• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does the future hold for Dawn now that DP is winding down?

What does the future hold for Dawn?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The writers decided to stretch Sinnoh out to avoid returning to Johto,
You can't seriously believe that. If anything, they wanted to avoid another Battle Frontier saga because there is little reason for Ash to spend so much time on a quest he has already conquered in another region.

Need I remind you that Platinum is a year older than HGSS, giving the writers a lot a lot more time to incorporate that game's features, which they have not done? It is beyond me how you can think that there was a better chance of a Battle Zone saga than a Johto one.

You can't seriously believe that. If anything, they wanted to avoid another Battle Frontier saga because there is little reason for Ash to spend so much time on a quest he has already conquered in another region.

I agree with you overall. I just think the writers realize if there are remakes every gen, having Ash re-visit every old region would be repetitive. If R/S remakes come next, I sure don't expect him to go back to Hoenn either. Re-visiting Kanto made sense as it was the start of the franchise and Ash's home region.

I do think there might still be a slight possibility of the Sinnoh BF getting in some quick eps at the end of DP, but it depends how much time is left. I gather though the rest of the Brains might be ignored, and only Palmer will re-appear for a rematch. I also gather the only reason Palmer appeared in the first place is because he's Barry's father.

In any case, I knew from the getgo with how long and stretched out Sinnoh was that it felt like the writers didn't want to make another filler arc. I even explained clearly why the group probably wouldn't go back to Johto, but people still denied it until the Gen V stuff was truly confirmed. Since Gen V has been confirmed for a 2010 release, its pretty obvious now we're heading straight there unless Ash himself is wrapped up as a main character.

I wonder if they're really going to have Dawn just sit there and watch all of Ash's league and possible E4 battles. They treated her as a co-star for so long, but now towards the end of Sinnoh after the GF ends, she's likely to be left on the sidelines for the rest of it. I suppose she and Ash may have one final battle together like he and May did though.

I even explained clearly why the group probably wouldn't go back to Johto, but people still denied it until the Gen V stuff was truly confirmed.
I don't want to debate this, but you never said they wouldn't return to Johto because there wouldn't be enough time left until the next generation. Even though you asserted the League would be delayed for as long as possible, you still thought there would be time left for the Battle Zone.

Well sure enough. To be honest I've wanted the entire cast to be retired after DP ends, even though I know it probably won't happen.

DP was really setting up for Ash finally becoming close to a champion, Ho-oh could have been wrapped up in Movie 13, and TR could have been dissolved. It feels like it's too late for most of that to happen now though.

There most likely will be some major cast change in the 5th gen if Ash stays, keeping the same group dynamics for 200-400 episodes is ridiculous, which is why I suspect the 5th gen's cast might bring more new things to the table.

Well sure enough. To be honest I've wanted the entire cast to be retired after DP ends, even though I know it probably won't happen.

DP was really setting up for Ash finally becoming close to a champion, Ho-oh could have been wrapped up in Movie 13, and TR could have been dissolved. It feels like it's too late for most of that to happen now though.

There most likely will be some major cast change in the 5th gen if Ash stays, keeping the same group dynamics for 200-400 episodes is ridiculous, which is why I suspect the 5th gen's cast might bring more new things to the table.

Following you theory, they could have Ash become Champion, keep Dawn and pair her up with gen V's main male character... and have Ash come back for cameos during Gen V and possibly movies. Changing group dynamics could also mean replacing Brock...

Seriously, we can debate this all we want and make up theories but the thing is, it's just speculation. The fact is, for the first time, they've made the female character into a co-star, an equal to Ash... they've taken more deliberate steps to make Piplup an equal to Pikachu... and Dawn and Ash's storyline have intertwined with each other on more than one occasions, actually impacting one other... It wouldn't make all that much sense to just up and replace Dawn for the sake of replacing her... DP has proven time and time again that they're thinking outside the box and breaking patterns...

I still miss a female trainer with the group im not saying have misty come back and there are many valid points as to why the female main has been doing contests, the most popular being to gather a larger fan base of girly girl females.

But hey im a girl and i was hooked on pokemon as soon as i saw the episode with ash's charmander and helping that paras.

I think it would be fun to have someone who did the pokeathelons personally i just tried them on my SS today and dang they are addicting....

Well my point is basically this i dont want girly girl characters to be comletly abolished but, I would prefer that Dawn leaves and we get more of a tom boy for this gen...then next gen we can have another contest gal

The only way we'll get a tomboy is if they make a group of 4 and give us 2 girls - the female star will always be a girly girl Coordinator, I can't see any reason to doubt this
Also, I think the Pokéathlon episode proved it's one of the most boring and ridiculous things the anime can do... maybe it's fan in the games, but if the anime will continue to handle it like that one episode then no thanks...

The only way we'll get a tomboy is if they make a group of 4 and give us 2 girls - the female star will always be a girly girl Coordinator, I can't see any reason to doubt this
Also, I think the Pokéathlon episode proved it's one of the most boring and ridiculous things the anime can do... maybe it's fan in the games, but if the anime will continue to handle it like that one episode then no thanks...

I admit i never saw the episode that pokeathlon was in the anime i assume it hasnt reached the states or at least not my on demand menu :p

Im just saying i would like a tom boy, these threads are all for opinion and thats mine im not looking for an argument pip which (no offense) but you always seem to get into when its something concerning dawn,pip, and/or change.

I just prefer tom boys and i admit i am quite a tom boy, i really liked the race thing in the first season or second i dont remember, where ash rode a ponyta, i think pokemon rodeo on top of contest may be fun, maybe just a mixed interest girl. Sometimes girly girl but isn't afraid to get down and dirty. maybe even has some big tough pokemon to ride or something.

It's not like I hate tomboys or something, even the opposite of that - I like Misty and other tomboy characters
The thing is, I can't see a logical reason for them to replace a girly girl (which is seen by them as a tool to appeal more to girls, since most of the young girls ARE girly and like girly things) with a tomboy girl (which would seem to be less appealing to these young girls)
I doubt a girly girl doing Contests will ever disappear from the show... so if a tomboy is going to join the group, I can only see it happen as a second girl in addition to the girly one

It's not like I hate tomboys or something, even the opposite of that - I like Misty and other tomboy characters
The thing is, I can't see a logical reason for them to replace a girly girl (which is seen by them as a tool to appeal more to girls, since most of the young girls ARE girly and like girly things) with a tomboy girl (which would seem to be less appealing to these young girls)
I doubt a girly girl doing Contests will ever disappear from the show... so if a tomboy is going to join the group, I can only see it happen as a second girl in addition to the girly one

I never said that you were against tom boys and never thought you were against them

I still believe that a girl who was a healthy mix of girly and more tom boyish would be a nice change after two female leads doing only contests (which im sure you could argue but ive seen enough on previous pages...)

What ive seen is just that they were pretty much focused on plushy pokemon doing dazzling displays it gets a little boring, as does ash's pikchu constantly being restarted to a low level, at least gyms for me seem to change whereas the contest vibe doesnt really....

i may be a little bitter about contests though cause i just dont like jessie being a co-ordinater... some contests are interesting but i can only take so many (and please dont try to use the point of "well they are very spaced out" i dont care and i am not an idiot i do realize this but my feelings remain the same.)

Once again no offense intended believe me i really do respect and will vallidate some of your points, you do make good arguments and i admire that you are so passionate :)

Did you watch all of DP ?

No, I haven't actually

Dawn is clearly the most emotional girl of all the main girls we had by now
May was a little emotional too, but not as much as Dawn

...Ok?

Dawn even get a whole bunch of episodes where she's depressed - that never happened with any main character in Pokémon before

Some how I doubt she got a part of an opening dedicated to her being depressed

They also associated her with the the emotion Poké Mesprit

That's because she's the girl of the trio...You don't expect Ash to get Mespirit...Do you?

She had to overcome a lot of fears she had like losing and the Pikari thing

...Yay for Pokemon fears

She cried to her mom about losing her first Contest and despite being told not to call her anymore just had to do it and tell her she won her first ribbon

Haven't we seen this in Hoenn? May cried about losing her first Contest as well. Plus, Dawn probably just felt rejected by her own mother

The whole Pachi capture ep also showed how emotional she is... quickly getting to the conclusion Pachi doesn't like her and releasing it only to get depressed for doing it and recatch it

Movie nine

Dawn cried more

...Uh...

Dawn is NOT May

Quite. So i've noticed the blue hair...

Their whole story is completely different and there's no reason to make their final identical when they can easily make it different, especially since what I said perfectly fit Dawn's character

Well...Think about it this way:

Misty's goodbye was emotional and stuff, right? I swear millions of Misty fans cried...

Then all of a sudden, May comes in. Some of the fans haven't gotten over Misty, and starts to hate her. Then May gets a goodbye that evolved hardly any tears at all. I'm thinking that they're trying to prevent making everything sad and shit, and instead make it happy...And celebrate the new arrival >>"

If they made Dawn's good bye just, or more emotional than Misty's. The newly introduced character would look like an intruder. Do you get what I mean? Yes? No? Maybe..?

Actually, even if Dawn stays I'd like to see what I said happen - just of course instead of deciding eventually to go with rivals, she'll decide to stay with Ash... it'd be a nice wrap up for the Sinnoh Contest rivals if she does stay

I want Harley...! *shot*

Yeah, because a boy and a girl can't be best friends without being in love with each other -_- I hate people who think this way...

You'll make an excellent shipper...

I still miss a female trainer with the group im not saying have misty come back and there are many valid points as to why the female main has been doing contests, the most popular being to gather a larger fan base of girly girl females.

Agreed if Dawn leaves i would surely welcome female who is a trainer and Misty would be perfect candidate to reenter group.Afterall there are many reasons to be back,and she would bring more comedy and life to this group wit her tomboyish and great character.

All this girl replacing with new coordinators is geting annoying and if fanbase outside the Japan is anything to go by many people want some change.

So yes im definitely for either new female from 5th generation being trainer or even better bringing someone older like good old redhead back.

But Piplup you need to understand that target demographic of this show are small children who mostly watch this show for battles.Kids of 5 to 8 years old wont care if girl is girly enough or not as long as it gets involved action.

Tomboys can be appealing to girls just as girly girls.Otherwise Misty wouldnt polute such big popularity not only among males but females aswell.There are shows which have tomboys as main females going pretty strong.
You can try to argue that contests wont be replaced,but we arent the ones who are in charge of this show.If writers decide to bring some change replacing Dawn with girl who does something else even if its less girly,it will happen.

Im not saying you dont have a point,because its true they could likely keep contests for next region and in that case better have Dawn stay,but what are people trying to say is that its not farfetched to expect something different this time around.

Last edited:
Quite. So i've noticed the blue hair...

So that's seriously the only difference you can see? that's quite sad if that's the case...
Dawn is much more girly than May was
Dawn is much more emotional than May was

May's story involved her rivals being "mean" to her to push her on with her Contests and made May kind of a magically lucky beginner who pass everything
Dawn's story involved her rivals being mostly friendly to support her through her constant loses (which also made her story more realistic) and help over get over her depression

May didn't even like Poké at the beginning and was expected to be a trainer and challenge Gyms... but then she found out about Contests
Dawn loved Poké and Contests since long before she started her journey

May didn't have one Poké as her "main" one and didn't treat her starter differently than her other Poké (and even neglected it at first)
Dawn have her starter as her "main" Poké and they were shown to have a very close and special bond similar to that of Ash/Pika

May started out knowing NOTHING about Pokémon
Dawn started out pretty smart for a beginner (she knew more than Ash/May did in their first eps)

Ash/May were like mentor/student while Ash/Dawn is like best friends brother/sister relationship

And I could continue... there are more than enough differences between them
They shouldn't all of a sudden throw all that away and make her final eps the same as May's
I'm sure that even if they won't use my idea, they'll make it different somehow

Misty's goodbye was emotional and stuff, right? I swear millions of Misty fans cried...

They don't care what the fans think, especially not fans like us who aren't really their target audience
Also, the Misty fans would cry anyway no matter how Misty would leave - it's the fact she was removed from the cast that annoyed them... I doubt the way of them to do it would drastically change the reaction

Then all of a sudden, May comes in. Some of the fans haven't gotten over Misty, and starts to hate her.

That's extremely stupid to hate a character just because the character came after another one left =\
Most of people don't act this way and especially not the target audience

Then May gets a goodbye that evolved hardly any tears at all. I'm thinking that they're trying to prevent making everything sad and shit, and instead make it happy

No, Max did get an emotional farewell... it kind of made sense for May to be happy since it was her own choise which she did have a little time to think about
We did see May looking sad in the last few eps of AG if I remember correct
She thought what would be the best for herself and made a serious decision
It's not that strange she wasn't emotional in her last ep and it made sense for Max to get this role (though I'd still like it more if May would've shown more signs of caring about leaving Ash and Brock...)
Dawn is different in many ways than May as I explained and this time there's no Max to get emotional instead...

If they made Dawn's good bye just, or more emotional than Misty's. The newly introduced character would look like an intruder. Do you get what I mean? Yes? No? Maybe..?

No, that's an extremely ridiculous way of thinking... I sure hope people won't act like this again like some did to May (and some to Dawn, though she didn't seem to get as much hate)

You'll make an excellent shipper...

No, I don't care about these things... being best friends isn't being in love -_-

Kids of 5 to 8 years old wont care if girl is girly enough or not as long as it gets involved action.

Most of the young girls prefer girly stuff, that's why most of the shows aimed at girls usually star girly girls or involve girly themes (love, cute things, etc...)

So
I doubt the way of them to do it would drastically change the reaction

With this i agree,Dawn farewell should be more emotional than it was case with May which didnt include much sadness not counting small annoyance by Max,being if you ask me way too rushed.

If anything than at least to make it different this time around.
However i doubt we will ever get such sad departure full of emotions like it happened with Misty,this one can rarely get someone indifferent,but thats just me.

Which got me wonder,assuming that Dawn leaves i doubt it will be for same reason May did to follow rivals in new region.It should be under different circumstances.

That's extremely stupid to hate a character just because the character came after another one left =\

Agreed,its not girls fault if older character gets replaced.Writers are the only ones to blame for this.I dont approve at all,when people start to bash other characters for this or any reason.

I gave chance to both May and Dawn and while they didnt impressed me like Misty did i still liked them.

Most of the young girls prefer girly stuff, that's why most of the shows aimed at girls usually star girly girls or involve girly themes (love, cute things, etc...)

True they do,though there are those who dont aswell.All im saying is that girls wont mind if next girl who comes is less girly,if writers of course decide to do it.They will give her a chance just they gave to Misty,May and Dawn.

As i said your argument stands,but to be fair pople who say opposite have good points too.

So that's seriously the only difference you can see? that's quite sad if that's the case...
Dawn is much more girly than May was
Dawn is much more emotional than May was

*sigh* Any more of this, and I swear my use of sarcasm would dry out...

May's story involved her rivals being "mean" to her to push her on with her Contests and made May kind of a magically lucky beginner who pass everything

...Hurray! She's the lucky noob...Like so many other characters...:p

Dawn's story involved her rivals being mostly friendly to support her through her constant loses (which also made her story more realistic) and help over get over her depression

Depression? Oxo"

May didn't even like Poké at the beginning and was expected to be a trainer and challenge Gyms... but then she found out about Contests

All in the days work of being the daughter of a gym leader

Dawn loved Poké and Contests since long before she started her journey

All in the days work of being the daughter of a top coordinator

May didn't have one Poké as her "main" one and didn't treat her starter differently than her other Poké (and even neglected it at first)

Isn't that a good thing...?

Dawn have her starter as her "main" Poké and they were shown to have a very close and special bond similar to that of Ash/Pika

So...What?

May started out knowing NOTHING about Pokémon

...And I guess living in a gym did nothing?

Dawn started out pretty smart for a beginner (she knew more than Ash/May did in their first eps)

She had mom to teach her shit. Ash had his mom, who didn't have a pokemon from what I did see...

Ash/May were like mentor/student while Ash/Dawn is like best friends brother/sister relationship

You noticed that? Good.

And I could continue... there are more than enough differences between them

*facepalm*

They shouldn't all of a sudden throw all that away and make her final eps the same as May's

Boo. Cause we all hate May...

No really. They were shaping Misty and May into pretty good characters, and what happens? Bam. They're outta there

I'm sure that even if they won't use my idea, they'll make it different somehow

Lets just wait for a few more months

They don't care what the fans think, especially not fans like us who aren't really their target audience

No fans. No cash. Why did they bring Ursula back then?

Also, the Misty fans would cry anyway no matter how Misty would leave - it's the fact she was removed from the cast that annoyed them... I doubt the way of them to do it would drastically change the reaction

You'll be suprised

You can't control human nature

...What's the target audience?

No, Max did get an emotional farewell... it kind of made sense for May to be happy since it was her own choise which she did have a little time to think about

Oh, come on! They were the poor kids only few friends. Cut him some slack...

We did see May looking sad in the last few eps of AG if I remember correct

Looking sad...?

She thought what would be the best for herself and made a serious decision

For some reason I laughed. I mean, come on...Can't Dawn's departure be 'serious' as well? :p

It's not that strange she wasn't emotional in her last ep and it made sense for Max to get this role (though I'd still like it more if May would've shown more signs of caring about leaving Ash and Brock...)
Dawn is different in many ways than May as I explained and this time there's no Max to get emotional instead...

Why are we talking about Max? D:

No, that's an extremely ridiculous way of thinking... I sure hope people won't act like this again like some did to May (and some to Dawn, though she didn't seem to get as much hate)

Open your eyes, Piplup. I swear, you should go out there as realize how much haters there are out there.

No, I don't care about these things... being best friends isn't being in love -_-

It can lead to love :p

Oh right. Mustn't forget the fanservice girls.

...And COME ON. We have no idea what's going to happen. DP is unpredictable. Pokemon is unpredictable now. We don't know anything, new pokemanz are being created, movies, what ever. They're just like that. We believe something, they prove us wrong. And if Dawn is so similar to Ash, then she *would* leave, and chase after Zoey.

I think you kind of missed the point of parts of my post... I just compared May and Dawn to prove you there ARE differences between them - they're not the same and just like their story was handled differently until now, I hope Dawn's end (if she does leave) won't be an exact copy of May's, at least in the emotional thing...

*...Hurray! She's the lucky noob...Like so many other characters...:p

Which Dawn wasn't - that was my point (again, I just compared them to prove they're different since it seemed like you thought they're the same)

Depression? Oxo"

Watch DP from the Solaceon Contest to the Wallace Cup, it's impossible to not notice this

All in the days work of being the daughter of a gym leader
All in the days work of being the daughter of a top coordinator

Again, just compared them...
It also further proves the differences: while Dawn follow's her parent's way, May chose to do something else

Isn't that a good thing...?

To each his own, but again I just pointed the differences between them... I didn't try to prove who's "better"

...And I guess living in a gym did nothing?

I think you should rewatch AG and DP... Norman didn't allow May/Max to ever watch any of his Gym Battles until Ash's Gym Battle with him
Also, while Max used to watch the Pokémon Leagues on TV and such things, May never cared for this so she didn't know much since she never tried to learn anything

Boo. Cause we all hate May...

WTF? I love May @_@" I just proved they're different characters and just because May's last ep wasn't emotional, doesn't mean Dawn's last ep won't be

No fans. No cash. Why did they bring Ursula back then?

Young kids will do just fine for them
Ursula was more than likely planned to return later all the time, just like Harley and most of the others who came back
You do realize episodes are written and worked on for MONTHS before they air? I doubt they can do such things based on fans reaction (not like they'd even care, as proved by the facts both Misty and May left and Misty didn't even get an ep in Sinnoh)

...What's the target audience?

Is that a serious question? their target audience is obviously young boys and girls...

Oh, come on! They were the poor kids only few friends. Cut him some slack...

What... you seriously didn't understand right anything of my post -_-
I didn't complain at all about Max being emotional - I LIKED it...
I just said this time Dawn doesn't have a little brother to get emotional instead of her like May had...

Looking sad...?

Rewatch the eps from the Kanto GF end to the end of AG and you'll see what I'm talking about
Wow, I think Scott is right some people should do a rewatch of the whole show... somehow I remember everything even without rewatching but I guess some people really do need a rewatch...

For some reason I laughed. I mean, come on...Can't Dawn's departure be 'serious' as well? :p

Of course it CAN but the whole point of my post which you totally missed was that Dawn is NOT May and her departure CAN ALSO be DIFFERENT... -_-

Open your eyes, Piplup. I swear, you should go out there as realize how much haters there are out there.

I meant more at the beginning... if you'll go back and check out the threads of the early DP eps, you'll see that most of people liked Dawn and Piplup back then
It doesn't matter anyway... Brock is hated yet he's here and May/Misty were popular yet left, it means nothing

It can lead to love :p

It doesn't HAVE to... which is why you shouldn't count me as a "shipper" just because I like their relationship as friends

Oh right. Mustn't forget the fanservice girls.

It's a cartoon for kids
These girls' are supposed to appeal more to girls... it couldn't be any more obvious than it is now
And no, I don't care about that one interview with one of 23523523 people who work on the anime which was done for a fan site - so don't use it as a "proof" I'm wrong

...And COME ON. We have no idea what's going to happen. DP is unpredictable. Pokemon is unpredictable now. We don't know anything, new pokemanz are being created, movies, what ever. They're just like that. We believe something, they prove us wrong.

*facepalm*

I hope you realize this is EXACTLY what I'm saying this whole thread...
That we can't know what will happen and that they like to surprise us lately so we shouldn't think of anything as "sure" - everything is possible
Dawn might leave like the previous girls, but we shouldn't act as if it's confirmed just because it happened in the past and she still has a chance to stay
That's all I tried to say in all of my posts here...

I think you kind of missed the point of parts of my post... I just compared May and Dawn to prove you there ARE differences between them - they're not the same and just like their story was handled differently until now, I hope Dawn's end (if she does leave) won't be an exact copy of May's, at least in the emotional thing...

*sigh* I never wanted it to be the same as May's. I'm just saying, if it gets *too* emotional, shippers, fans, future fans would hold a grudge or something =\

And it doesn't take half a brain to get the difference between two characters.

I mean, hey, when May left, I held one against Dawn and continued to point out all her flaws and shit...For about a month.

Which Dawn wasn't - that was my point (again, I just compared them to prove they're different since it seemed like you thought they're the same)

Key word: Seemed

Watch DP from the Solaceon Contest to the Wallace Cup, it's impossible to not notice this

...So it was only from a period of time? Oh sorry, that I did notice, I thought you meant spread out through out the whole of Dp.

Again, just compared them...
It also further proves the differences: while Dawn follow's her parent's way, May chose to do something else

Yes. Yes they did...

To each his own, but again I just pointed the differences between them... I didn't try to prove who's "better"

Meh. Strawberries to BlueBerries to me.

I think you should rewatch AG and DP... Norman didn't allow May/Max to ever watch any of his Gym Battles until Ash's Gym Battle with him

She does see her dad train or look at the Pokemon...Right?

Also, while Max used to watch the Pokémon Leagues on TV and such things, May never cared for this so she didn't know much since she never tried to learn anything

You don't think she'll get glimpses of the shows he watch?

WTF? I love May @_@" I just proved they're different characters and just because May's last ep wasn't emotional, doesn't mean Dawn's last ep won't be

*head desk* Sarcasm...DOES IT WORK ON THE WEB OR NOT?!

Young kids will do just fine for them
Ursula was more than likely planned to return later all the time, just like Harley and most of the others who came back

Harley was one of the main rivals =| He had to come back

You do realize episodes are written and worked on for MONTHS before they air? I doubt they can do such things based on fans reaction (not like they'd even care, as proved by the facts both Misty and May left and Misty didn't even get an ep in Sinnoh)

Seriously? Last time I heard, it was a week...

Is that a serious question? their target audience is obviously young boys and girls...

-w- Oh no, I was perfectly serious. Like, really...>>

What... you seriously didn't understand right anything of my post -_-

Not a word, i'm doing creative writing and misreading your posts.

I didn't complain at all about Max being emotional - I LIKED it...

Who said that you were complaining?

I just said this time Dawn doesn't have a little brother to get emotional instead of her like May had...

So Max is May's emotional part? Oh, how cute.

Rewatch the eps from the Kanto GF end to the end of AG and you'll see what I'm talking about

It's on my to-do list

Wow, I think Scott is right some people should do a rewatch of the whole show... somehow I remember everything even without rewatching but I guess some people really do need a rewatch...

Lessee...I got into Pokemon just a week before joining, and finished all the episodes a few days later. I don't think I should be rewatching. I should be catching up.

Of course it CAN but the whole point of my post which you totally missed was that Dawn is NOT May and her departure CAN ALSO be DIFFERENT... -_-

Right.

I meant more at the beginning... if you'll go back and check out the threads of the early DP eps, you'll see that most of people liked Dawn and Piplup back then

Oh boy...

It doesn't matter anyway... Brock is hated yet he's here and May/Misty were popular yet left, it means nothing

Good wording.

It doesn't HAVE to... which is why you shouldn't count me as a "shipper" just because I like their relationship as friends

*sigh* You really don't get it...

It's a cartoon for kids

No shit

These girls' are supposed to appeal more to girls... it couldn't be any more obvious than it is now

Coz we has cute Pokemanz and miniskirtz

And no, I don't care about that one interview with one of 23523523 people who work on the anime which was done for a fan site - so don't use it as a "proof" I'm wrong

Say what? I'm sorry, doing my homework has made my brain fried up. So i'm just going to ask you to summerize everything you had said.

*facepalm*

I hope you realize this is EXACTLY what I'm saying this whole thread...

I'll let you down.

That we can't know what will happen and that they like to surprise us lately so we shouldn't think of anything as "sure" - everything is possible

Sure, everything is possible.

Dawn might leave like the previous girls, but we shouldn't act as if it's confirmed just because it happened in the past and she still has a chance to stay
That's all I tried to say in all of my posts here...

Didn't you want Dawn to leave like Misty?

I mean, everything has been done. Emotional for Misty, un emotional for May. [sarcasm]We just need Dawn to run away and ditch Ash and co to complete it.[/sarcasm]

Seems like you don't get sarcasm..So..Yeah

I give up... this won't go anywhere... I think I already explained my opinion on the thread's question a few times already so if you want to continue this, just read my posts again since I'll just repeat the same things again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom