• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of the Fire type?

Reaction score
What do you think about the type of burning passion?

Fire is my favourite Type! I love how fire Pokemon are hard to train, and if they trust us, they're willing to use that firepower to make us the best trainer of the region!

Fire is the starter type that I've chosen the least (Cyndaquil is the only one), but that's not out of dislike. I've found it to be powerful and useful.

A great type with wonderful designs and very useful offensively. My teams almost always have a Fire-type on them. Honestly, I'm not too fond of the concept of fire itself and think it's kind of generic, but the designs are just so good. It has some of the prettiest mammalian Pokemon on it. (Vulpix/Ninetales, Braixen, Arcanine, Reshiram) Or some really cool odd ones like Volcarona or Chandelure. And the warm color schemes definitely help, as red is my favorite color.

I like Grass best so it triggers me. I went a few generations without using one XD

A type that needs more representation
Besides the starters there are not many good fire types you can get early in any game. Most of them are either late game or have drawback

The Fire types have some standout Shiny models. Oricorio Fire shiny just looks amazing and makes its dance style stand out even more than its normal color.

It's my favorite type in the entire game, too! A bunch of my favorites fall under this type.

Downsides to this type are their weaknesses to some very common moves and they can be pretty frail. The defensive ones are incredibly slow and using them as tanks is more trouble than it's worth. They also tend to have limited movepools which I don't care for. The bipedal ones like Charizard can have access to Thunderpunch which is really useful. Quadrupeds sometimes can get Thunder Fang, but I find that move inferior with it's lowered accuracy and power.

Plus sides, almost all of them are just so cool looking and their offensive power is excellent! Love this type!

My absolute FAVORITE Type in the World of Pokemon, as well as my first Pokemon Chimchar. Nothing could replace it, I didn't go by FireBlader15 for nearly three years just for nothing.

Most of my favorite Pokemon and Legendaries are Fire-Types, nothing could replace them.
I usually start most Generations out with the Fire-Type if I Like them all, and or I can't pick a starter.

It's up there in my favorite types, third to be exact. I just like most of the fire Pokemon designs (there are few exceptions of course) especially for Litleo and Pyroar as well as Oricorio Baile style, and my favorite fire starter line being Fennekin's and recently Litten's.

The fire type isn't one of my favorites, but I still like it a lot. Most of my favorite fire types are ones that I like because they have a cool secondary typing too.

What do you think about the type of burning passion?

Fire is my favourite Type! I love how fire Pokemon are hard to train, and if they trust us, they're willing to use that firepower to make us the best trainer of the region!

Reading what you wrote reminded me of the Pokemon Johto episode where the group meets Macy ... it was a fun scene.

I do like fire types a bunch. To be honest, I don't normally choose fire starters... but I do end up liking fire pokemon in general. One of my fav pokemon is Growlithe. They are useful and one can never go wrong with flamethrower. :)

It used to be my favorite type before dark and poison won out over it. Now it's tied with Fairy for second place. :p

I always choose the fire started my first time in a generation. However I prefer Treecko over torchic and I don't really care for any of the gen 5 starters so I just go with Tepig because eh.

While I do like the type itself, I have to admit I've never been a fan of fully evolved Fire-type starter Pokemon, excluding Charizard and Typhlosion. There's something about their designs that just irks me. However, I like many other Fire Pokemon, such as Arcanine, Ninetales, Moltres, Ho-oh, Reshiram, Talonflame, Chandelure, and Alolan Marowak.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom