• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What ethnicities were you mistaken for?

Suicune Rider

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Aside of Ashkenazi, people tell me I look Italian/Greek; oh, and one person thought I'm Armenian.

Last edited:
American, British, South African, French, German and for some reason Czech.

Due to my name and appearance most people confuse me for being Hispanic. I'm not too fond of it.

Italian is the most common one I get, probably because I look more Southern European than someone who is native to the Americas. I'm... not too fond of that, not going to lie.

French by one of my friends when we first met in class. She thought my accent was odd and the way I spoke to the teacher was like a French person because I said 'Yes, miss' when she called the register?

Vietnamese, Filipino, and Korean once.

Some people have told me if they didn't know my name or that I was Indian, I could pass for Hispanic. There was only 1 person so far who full out thought I was Hispanic. xD

I somehow have gotten mistaken for Korean... havent been able to figure that one out

In some cases, I'm look more like a native Chinese-Singaporean due to my ancestors blood line.

More fact, I often get confused for being a Malay from my accent which more down-to-earth than other people.

Greek,Italian,Spanish,Romanian,Indian,Pakistani,Bangladeshi,Iranian,Iraqi,lebanese,Syrian and my favourite one,Kurdish.

I've also been accused of being an insurgent from many different radical Islam organisations.

Not an ethnicity per se, but often it is remarked that i sound somewhat American, because i imitated the accent so well when i was small (from TV).

Once at a gas station, the clerk thought I was Portuguese, or French.
Funniest to me was at a grocery store, when someone thought I looked Egyptian.

(by the way, I'm Mexican-American)

I've been mistaken for Greek, Italian, Croatian, Portuguese, Israeli, Turkish, and Albanian. I'm 100% Lebanese. When people get my ethnicity right, they often have a hard time believing I'm a Muslim because I have long hair, I tend to wear shorts a lot, and I love music. Lebanese Muslims aren't usually very religious, especially compared to most other Arab countries.

Chinese multiple times, which is weird since (to my knowledge) I'm not the slightest bit eastern. I guess it's just a vibe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom