• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: What book are you in the middle of right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The What Are You Reading Thread

Hi everyone. So I'm a big bookworm! I love reading, fiction and non-fiction alike. I'm a big sci-fi person so I tend to always go off on tangents about my favorite titles. Anyone here avid readers? I actually have very little time to sit down and read books, so I've take up to subscribing to and buying Audio Books. Anyone else listen to their novels?

Let's have a general topic about reading, our favorite books, what we're currently reading, and hey, maybe we can trade some goodreads.com memberships!

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/21891213-steve-fowlkes

I'm currently reading the novelization of the movie Pacific Rim. You know...big mecha, fighting big monsters... A good summer read!
Pacific Rim: The Official Movie Novelization Audiobook | Alex Irvine | Audible.com

As an aside for those who do a lot of driving, or working out, or dog walking..or anything repetitive that doesn't require much thought, audiobooks, work out great! They allow you to listen and read books still, while your doing other things. I go to the gym and have my daily commute all while listening to my audiobooks. Plus depending on the narrator, you can get some truely well read, almost movie like production audio....

Last edited:
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah for school. Very enlightening so far.

The Green Mile by Stephen King... though I've been putting it off in favor of fanfics.

Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth

I'm currently rereading my copy of the Arabian Nights. It's a great book with lots of interesting stories. One of them is the real story of Aladdin. (The original Aladdin is so different from the Disney film, you wouldn't even think it was the same story.)

"Rogue" by Lyn Miller-Lachmann. It's a book written by an autistic author about an autistic girl. I thought I'd like it as everyone else I knew really did...but it didn't sit well with me. I don't know why. I liked Kiara and her flawed, multidimensional character, but everything else about it just really put me off.

Lord of the World by Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson

An extremely chilling work about the battle between materialism and theology in our modern world, made all the more visionary by the fact that it was written over a hundred years ago.

I'm currently rereading my copy of the Arabian Nights. It's a great book with lots of interesting stories. One of them is the real story of Aladdin. (The original Aladdin is so different from the Disney film, you wouldn't even think it was the same story.)

Hmm good idea! I've always had an interest in reading the Arabian Nights, but forgot about it. I may add it to my Audible wish list!

For myself I just started the book "Incarnations" by Susan Barker. I'm hoping it'll be something like Cloud Atlas...

Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
First time reading it without the pressure of school to muck up my enjoyment. :V

Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott

Don't Know Much About the American Presidents by Kenneth C. Davis.

I actually know quite a bit, but Davis is a good writer and I've actually learned some stuff I didn't know. Plus he gives reviews of every President, which are fun to read :D

The Dorito Effect by Mark Schatzker. One of the books we have to read in English class.

A few, actually.
Yes Please by Amy Poehler
A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (which is a major disappointment compared to Gone Girl)

Persuasion by Jane Austen, and a few other classic novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom