• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Inspires You to Write?

What inspired me to start write fiction stories is practical necessity: I wrote songs all throughout my teens and early twenties. However, not much ever came from it no matter how hard i tried to get other people involved. Music can not be not a solitary process, certainly not for someone who has very little equipment. Eventually my creative side needed an outlet i could do solo without feeling disappointed/frustrated, and it just seemed to be a combination of factors. I recalled trying to write stories for English classes back in school, and i remembered i liked it, as well as my flatmate getting into it at the time and i just had all these ideas. So, needing a creative outlet, fiction seemed like the logical option.

Inspiration for me usually hits at random moments, i'll see or hear something and if i'm lucky i can cling to the idea long enough to get it down, a process i'm getting better at with training.

Influences are different, and are varied. Interestingly, although it plays a major part in my life, music doesn't inspire me so much. Good TV programmes and other stories do though.

I tend to write down anything that I feel could work, but, sadly, sometimes some stories that I plan don't make it very far. I've had just as many stories die as others have succeeded.

Wouldn't worry about that, everyone has good ideas and bad ideas. The important thing is knowing how to discern the two.

I'm inspired to write based on the music I hear. In my RPs I like to tag in a link to the song which inspired me to write the particular chapter. Sometimes it's just the beat or the words, but sometimes the song carries the story. Near the end of the "A World Without Legends" the captured Meloetta sang Nightwish's "Escapist".

Was inspired to write based on an active imagination. As far as literary works, I pretty much hate them all. Every story I've read has always been so boring, like there was a whole lot of nothing between major events. I like forum RPs because the shorter posts mean there is less "nothing" cluttering the screen. I don't need to know what sandwich the main character is eating, even if said sandwich comes to life later in the story. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm all for hidden messages and meanings that come together in significant ways later in the story, so long as the message isn't hidden in boring crap I otherwise wouldn't care about.

Lastly, a major inspiration to write is to learn more about myself. The characters we create all carry a part of ourselves with them regardless how outlandish the character may be. We put ourselves in hypothetical situations through RP and base our characters actions on what we'd do or would like to do given the circumstances. In "The Story of Yewer", however, I got to put myself into the story. Rather than base my characters actions on what I'd like to do I had to limit myself to what I know I'd do. This was a dangerous world and I'd truely be frightened of it, driven mad possibly and live a solitary lifestyle. My actions seem very much like what I'd do during something like a zombie apocalypse.

Lots of things inspire me to write! Anime, manga, video games, music, life, going on walks when the weather is nice, conversations with friends, books, there's so many things that inspire me to write what I do. One reason I started writing was because many of my favorite books made a huge impression on me, one being Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi, which I read late last year.

Whenever I write, lately, I've also been listening to the Neon Genesis Evangelion OST to make it feel more epic.

For me, I usually draw inspiration from other media.

But there are many, many, many instances where an idea just comes out of the blue.

Writers are people who believe that what they have to say is really important and they're desperate for people to listen to them. That's me!

Mainly I get my inspiration whatever something pops into my mind. If I read a really good book ill start to incorporate those ideas or if I start to get in to different moods I’ll write.

Diablo 2 actually helped me get into writing. I start to have stories go in around in my mind. So I put pen to paper. I played the video game and then I just had so many different ideas go in my mind.

I mainly get I get my inspiration from the mood I am in whether it be sad happy, in a depressed mood or what not. Sometimes I’ll get some ideas from the books I read. It depends on what genre I read. If I read Sci Fi then my ideas are more out there and stretch what my story is.

Random thought, or ideas I get from books and games. I got an idea from the book series called The Unwanted's, but the idea I have is very dark. I don't think you want to hear it.

I agree with Legacy in the opening post, because there are a number of books I can read, as well as some films and TV shows that help me with ideas or some fuel for a story that I had been currently working on. For a future story, some things (one especially) I had read about on the internet had made me want to write a story that deals with the same matter.

Lots of things inspire me to write.

1. Life
2. Music
3. Anime and manga
4. Video games
5. Going on walks in my neighborhood
6. Reading other books or fan fics

Just to name a few.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom