• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Foods Can't You Stand?

I cannot stand the smell or taste of canned spinach. I also can't stand apricots

Last edited:
Anything that comes in cans (except beans), frozen tv dinner meals, and most fast food.

Last edited:
I can't stand so many things... so here's my list <3 but if I had to eat it because someone took the trouble of making it for me I would just bolt it down and try not to taste it...
I don't eat meat (do eat some fish though), beans, mashed food like potato or mushy peas and peppers. Trouble is they're all common foods...

I hate Brussels sprouts. I'll eat almost anything, but I cannot stand them at all. I also don't like plain salads. I'll eat it if I have to, but otherwise no.

Anything bitter I cannot come close to eating, like broccoli. I also dislike squash. Sushi is a big one, as I hate fish on its own, let alone uncooked. *shivers* I can't eat peppers and tomatoes in their raw form, as I cannot digest them, but if they are pureed or turned into sauce, then I can eat them. Mushrooms, don't get me started. Even if I could digest it (it has the same problem as raw peppers and tomatoes), eating a fungus just makes my skin crawl. Grapes and pineapples also come to mind.

Spicy food is my Kryptonite. I can't even handle mildly spicy stuff without lots of milk on hand. I also can't eat sushi which is ironic since I'm an eighth Japanese on my Mother's side. Though I do love salmon so I guess it's how it's prepared and served. Tofu is another no-no for though I don't know why, I guess it's the weird texture and the plain taste that confuses my tongue.

omg i can list so much: eggplant,mustard(except desion) umm i hate certain kinds of nuts,i HATE hotdogs ugh do u know whats in those?

Sauerkraut. I don't even like being in the same room as it because of the smell. I don't like the smell of things like cabbage or brussels sprouts either, but those aren't quite as bad.

Another food I dislike is onions, but I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's the texture. I wouldn't mind them that much, except they're often mixed in with foods I do like and then I have to pick them all out. Everyone tells me to just eat the onions because you can't taste them, but if that's the case, why put them there to begin with?

Fish. I cannot eat fish. It makes me sick. I'm not diagnosed as allergic to them, but it's more of a psychological allergy. I can handle the smell of them, having grown up around it, but I don't like to be around it for too long if I can at all avoid it.

I don't like most vegetables, and I don't like sauerkraut. Beans are a dislike as well...

Really, it's probably just easier to ask me about foods, and I could tell you if I'd eat it or not. I'm stupidly picky.

I can't eat anything that has bacon on it xP
And fat, I hate fat too (my mom always gets mad at me when I cut off all of the steak's fat :'D)
As for dishes the ones that come into mind are Meat Stew, Giblets Rice? (Arroz de Cabidela) and Gizzards
They're just nhee xP

Broccoli. Just smelling that stuff makes me shudder... disgusting. I also can't eat cooked spinach. If the flavor doesn't get to me, the texture does; slimy and clings to every bit of your mouth. It really caused me to choke once. Anything with apple in it (besides normal apples themselves), like pies or cinnamon apples, is nasty. Way too sweet and usually slimy and lumpy at the same time. I also hate fake Chinese food. I enjoy real Chinese food and I have the privilege of having family members who are actually Chinese and know how to prepare the dishes properly, but the things they serve at places like Panda Express... no. Oh god no.

Olives. Of any color. I can't do it. It's the only thing I can't devour in mass quantities.

I don't like apple juice and many other fruit juices. I also don't like wasabi or horseradish. Besides that and maybe a few other things that I'm forgetting I'm really not picky at all.

Oh, this is my 6,000th post apparently.

Ketchup and spam. Can't stand the taste of either of them and I don't understand why it is such a commonplace in casual cuisines.

Onions and garlic. This one is odd since I love their flavor, but I hate biting into them. They're even worse cooked! I also don't like cooked tomatoes. I don't mind them raw and will happily eat them if they are on a salad or something, but cooked? Bleh.

Potatoes. Except french fries, potato chips, and chunks in soups or stews. I guess it's the salt. But yeah, tater tots, potato skins, mashed potatoes (except on holidays, I'll look the other way on those days), scalloped potatoes, potato salad, baked potatoes, and the rest.

And yogurt.

Just random item wise I absolutely hate cabbge, brussel sprouts, and ground beef.
Dish wise I cant stand Pastas in red sauce, meatloaf, and falafel.

Edit: I also can not stand Peanut Butter! Not the taste or smell of it!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom