• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T you want to see in SM?

Dexnav. It is a pain to chain pokemon in water, caves and desert. Customization is just too pointless.

Sorry, but I feel that the Kami trio was unnecessary in BW - it doesn't feel like its a necessary part of Unova's history. (And I also don't like seeing an explicitly Japanese-designed legendary in what should be New York City.)
Yeah, I didn't understand the Kami trio there either. They seem out of place. I don't actually like their designs much either, they don't feel like pokemon.
XD I love gen 5 and Unova and I can still agree to hate on the Kami Trio. Their original humanoid forms are extremely ugly and the dream radar exclusive (at least for gen 5) Therian forms were what their only form really should have been lol

Last edited:
Yeah, and it probably wouldn't bother me as much if they sucked but they don't. -_- Everyone uses them in competitive, they're all over the place.

Sorry, but I feel that the Kami trio was unnecessary in BW - it doesn't feel like its a necessary part of Unova's history. (And I also don't like seeing an explicitly Japanese-designed legendary in what should be New York City.) If anything, I would have rather seen Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres appear in BW2 depending on different seasons as a universal legendary Pokémon. Ditto with Regigigas, unless if it wasn't specific to Sinnoh.

None of the legends or lore are *necessary* to the region except for Reshiram and Zekrom's. That's *why* I like the Kami trio, and the Swords, and Meloetta and Victini. None of them are necessary, but they enrich the region's history. I can write out the events of Unova's past, and have a pretty decently-sized list. Unlike Kalos, where it's: There was a war. AZ's Floette was kill. AZ revived it and nuked the region. 2200 years later, Xerneas/Yveltal did an energy thing and left to snooze. 500 years after that, another war happened and the Parfum Palace was built.

... and that's it.

Additionally, Unova pulls from multiple different cultures for its legends because, like the real New York, it's a melting pot. The mascot dragons are Chinese, the Kami trio are Japanese (and... seemingly an unclear blend of cultures in their Therian Formes, although I personally think the supposed Aztec roots are strongest), and the Swords draw from French literature (with a dash of Celtic legend being thrown in for Keldeo). Meloetta and Victini have vague Greco-Roman roots. Really, I think it's a brilliant way of illustrating the region's culture through its Legendary Pokémon.

^Well, that's true, I can appreciate that stance. I just am not a big fan of the kamis or the swords either, for that matter, and it isn't the mythology they are based on it's mostly their visual designs and the way they fit into the region, which is I felt that could have been done better. I think BW2 did better with the swords in putting them in the game, but the only design of them I kind of like is Verizion. I'm aware that other people feel differently though.

@Endolise :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
that was beautiful omg I'm loving my favorite generation even more, even the ugly kami trio

@Endolise :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
that was beautiful omg I'm loving my favorite generation even more, even the ugly kami trio

It extends to the Starters, as well, as they also follow the European/Chinese/Japanese dynamic. Snivy is a European noble, Tepig is a character from Journey to the West, and Oshawott is a samurai.

Any more of the "let's make this Pokemon bigger and that's it's evolution!" designs are the one thing I would absolutely detest returning in Sun and Moon.

Dexnav. It is a pain to chain pokemon in water, caves and desert. Customization is just too pointless.

You've repeated your issues with customization plenty of times. I don't think that there's a need to bring it up so nearly this much. Plus, it still doesn't make sense to not include that or the Dex Navi. It's fine that you didn't like those features, but they shouldn't be removed just because you didn't like them. The games shouldn't be catered just to one person's personal taste or stripped down of any features in favor of just making them all about regular battles. Plenty of people did enjoy those features and customization can be improved upon too. You don't have to change your character's clothes or use the Dex Navi if you don't like them, so the games shouldn't be stripped of features that many people enjoyed just because you don't like them. You can just avoid clothing stores, stick with the default outfit and look for Pokemon without a Dex Navi instead of wanting good features and upgrades being removed completely.

I didn't really understand the Kami trio being there, tbh. I feel like we already got the minor legendary trio (+1) with the Musketeers. I kind of wish they'd saved the Kami trio for Kalos...which didn't get a minor legendary trio at all. Spacing them out more evenly :p

I could do with less legendaries in general in the next gen, tbh. I love Sinnoh to bits but do feel like it started a precedent for Too Many Legendaries.

More item evolutions. It's a pain to be restricted to having to use an item to get a certain pokemon, especially when you've already used up the naturally-occurring ones and have to use BP to get any more.

Not to mention that they end up clogging up your Items pocket, which is already ridiculously large.

In gen six they weren't. All you had to do was play certain levels of Super Training and you'd get the stone you wanted eventually. usually it didn't take too long.

True, but I for one am not very good at those Super Training mini-games.

^The absolute most convenient thing would be if there was some npc who gave out evolutionary stones. Like if you show them a pokemon that could evolve by a stone he'd just give you that stone, maybe once a day. "Oh, your Lampent. It evolves with a Dusk stone, doesn't it? Actually, I happened to have one. Use it on your Lampent when you want it to evolve!"

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom