• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Dominic's Dazzling Disastrous Plan").

The hero group has made it to their next destination, which is a small city, and make use of what they've collected to earn a nice profit so they can use the money to buy more supplies. Sir Reginald and Kettu engage in a back-and-forth banter, much to Nova's and Nina's amusement. Afterward they enter a restaurant... only to bump into Dominic again, who is, once again, taking credit for their exploits. And just like last time it doesn't take much for the townsfolk to turn on him when Nova's group shows proof that Dominic is lying (which Nova lampshades). Kettu also displays his Werebeast form, thoroughly pounding Dominic to a pulp before the townsfolk kick the wannabe warrior out. Fuming at getting exposed again Dominic learns that there is an aggressive Tin Hawk, a massive, metal bird monster, in a nearby forest and plans to use it to regain the city's favor and one-up Nova's group. Predictably, it fails spectacularly and he gets beaten up even more before Nova's group steps up to the plate. After bit of a fight Nova possibly discovers the Tin Hawk's weak point in a similar vein to the Gargathox, but considering the damage the Tin Hawk had taken due to the battle he's not 100% sure if it is the guaranteed weak point or it was just the final bit of damage that killed the Tin Hawk, suggesting they test it again on another, healthier one when they get a chance. Kettu then discovers that the Tin Hawk had been hit with Berserk Powder, a type of powder that enrages monsters and causes them to go berserk, and finds some more on Dominic's person, thus exposing him as the one who provoked the Tin Hawk into attacking the city. The townsfolk beat Dominic up, tie him up, put him in a cart, and roll it down a steep hill into a nearby forest in hopes of getting rid of him, although Nova is skeptical. The heroes are rewarded for their efforts and are given a free night at the inn as thanks. The next chapter, "A Horse By Any Other Name", will feature the debut of the next main cast member.

83 words today in Uncoloured. Forgot I had a monthly thing to take care of, and then also had some other thing to take care of. Have a thing to kinda take care of tomorrow, but should still be able to write. Oh right, I did have a Legends: Arceus plot bunny pop up while playing and have had some scene ideas for it. Been taking some notes for it, but I need to actually finish finish the game to get more notes before I really do anything else with it.

A couple words of a spontaneous crack crossover idea yesterday, and then my Kirby and the Forgotten Land brainrot flared up and now I have some oneshot ideas for an upcoming quote prompt challenge…now to actually write them haha.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("A Horse By Any Other Name"). Like normally for me I started it yesterday but after all the running around I did burned me out before I could get too much done so I finished it this morning.

The heroes are making their way through a peaceful, beautiful valley. However, they soon discover a Centaur being attacked by Undead Soldiers. They help kill them Undead Soldiers and saved the Centaur, although Nova's bow is destroyed in the struggle. Nina then shows off what how Magic Fire Feathers work by healing the Centaur. The Centaur, named Van Junko, thanks them and explains he was ambushed by those Undead Soldiers while gathering herbs and plants. Kettu theorizes that those Undead Soldiers were scouts looking for new places to set up Undead Bases and that Van was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. That said, however, Van is actually glad for it, as due to his race's code of honor, they can now take up arms against Muu, finally giving them the needed excuse to fight back. He takes them back to his village where they meet his pregnant wife, Serena, and his father, Gallant, who is the chief of the tribe. He informs them of what Nova's group has done and that Muu's army "threw down the power gauntlet", much to the other Centaurs' excitement, as they are a warrior race. Nova is also introduced to a new familiar: a Storm Hawk belonging to Chief Gallant, and learns from Nina that him obtaining his Gorgon Viper as a familiar will actually play an even bigger role than realized: she's the mortal enemy to Muu's familiar, a Zombie Drake, thus giving the team another advantage over Muu. This is because Muu might need to mobilize his familiar if his options start running out, thus having Elora will provide them with the means to fight back against such a powerful foe. Sir Reginald and Kettu go with Chief Gallant to start mapping out plans and help the Centaurs with the information they have while Nova, Nina, and Van go get the former a new bow. Nova is equipped with a Redwood Longbow but to his surprise the Centaurs don't want money, as they don't follow that practice, but Nova feels obligated to at least exchange something in return so he trades a Tin Hawk feather for it, as they can be crafted into high-quality swords and spears. The Centaurs throw a party in celebration for being able to go to war with Muu when Van requests to join the party both because they saved him and because they need a healer, which is his magic specialty. Sir Reginald agrees and Van promises his wife he'll return safely so they can raise their family together. The next chapter, "Curse This Curse", will feature a very bad day for Nova.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Curse This Curse"). It's something of a filler chapter but it reminds us that Nova isn't exactly liked by the universe.

It's the following night after the party left the Centaur Clan's village. Nova's making dinner for the party while everyone slowly bonds with Van. Nova is bitten by a black fly but doesn't make much of it. However, not long after he's plagued with various forms of abuse, ranging from a mud eel biting him, to getting monster porcupine quills in the butt, to a sign falling on him, and more. Nova feels it's the universe turning him into a butt-monkey again though Van is doubtful. Nina's worried he might be cursed so they take him to a local medic. Turns out the fly that bit Nova passed on the curse marker virus to him, which is basically a virus that inflicts curses. It's easy to cure, fortunately, and the medic does just that. While Van tries to convince Nova that he's not the universe's plaything he realizes there might be some truth to it after Nova gets some more abuse immediately after being cured from his curse. The next chapter, "Dominic's Disastrous Plan of Revenge", features exactly what the title states.

My sister and I joke that we share one brain cell and sometimes she uses it and sometimes I use it. Well, she must have been hogging it for over a week because I kept getting little tiny concepts that would fizzle out after seconds. Like I couldn't even pick a writing prompt to work on. Then yesterday (I forgot to post this then) I finally get an idea, so I write it down, and then the inspiration for it immediately leaves. Honestly, I'm pretty sure someone could spoon-feed me the greatest idea ever, something I totally up my alleyway, and I still won't be able to write it.

I did it! I put words on paper! Oh my gosh that feels amazing! It was 2am and my brain was like "Here's an idea, work with it." so I took it and managed to write the possible first half of a Pokemon Legends Arceus-themed one-shot. I'm a little unsure about it. It has a little too much exposition, so I might rewrite it in fewer words, but I'm just glad I was actually able to write something.

Nothing actually part of a fanfic on here but I've been making good progress on some fake SCP articles for Sentinels of the Multiverse characters.

Finished another Sentinels SCP article. I'd link it but I'm not sure about the rules regarding cross-site promoting.
Can I take the likes on these comments to mean that I have found some other Sentinels fans or are they just likes because people like liking my posts for some reason.

Very minor editing stuff, but one certain edit has caused a fairly massive shift. While making some edits that my proofreader recommended I decided to push back the next chapter to a later date ("Dominic's Disastrous Plan of Revenge") as I felt we were getting a few too many Dominic chapters lately. Plus we just had one two chapters ago and I'm starting to run out of schemes for him to perform (at least ones that aren't fully planned out), so I want to give it some space until I can cook up more plots for him to get involved in. Instead, I've moved up Zeeker's introduction to the next chapter, now titled "He Who Laughs Loudest is Lost" (he is a Hyena-type Beastman, after all, and part of his character is being a stepford smiler due to his past). This way we can space out the intake of Dominic and start getting the main cast completed, as after Zeeker there is only one main character left: Angelo Bubblehop. While it did take until Season 2 for Celtic's party to be completed in Chaos Rising, Season 1 was only 21 chapters and Zuzu joined early in Season 2, and I'd rather not repeat that and try to get Angelo into the cast before I reach 30 chapters (as Dawn of Courage is already at Chapter 20). So the next chapter of Dawn of Courage will be Zeeker's debut instead of another Dominic scheme. Just thought I'd give you that update in my plans.

About a page and a half of a Kirby and the Forgotten Land oneshot a few days ago, and nothing since. Hope I can bring myself to finish it today…

Can I take the likes on these comments to mean that I have found some other Sentinels fans or are they just likes because people like liking my posts for some reason.
It’s usually the latter case, but who knows? Maybe there are some other Sentinels fans here. I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom