• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What has annoyed you the most since HG/SS?

It's not a specific HG/SS its bothered me since HG seeing how it was the first Gen IV game I played ( I've sinced gotten Platinum). But I just hate the way everyones always like "Oh, you're such a compassioante trainer", "your love for your pokemon helps you grow as a trainer". I took this Pokemon from their natural habitats and forced them to fight each other. Im a horrible person...

It's not a specific HG/SS its bothered me since HG seeing how it was the first Gen IV game I played ( I've sinced gotten Platinum). But I just hate the way everyones always like "Oh, you're such a compassioante trainer", "your love for your pokemon helps you grow as a trainer". I took this Pokemon from their natural habitats and forced them to fight each other. Im a horrible person...
But they have been saying stuff like that in the past too, they just re-worded it.

Having no sence of direction in Kanto, I felt like i was just thrown in there and they said, "I don't care, do whatever you want."

I can't be expected to have freedom, I'm a gamer!

Having no sence of direction in Kanto, I felt like i was just thrown in there and they said, "I don't care, do whatever you want."

I can't be expected to have freedom, I'm a gamer!

Don't ever bother playing Morrowind, then; you wouldn't like it if you don't like almost total freedom and a complete lack of direction (at least in the beginning).

Oh, and TrainerPalmer, my g/f thinks they realized the same thing you did about how horrible it is to take Pokemon from their natural habitats and force them to cock-fight for your pleasure... so they decided they needed to spin it as being friendly with your pokemon and loving all pokemon (which clearly contradicts the fact that you're running around beating the crap out of all the wild ones - does noone care for and love them?).

i dont have much to complain about. a few things though

1. when i heard they had the pokewalke, i knew it was for me I am not very active, so i figured that would make me active. INSTEAD, all i can do is walk.
2.i hated the VF game at first, but now its simple logic.

2 things i like
1. i do not hate joey. its cool how hje brags about his pokemon, then i go kick the f*** out of him.

2.for the low level kanto thing, just go to pallet, catch a pidgey and act like u dont have your johto pokemon until red.

Absolutely everything. I quit right after original GS came out, and right before Crystal. Natures are new to me, after five weeks I finally figured out most of breeding (Never did it in GS), any Pokemon past number 251, and oh so many other things.

Even the Safari Zone is messing me up a lot. Of all things. It's in RBY, but it was so much more simpler.

Also, just like GS, not having unlimited TMs bugs me still. I'm slowly learning which chains to breed, and it bugs the absolute crap out of me that now I absolutely have to make sure I use the TMs on Males, in case I want to get another dude with the same move.

And yes, I'm going to have to go with everyone else on this thread and agree with the whole Kanto levels thing. This was/still is the hardest E4 I've ever fought, and then I get to Vermillion and head towards Saffron and there are level tens... If I didn't have a False Swipe Scyther, I don't know how I would have caught some of the dudes.

Last edited:
If you dropped out after GS, then you really have no reason to complain. Of course there would be new things you didn't understand.

The fact that I've grown completely apathetic towards FFXIII bums me out. I can't blame HeartGold entirely on this one, however. I'm on the last chapter in that game, and I've yet to play it since HG was released.

Anyway, more seriously, I was kind of irked by the removal of all the touch screen apps. Notably, having to open up the map to check on the roaming legendaries was the most irritating part of losing apps. That, and the six item limit per page in you bag is kind of weak, too. But, at the same time it seems faster to navigate through than in D/P/Pt, so I can live with that. Overall, it's been a blast to play!

I dont have the HG/SS quite yet, but from watching my friend play, I already am annoyed with the first slot Pokemon following you around. I mean, in Yellow it was kinda cool, but after a while it just takes away the mystery of the player. And I do agree with an earlier post about the player's sprite design. Does not look like the bad ass backwards-hat kid from Newbark Town, like in the originals.

Ahahahahaha! "bad ass backward-hat kid" Wow, it's been so long since I played the original G/S that I had forgotten about the main character. But, that description pretty much refreshes his character's image. Awesome! Slaphands?

Another thing that annoys me is if someone calls you at that exact moment you look at your Pokemon's stats, it interrupts the call. >.> It could be a trainer calling to battle, but then again it could be Joey... but it's still annoying.

Ahahahahaha! "bad ass backward-hat kid" Wow, it's been so long since I played the original G/S that I had forgotten about the main character. But, that description pretty much refreshes his character's image. Awesome! Slaphands?

Slaphands Jeffycakes!

I cant wait to get my Celebi from GameStop and battle Giovanni, though, I could tell you that! No complaints there!

I dont have the HG/SS quite yet, but from watching my friend play, I already am annoyed with the first slot Pokemon following you around. I mean, in Yellow it was kinda cool, but after a while it just takes away the mystery of the player. And I do agree with an earlier post about the player's sprite design. Does not look like the bad ass backwards-hat kid from Newbark Town, like in the originals.
Dude, then your one of the few who really is annoyed by the Pokémon walking behind you..

Silver new design makes him look like a ~pretty boy~, I mean, he doesn't look too bad, but I preferred him when he looked like a play-ground bully. :C

I agree with this. =/
Also, my berry collection, as well as my in game mother. 'Nuff said.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom