• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Weekly Bug-Catching Contest Report

I AM SO F***ING MAD.

I KO'D A SHINY BUTTERFREE.

Kill... me... *shoots*

Sorry about that I really wish you caught it. Although, the green eyes on the Shiny Butterfree are a bit odd looking. In the case that I came across a shiny Pokemon in the Bug-Catching contest I would just suggest continually throwing Sport Balls at it until it was caught.

Tuesday, May 4th, 2010
Trainer Hibiki: Beedrill Lv. 30 (1st place - 353 points)

Today I Started off the Bug-Catching Contest today with a Beedrill but swapped it for a better Pokemon later on. An Ace Trainer came in third place with a Paras totaling to 232 points. Coming in second place was a Bug Catcher who caught a Scyther giving him a total of 301 points.

For winning I received the Fire Stone, which I may use on Growlithe once I receive one.

Last edited:
Shiny Weedle, level 10 before the National Dex. Captured at full health and won me third place which is a Sitrus Berry.

Shiny Weedle, level 10 before the National Dex. Captured at full health and won me third place which is a Sitrus Berry.
Congrats. For catching a shiny within those precious 20 minutes they should have given you a guaranteed first place... guess they don't know the value of shinies.

Congrats. For catching a shiny within those precious 20 minutes they should have given you a guaranteed first place... guess they don't know the value of shinies.

It does seem odd that shininess isn't taken into account. I was quite lucky that I had a load of Sport Balls left otherwise the shiny might have gone to waste.

May 4 lv.25 pinsir for 360 points adamant nature!!! I caught and right after the battle the time was up so I got super lucky cause I had been wanting a pinsir for wifi and I checked the iv and it had freaking 31 in speed and attack all the other where around 25-28 freaking awesome

Lv.14 Butterfree. I didn't get a number of points bcause I wasn't in third, second, or first place. I did get a Shed Shell, though. Need that for Forretress.

On my soul silver yesterday, level 14 scyther - 363 points. Oddly, after the national dex I've never come above 355 in terms of points. I'm thinking that 363 might be the max as i've achieved that a few times.

Today (6th May) I caught a level 15 Paras that scored me 319 points which is second place. This is Pre-National Dex. I recieved an Everstone as a prize.

I won with a full-HP Scyther with ~370 points, and received a leaf stone.

Congratulations on the Shiny Weedle Iteru! That is quite the find. ;)

As Sephiroth said, they really need to find a way to account the shinyness factor into the points as if you catch one during the contest you really should get first place, or at least place regardless of the Pokemon caught.

Thursday, May 6th, 2010
Trainer Hibiki: Volbeat Lv. 34 (1st place - 307 points)

Third Place - Bug Catcher that caught a Nincada giving him a total of 278 points.
Second Place - Another Bug Catcher who caught a Pinsir totaling to 288 points.

I started out by catching a Volbeat and couldn't come across anything better to catch so just decided to keep it. I did come across a few Scyther but none were of interest and were a bit low leveled. For getting first place in the Bug-Catching Contest I received the Dawn Stone! I would have rather gotten a Thunderstone though, but maybe next time. =D

Sat 8th May, 2010
Caught an Illumise, since I didn't have it yet. I actually found a Scyther before that and caught it too, but since Illumise was what I was looking for, I released the Scyther. I got second place (315 points) and was a bit disappointed.

Started and ended with an Illumise today, I did come across a Scyther and Pinsir though.

Saturday, May 8th, 2010
Trainer Hibiki: Illumise Lv. 36 (1st place - 326 points)

Coming in third place was an Ace Trainer who caught a Venonat giving her a score of 286 points. For second place it was a Bug Catcher catching a Pinsir totaling to 303 points. I received the first place prize of a Fire Stone, which I don't think I am going to really need.

Tuesday, May 11th, 2010
Pinsir lv.25
1st place - something like 315 points or something

got a Thunderstone :D and a Pinsir named "BOOORIS!"

Caught a Butterfree last night (Tuesday, May 11), but it got beaten by a Weedle. A freakin' Weedle.

I tried a different method today which was to throw a Sport Ball at any Pokemon that looked half decent. I started off with a Butterfree today, but traded it later on as I progressed.

Tuesday, May 11th, 2010
Trainer Hibiki: Venonat Lv. 31 (1st place - 331 points)

Coming in third place with 318 points was a Pinsir. Placing in second was a Kakuna with a score of 327 points. For getting first place, I received a Thunderstone which will probably be used on one of the spare Pikachu that I have sitting in my Box to get the Raichu Pokedex entry.

i so wanted to win today and as soon as i went in i caught a nice lv 35 kakuna i knew it was a winner!
but then a SHINY venonat shows up and of course i had to release kakuna so i lost bu i got my third shiny!!!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom