• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T you want to see in SM?

I want a fair number of legendary pokemon but I don't want Sun and Moon jammed packed with them like ORAS. That was the problem with ORAS, it had too many legendary pokemon jammed into the games. Give us like 9 gen 7 legendarys and Zygarde.

* I really, really, really don't want another Fire/Fighting starter. I have a feeling they took the hint, since we got Delphox, but I'm still a liiitle worried.

* There are way too many legendaries (in my opinion, anyway), and some of them don't even get proper concept or stories (which I think is the coolest part about a legendary)

* I don't really want too many complicated designs. Sure, it does look cool at times, but sometimes it's just waay too much. Pokémon are supposed to be living creatures, after all.

* The last thing I don't really want, is an overfriendly-rival. Blue was okay, although he didn't progress much as a character. Silver was a tad better in my opinion, because you could see the progress from start to finish. Then you Have Brendan/May, who are okay, since they were there first friendly ones, but after that it gets kind of too much?

- - -
I'd also like to add that I prefer criminals who are regular criminals. Not those weirdos who wants to take over the universe with the power of op-dragontype-legendary or whatever.

Last edited:
Regarding the number of Legendary Pokémon per generation, I think it's really just a matter of how well they are used. Sinnoh and Unova have the highest number of Legendaries per regional Dex, but all of them have at least some level of involvement in either the storyline or the region's history. They matter, or at least *do* feature in legends and myths. XY on the other hand have only three Legendary Pokémon but squander all of their potential. Their mythology consist of them releasing/absorbing a bunch of life energy 800 years ago and then taking a long nap, while Zygarde spooked some miners.

I want a fair number of legendary pokemon but I don't want Sun and Moon jammed packed with them like ORAS. That was the problem with ORAS, it had too many legendary pokemon jammed into the games. Give us like 9 gen 7 legendarys and Zygarde.

I suspect that you probably don't have to worry about this. ORAS included all of those Legendaries for Dex completion and pentagon-ing reasons. They're probably not going to be concerned with letting us complete the Dex in the first Gen VII installments, and now all of those Pokémon can have pentagons, so unless they go and carve out a third League...

Please don't lack on types, like in DP where the only fire types in the game where The Chimchar and Ponyta families.

Another thing I would hate to see again is the villainous team only use the same Pokemon especially, if it is a Pokemon like zubat at level 44 or so, it bugs me to see the villainous team only use Pokemon that easy to kill and dish out barely any exp.

For rivals it would be cool only to see 2 rivals like in black and white, because 4 rivals was annoying in XY so don't really see a reason to have that many rivals because they just get annoying.

I would like to echo the, "Please don't have the villains using only a small pool of stereotypically 'bad guy' Pokémon" request. Team Rocket in FRLG were a decent mix, even if that is largely in part due to the Sevii Islands cell, and most of them are still Poison-type anyway. And it seemed like Team Flare at least had a good variety per area, even if most areas were just a different orientation of those same Pokémon (although, in fairness, that would seem to be because you in fact battle a few of the same individual grunts multiple times).

Rivals that are more your friends than actual rivals. I could deal with Hugh's pathetic ass, but Tierno, Shauna, and Trevor's absurd 2 battles each the whole game was where I get tired of this. They aren't a challenge and it hardly felt like their goals were even remotely expanded upon.

Give me someone like Barry, for goodness sakes. Someone who ACTUALLY takes part in the game's story regarding the evil team AND is a rival. Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno's complete nonchalantness at the entire Team Flare thing really made it seem like them being included in the ceremony at the end of XY was a joke.

I'm okay with a friend in the game, but give me an ACTUAL rival like Calem and Serena, but with some more personality that makes you want to beat them.

Wouldn't event Pokemon be considered "DLC" to a small extent?

I'm not banking on it, but I'd like it if the apocalyptic climaxes be given a rest. I'm getting tired of playing as a simple youth from a small town who ends up becoming the "chosen hero" involved with all these legendaries and doomsday plots. It really loses its charm after a few generations, and I'm tired of the teams acting like some kind of criminal occult club. We don't need teams to summon a mythical beast and (directly or indirectly) cause a wake of destruction in doing so. There can be chaos without having any of that. Granted I doubt Game Freak will drop this anytime soon, but it certainly would be nice.

Anything involving Kanto. Seriously, I've had enough of it. That was XY's biggest flaw in my eyes, as it glorified Kanto Mons and shunned Kalos Mons, which are supposed to be the focus of a new gen. I get that Kanto is a big deal, and I get that it's where the franchise began, but enough is enough. We've had it shoved in our faces for far too long, and I would like to see it put to bed for good. New gens mean new Mons, new region, new experiences, not the constant repeat of not-so-golden-oldies. I would like to see Sun/Moon shove Kanto out of the picture for once, as I just can't take in any more of that region. I want Sun/Moon to be like BW, where everything is brand new, forcing you to start from scratch, nothing old and familiar to fall back on, just be a brand new experience. And even if some Kanto Mons slip in the cracks, at least let the newer Mons outnumber them by 2:1 at minimum. Just no more Kanto glorification.

This may sound kinda grandiose of an idea that will never happen, but I really hope Gamefreak STOPS making Pokemon that never evolve (non-legendaries of course). It always pains me on how some of my favorite Pokemon are ones with mediocre stats that will never have the potential to be good in battle, sometimes even with a mega evolution they still might not work. Pokemon is all about the monsters and evolution, so make every monster at least the future onward have one and not be left behind.
#NoPokemonLeftBehindAct

I posted this in the New Pokemon Discussion thread without realizing it could go here as well...
Sorry for that, rant over:D

I don't see the problem with that. We have fully evolved Pokemon whose stats are frankly, crap. Likewise we have Pokemon who do not evolve or evolve from anything that are excellent on their own. We have both good and bad Pokemon on each side of the spectrum.

Besides, a large part of it has to do with do with how you USE the Pokemon in question. Does anyone still remember the Pachirisu that wrecked that one tournament?

Yeah, I gotta say having pokemon that don't evolve is a good way to round out the world. It shows more diversity in pokemon as creatures. Not everything has to change. Though it'd be good if those that don't evolve to have a decent set of stats for the most part. Like... keeping them equal to middle stage pokemon evolutions at least. If they don't already do this anyway. I don't look at pokemon stats that often.

Please don't give me a free Latias. Legendaries/pseudo legendaries are cool because you fight to catch them and "earn their friendship/trust" or whatever your imagination comes up with at that point.

Yeah, I hope they drop the "free Mega to go with the Mega Ring/Bracelet/Thing" thing. I get it, having the ability to go Mega from the beginning would be way too much, thus a side-quest about obtaining the Key Stone and stuff. And it's all well and good, but getting a free Mega to go with it, legendary or not, is overdoing it. Give us a Mega Stone - perhaps one of three choices of Mega Stones for Pokémon that we're likely to have encountered by that point in the game. Or a gift from earlier in the game - that's how XY should've handled it, giving us the Kanto Starter's Mega Stone, instead of the "Mega Lucario set".

While playing HGSS again, I remember another thing I do not want to see again: day based events.

Like Pokémon/characters only appearing at a certain day and items only sold at a certain day, like the clothing in XY. It's just really annoying to have to wait for a certain day to get something and sometimes I'm just not able to play on said day and I don't want to keep messing with the date on my 3DS.

In a way I like day based events as a way to make the game feel a bit more alive, but I agree that it can be extremely annoying waiting. I'm going to need to level grind against gym leaders now and I need to wait to grab their numbers.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom