• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: What book are you in the middle of right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to finish final half of Call of the Wild, by Jack London, for English

I'm reading May Bird (I dunno what it's called... May Bird something)

I just finished The Crowfield Curse

I'm in the midst of the Catcher in the Rye and I dunno why everyone hates it so much. The protagonist makes some pretty amusing observations and the book is decently paced and hardly dated at all. Everyone at my school shares his beautifully poetic vocabulary too!

Princess Daisy, by Judith Krantz. It's pretty good. <3

Finished up Guild Wars: Edge of Destiny by J. Robert King and started on Suicide Kings, the latest Wild Cards novel (not too far in, so I'm trying to remember all of the characters at this point in the series and the connections they had to each other).

Just finished the book "Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway", the book was really fantastic!
So i'll continue with "For Whom the Bell Tolls - E. Hemingway"

This is the first time i read this kind of genre, does anyone has any recommendations of any similiar books?

Smack bang in the center of Eclipse now, by Stephenie Meyer and its really good, the best so far actually (IMHO).

I know haters complain a lot about the lack of actual plot in the books but I don't really think that's a problem, to be fair. In fact, I think its incredible that Smeyer can go through so many pages (simply world-building) and still retain the reader's attention. There aren't many other sagas I know of these days that can do that.

<3 <3 <3 Also, alice/bella & sethwardshipping is pure gold <3 <3 <3

EDIT:

I'm currently reading Eclipse, which is the thrid novel in the Twilight saga. Yeah, I wouldn't ever guessed that there would be a day, when I really enjoy and like Twilight... but it's addictive.

I know. I used to only read it on the bus - during dead time - then I started doing it whenever I was bored and now I read it instead of doing other things. Pretty soon I'll probably end up forsaking BMGf for it XD

Last edited:
Well it's not a book, but I'm reading a short story called Flight Patterns by Sherman Alexie for english class. I'm really enjoying it so far.

The Last Coyote, by Michael Connelly
Red Dragon, by Thomas Harris

I'm currently reading Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. I'm liking it so far despite only being a couple chapters in.

Last edited:
Currently, I'm reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It's the second book in the Hunger Games series and while I've only read one page so far, I hope it doesn't disappoint me like the first book did.

Star Wars Coruscant Nights 2: Street of Shadows by Micheal Reaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom