• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Did two things this morning. First, I "wrote" a new deck for Django. Really, it was mostly just copying the most recent version, pasting it in a new document, and then adding/subtracting certain cards from it. But it was a decent amount of work all things considering, as I also had to look up the various cards I was adding since there had been several new additions that would work with the cards he uses since I last updated it. Most notable additions are the Skilled Magician series, several new Kuriboh monsters, and a handful of Spells/Traps that correspond with them and other notable monsters in his deck (such as the famous Dark Magician).

Secondly, wrote another Duel Script. This time it's between Django and Surge Force (the female lead Tempest's jerk older brother). In terms of how many turns it consists of it's actually probably the shortest Duel in the series, with only 2 turns. However, a lot happens in those 2 turns, namely during Django's turn where he debuts several new monsters like the aforementioned Skilled Magician monsters. So while it's only a 2 turn Duel it has a fair bit of content in it. That's enough for this early in the morning.

Forgive the double post (although it's been nearly a day since the last one) but I got another Duel Script done. This time it's between Surge Force and Rodger Dodger (a minor antagonist alongside Vanessa Ruby). It's only 4 turns long but it shows that Surge has improved, as he schools Roger (no surprise, given how the dimwit duo tends to rely on the same strategy all the time, thus they're easy to predict). It's effectively a Duel between Machine monsters, as Surge runs a A-to-Z deck while Roger's signature monster is CXyz Skypalace Babylon, thus he tries to get it on the field as quickly as possible. That's enough for this early in the morning.

I just can't feel satisfied for the first chapter of my new Pokémon adventure fanfiction. I have tried three different ways to write the first chapter, but in the end it was just not it.

I want to feel the adventure vibe from the start. But I also want to take my character from his boring routine of his daily life first, and then have him go on an adventure. But the start always feels too calm for the vibe I am seeking. This world is full of dangers when you are on an adventure. It is not like how you go on a journey in the games/anime.

Maybe I should start with the action right off the bat, and then give other details as my protagonist escapes from the giant Pokémon that is attacking him, mainly questioning why he left his safe and calm life behind, but then he remembers all the wrong things about it and then finds the courage to overcome this partially random incident.

I had written above 1,000 words in total but I deleted almost all of them. Let's give it another go, I guess...
It is half past 2 am, but tonight was better than that day. I have written about 1650 words, and I found a balance between the "boring routine life" and the "adventurous vibe that I want to give off right away".

I started with my protagonist's depressing thoughts while having dinner with his family. Then he overhears the TV announcing some mysterious incidents going on in Viridian Forest, where a research team interoperating with the police forces has not been heard from in the past 3 days, so everyone is worried. He decides to go there and explore the mystery. But he does not say anything to his family. He prepares his bag, leaves a note saying he will be back safely in a few days, and runs off leaving Pallet Town behind. But once he reaches the entrance, he sees a police officer taking care of his Golbat, which was seriously hurt in the forest with all the bruises and scars. Tokyo, although not expecting it at all, feels scared and does not enter the forest. Instead, he runs back home crying. He is now forced to go to school to study the subjects that he despises the most.

Having him go for danger would not really feel as dangerous as I want to make it to be, and having such "brave" and "fearless" protagonist feels so generic, and I would be glad to leave some room for personal progress, so that was for the best for what I have in my mind, I believe.

This is halfway through the chapter. I have some ideas on how to proceed, but I will work on them tomorrow.

Meant to mention this earlier but my favorite show was on tonight so I focused on that instead. Wrote another Duel Script for Psychic Duelist Django. It features Cody Lionheart (the "Joey" of the series) facing off against Roger (again). This one was less one-sided compared to Surge VS Roger due to Surge's use of Beatdown tactics (makes sense, since he is something of a bully to Tempest, thus values power over everything else) over Cody's more Cherry Tapping/high-risk, high reward ones. Still, it had the same result: Roger lost, this time with Cody debuting more Hermos Fusion forms (specifically: Time Magic Hammer). I also started another Duel Script, this time for Tempest (effectively the "Tea/Akiza" of the series) against Cho Wu (the "Vivian" of the series), but I only got the very start of it (meaning only the start of Turn 1), so that'll be my project for tomorrow morning.

Wrote another Duel Script for Psychic Duelist Django. Like I mentioned last night it features Tempest VS Cho. And it's an utter curb-stomp from the resident Mistress of Winds. Tempest uses the Windwitch archetype this time around, which she added into her deck at the start of Season 5, allowing her easy access to Clear Wing Synchro Dragon and shortly afterward Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon. Cho's Amazoness monsters didn't stand a chance. It's also decently short, only 4 turns long, but that was more than enough for Tempest to blow the Chinese Duel Monsters Champion out of the water.

I haven't written in a few days, but the last time I did I added a little over 200 words to chapter 9 of Understanding an Inferno; I'm 3,125 words in so far, and I think it'll end up somewhere between 5-6k. the problem, of course, is actually finding the motivation to write, in addition to not getting distracted by frivolous bullshit. it'll get there soon enough, I guess.

Wrote another Duel Script for Psychic Duelist Django. This time Cody VS Zweite Shard, who is one of the seven Psykinox Lords, and his love interest. He's had a Duel with her in the past, winning both her allegiance to Django's cause and her affections. But now Cody wields Hermos so she wanted to check it out and confirm Sinderella's and Whambelina's information (she is their mentor, after all), as it would be a huge morale boost to the Psykinoxes who are staging a silent rebellion against Lucifer. Plus it gives her an excuse to see Cody. Cody wins but only just barely, especially since he had to sacrifice 2000 Life Points to summon Legendary Knight Hermos, along with another Fusion form of his, but it further impresses Zweite and allows her to confirm the Tasker twins' information.

I ended up deleting two of the previously made Duel Scripts between Django and Astral, revised the first one in that set a bit, then completely rewrote one of the two I deleted. Just as well, too, as I wasn't too satisfied with the two of them. Made the Duel feel more dynamic and gave it some more interesting ideas and twists.

More editing passing of the next Prema chapter and part of its counterpart.

deeplshippingthemtoohardtoosoon.png

Funny bit. I use DeepL's writing tool as part of the process along with a couple others. This one helps a lot with sentence structure, but watch for it oversimplifying things sometimes, changing style, hating special quotes/ellipsis/dashes, or doing weird stuff like this. Shipping them too much too soon.

For the first time in a while I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Fracturing Foes"). It's short, as it's pretty basic, but it helped get some of the rust off me because of my carpal tunnel.

Anyway, the party is heading toward their next Undead Base. This one is led by Captain Shortrib, a low ranked member of Muu's army, thus the group feels this'll be a fairly easy win. They also know that this Undead Base has some Stone Gaias acting as security, although they learn when they get there that it also has some Red and Blue Skulls. Nevertheless Nova blasts the front doors open with Dragon Strike, and the battle begins. The party is able to easily take out the monsters and Undead Soldiers, while Nova faces off against Shortrib, who is also an archer. Nova uses the Missile Strike combo skill to overcome Shortrib, destroying him, with Van dealing the final blow by crushing his skill. They raid the base of anything worthwhile before destroying it. With another one of Muu's bases destroyed the party moves on. The next chapter, "Maid to Sing", features Nina's talent as a singer put to work, and what Nova will do to ensure she gets a fair chance.

Forgive the double post but I had enough inspiration (and energy) left to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Maid to Sing").

Anyway, the party has made it to the next town. They learn that a singing contest is being held here, as it's this village's annual event. Nova suggest that Nina should enter, as she has a golden singing voice, citing the time it saved the life of a Ningyo Clan queen. Nina agrees and they go to check out where to register. However, they run into a snag: the sponsor, Cruella Glammora, wants to bar Nina from the contest for selfish reason. Nova sees through her and is able to get under her skin enough to create a contract with her to ensure Nina gets a fair chance. However, what he doesn't tell her is that the contract is made from Demon magic from the Demon King Ring, thus whoever signs it needs to fulfill their end of the deal lest they get punished severely. On Nova's side of the deal he's forced to wear another maid outfit, to his restrained humiliation, and act as a servant to Cruella for the day to ensure that Nina gets a fair shot. He keeps his end of the deal and thus fulfills the contract on his end. Cruella, predictably, tries to cheat her way out, only for the demon contract to start affecting her, which is when Nova reveals the true nature of it. If she fails to comply to her end of the deal the thing she prides herself the most in: her youthful beauty, which she works hard to maintain, will wither away, revealing her true, innermost self. As a result she is forced to comply, but swears vengeance against Nova and Nina for being tricked to signing a demon contract. Nina is able to enter and she ultimately wins. But as she's being presented the trophy Cruella storms onto the stage and smashes it out of spite. However, she jumped the gun, as the contract was still in effect, as it would expire when the contest officially ended, not when a winner was decided, and thus it activated, transforming her into a decrepit monkey skeleton. Karma continues to deal damage as Nova reveals the truth behind her actions, prompting the village to turn on her. As further punishment, Cruella's own trophy from the same event in the past is confiscated, the name plaque removed and replaced with the one from Nina's, and given to the Phoenix Clan woman instead. The icing on the cake is that Cruella's staff predicted this outcome, took her trophy ahead of time, and presented it to Nina, followed by saying they quit, as Cruella is a nasty mistress to serve, thus they want no part of her anymore, forcing her to run away in shame. Nina thanks Nova for what he was willing to do for her sake, saying she likes the idea of using her singing as a career choice when she returns to Earth with him. The next chapter, "The Fires of Love", features some spiciness between the resident archer and magician woman.

I decided I could add a little bit more to this most recent section of my fic, so I wrote 1027 words for it this evening, this time officially finishing it up. Thankfully, I also have some ideas for the next part, so as Iong as I have the energy I should be able to continue writing it this week.

Meant to mention this earlier but I had to take care of some things when I was done. Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("The Fires of Love").

The party is making their way to the village of Rock Wall by traveling through a mountain path. There is an Undead Base a few days away from it so they want to get ready take it down. However, a mysterious entity is lurking nearby. The party is forced to cross a wooden bridge in order to get to Rock Wall. However, when Nova attempts to cross a rockslide starts, breaking the bridge. Nova's Hoverboots keep him from falling to his death and Nina attempts to help him. However, she gets knocked out by a fair-sized boulder, forcing Nova to rescue her and ends up getting separated from the group, telling them to meet them at the next village, which the party complies. Nova and the unconscious Nina are forced to take shelter in a shallow cave from a vicious rainstorm, with Nova using Stalagmite to close the entrance up for protection. Nina eventually awakens and learns what happened from Nova. Nina decides to take their relationship to the next level, and after a night of passion, lust, and love, both of their V-cards have been stamped. They awaken a few hours later and bask in their love for each other, knowing there's no turning back now, before they fall back asleep. The next chapter, "Familiar Business", features the aftermath of this chapter's events.

Back
Top Bottom