Gen 2 had 2 superlegends, and they became version mascots because they're cooler. Also it differ from the originals.
Gen 3 and 4s entire storyline is about the legends.

And little kiddos want superpowerfull and cool mascots. Compare the enormous power of Dialga and Kyogre to Venusar and Blastoise.

Starters would be boring to the audience of today.

Stop by here and do some reading

That's because it was gereration ONE. This will be FIVE. And it'll be boring because they did that with gen I.

Well, we've went back to colours this generation...to be honest, I'd like as few legendaries as possible so we can focus on a solid story involving them.

Manaphy also needs to be stripped. I'm debating that maybe the Regie Trio minus Gigas should also get a strip.

Before we get more legends, we need to KILL SOME OFF

The Heatran hate in this thread is depressing. I liked it. :'( It had a part in the Charon/Stark Mountain plot in Pt.

I have to disagree. I liked how Sinnoh had an overload of legendaries. It gave more variety. IMO, Kanto had too few of legendaries.

And I'd rather have to legendary box mascots than the final form of two starters.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom