• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What anime/manga would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be small and kiddy, but I absolutely adore Legendz. Short, only 4 volumes, but good for a first manga.

It may be small and kiddy, but I absolutely adore Legendz. Short, only 4 volumes, but good for a first manga.

Oh, forgot about Legendz. 1,000 internets to you, that manga was the shit.

Favorite Anime:Ah! My Goddess,Ai yori Aoshi,Astro Boy (1980),Azumanga Daioh,Bleach,Claymore,Dragon Ball Z,Elfen Lied,Gunslinger Girl,Inuyasha,Maburaho,Negima!,Neon Genesis Evangelion,Noir,Pokemon,Project A-ko,Ranma ½,Rebuild of Evangelion: 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE,Robotech,Sailor Moon,School Rumble,Shakugan no Shana,Shuffle!,Slayers,Starblazers,The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,Trinity Blood,Voltron

@Haruka444 ^Try some of mine some of them are old but you can't count out the legends up in the list :)

I'd Recommend Kenshin, Dragon Ball (The whole Manga, and entire Anime series too), Durarara, Hetalia, Kodomo no Jikan

All of those and their subsequent Anime. :V

Manga- This Ugly yet Beautiful World- Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai(Ive read bits and pieces here and there, and I like it so far)

And possibly the anime for that show

EDIT- This Ugly yet Beautiful World anime is my favortie, just be careful if your under 17....It has a good amount of Cussing and Brief Nudity, not sex, just Naked Girls....if your under 17 try to watch it when no ones home if you got parents who care about what you watch

Last edited:
Right, if you like the idea of laughing, then watch an anime called Seto no Hanayome. It may be a mermaid romance thing, but it isn't serious in the slightest. It is the funniest anime I've ever seen with no contest. It has a great cast of characters, has a decent length of 26 episodes and 2 OVA's. It does take an episode or two to really grow on you but once it does, it never lets go! I've already written the first chapter of a fanfiction for it and I've seen every episode. My highest recommendation :D

P.S. If you like dubs then this isn't for you as the Dub's DVD isn't out until July, you can only watch subs.

I've already seen most of my recommendations mentioned already, so besides Fullmetal Alchemist (Both original and Brotherhood), Ouran High School Host Club, Death Note, and Wolf's Rain, I'd say:

Air (aka Air Tv): Every episode made me either cry or tear up. All thirteen of them.

Tsukasa: Reservoir Chronicals: fun stuff, good action and emotion.

XXX Holic: Hilarious paranormal anime, main character is lovably awkward.

Ghost Stories: Pure, cracky paranormal goodness. Don't watch if easily offended by lighthearted jokes about super-religious people and political parties.

Romeo x Juliet: Very cute, takes the base idea, twists it up into many interesting ideas, then runs with it. As a bonus, Juliet is much much less whiney than in the original story.

In addition to what I said before, I definitely recommend Love Hina and Negima! Magister Negi Magi... just the manga though, on both counts. Love Hina, in particular, is a simple yet very inspiring story, though it does have a fairly high amount of ecchi content. I haven't seen either of Negima!'s anime, so I can't really tell you much about that, and the Love Hina anime is absolute trash compared to the manga. Don't even bother with that.

If movies are your thing, then you simply must see Grave of the Fireflies. That film is a freaking masterpiece.

I would HIGHLY recommend Gurren Lagann (Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann in Japanese) and Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Reborn! in english) (Manga over anime), which are two that no one has mentioned I believe.

Gurren Lagann can only be summed up using the word epic, and I am confident in saying that it is the greatest anime I have ever watched.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn starts out with a lot of corny humor, but takes a major genre shift around the eight volume. Where it just becomes plain awesome.

Toradora. It's as close to life as an anime/manga could EVER get. VERY good story.

Oh geez... this is why I have a list...

*Not in any certain order*
Black Cat
Rave
Shaman King
Soul Eater
Fairy Tail
Erementar Gerad (Elemental Gelade)
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
xxxHolic
Full Metal Alchemist
Death Note
Liar Game
Darker than Black (Anime only)

If you're looking to get your mind blown: Death Note
If you're looking for a good laugh: Love Hina
or a good love story: Love Hina
If you're looking for an interesting weekly series to look forward to every friday: BAKUMAN
If you're looking for a good monthly series: Fullmetal Alchemist
If you're looking for some good old school shounen: Hokuto no Ken
If you're looking for a story with a nice edge to it: Monster

If you're looking to get your mind blown: Death Note
If you're looking for a good laugh: Love Hina
or a good love story: Love Hina
If you're looking for an interesting weekly series to look forward to every friday: BAKUMAN
If you're looking for a good monthly series: Fullmetal Alchemist
If you're looking for some good old school shounen: Hokuto no Ken
If you're looking for a story with a nice edge to it: Monster
How great, all of those are my favorites!

But never heard of this Monster one. What's it about?

How great, all of those are my favorites!

But never heard of this Monster one. What's it about?

Its about a surgeon in Germany, who is working for a hospital that is corrupt, he decides to break orders in order to save a kid, instead of a mayor,

and it turns out the kid becomes a serial killer, who is psycho as BALLZ

best animation: Karas
depressing yet good: Bokurano (sadly, i never read the manga)
funny: Lucky Star
randomness (which is funny to me): Bobobo-bo bo-bobo (9001 internets to anyone who can find non-dub episodes of the anime (with english subtitles) past episode four)
awesomeness: Karas

(a warning about Karas: it's plot is extremely confusing due to the fact that it was only six episodes (it wasn't canceled, the whole anime was literally only six episodes long))

Last edited:
I recommend:
Full Metal Alchemist
Naruto (read only)
Bleach
Shaman King
and Inuyasha.

Yes, I see Soul Eater was mentioned, good, very good. For reading I'd also recommend the manga, and another series called Immortal Rain. It's pretty heavy on both comedy and serious moments, and is pretty good about smacking you in the face with something fairly funny when in a serious or emotional moment.

As I've seen, Death Note was recommended, good... it's the best anime/manga ever! It's so interesting and the main character thinks about EVRYTHING! And the detective too, and he is quite peculiar... whcih is why we love him xD
And... I'm starting Lain, it's pretty good, it's quite old, and the plot is confusing at the begginning for some people, but... it's good.

And for shojo lovers, then K-ON! is really good, it's only 13 or 14chapters long, (but there's going to be a second season). It's about music and stuff... and it's quite funny XD

And for shojo lovers, then K-ON! is really good, it's only 13 or 14chapters long, (but there's going to be a second season). It's about music and stuff... and it's quite funny XD

I'm going to assume you mean "episodes." The Manga is much longer than that.

Anyways, I won't bother repeating a lot of the stuff that I've seen here, but one manga that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Franken Fran. It's kind of like a commedy/horror/medical/sci-fi mash-up, that's truly just awesome. I honestly can't wait until an anime is made for this series. Fair warning though, it doesn't shy away from gore, so if you're especially squeamish, you may want to pass on this particular title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom