• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of features do you want to see?

Little guys can do serious damage, you know... that's why weight has nothing to do with moves (save the ones specifically based around it, like Low Kick), Attack stat is already for that: physical strenght.

So, doesn't mean it should though as why should a happiny say have the strength of a golem? (not saying it actually does, but you get the idea), thats why I thought of basing things on four things: Level, Weight, Attack stat and foes defense. You don't want a hacked orsomehow normal lv 21 pokemon with an attack of 100 doing the same damage as the same pokemon with a lv 51 and an attack stat of 100, that would be unfair, so what happens is:

You base the attack on half the aatack stat and half the pokemons weight. The damage is based on half the foes defense and their body weight (as the fatter somthing is, the more it should be able to endure a hit) BUT I am kaing this for normal types only (normal types attacking normal types not other types)since other types could have other factors contributing to their attack/defense as normal type is the only type that can't be supereffective and it nees something to counter that.

Weak HMs remain weak (Cut, Rock Smash ..), but certain moves work as they (Scratch, Slash, Cross Chop, Karate Chop ..)

Hummm.....
I'd like a chacter that get hungry and tired.
Pokemon food.
A place similar to Safari Zone, but you have to befriend the pokemon(not throw rocks to it, lol)
Double battles with pokemon, but in all the game, mayby even battles with a group of pokemon of the same species.
Creating pokemon proudcts, like yougurt, and juice, for healing.
The ability to tickle, pat, coudle, and even play games with your pokemon(like virtual pets).
A new pokemon treat that requires more of a process, like first making sugar, flour, and mor and then procesing it.

My opinion on the HM thing:

For beating Gym Leader X you get key items to use in place of HMs. Example: an Axe for Cut, a Pickax for Rock Smash, An oxygen tank and mask for dive, a Pokémon saddle for fly, etc. etc. The Pokémon that can currently learn HMs are just the Pokémon you can use with said item from your bag, whatever the first Pokémon in your team is compatible with the item will be used for the animation thing.

kid-Nurse Joy, you can heal my pokemans plz?
joy-WHAT?!u have a axe?!GUARDS!!
police-Whats happenin'?WTF?!This kid have a pickax?!
kid-The HMs were taken from DPtHGSS to BW, they were replaced by Key Itens sir.
police-TELL THAT TO THE JUDGE, DELINQUENT!!

-Pokethlons AND contests
-Pokemon follow you
-2 rivalish people: 1 is your friend, one is your rival. You can choose genders.
-Character customization
-iPoke (xD). All of those useful key items and the useful poketch apps and phone and stuff.
-ability to get all starters.
-ability to get all starters from other regions too.
-Badass mo'fos for enemies
-All awesome events unlocked when you 8337 the 1337 4 the 2nd time. No more nintendo events that I don't get.
-HMs to be used as held items. Give it to a pokemon to use out of battle. No more whores to the HMs
-Rocksmash Strength Surf Fly Dive Waterfall Rockclimb and Whirlpool. I hate cut.
-New type combos
-Secret bases- 1 for aboveground and underground. More dec'rations
-No 3D battles, but you can rotate the battle screen.
-Sweet Battle Backgrounds.
-Playing multiplayer ingame. Like you can have a friend walk around the region on wi-fi. Double battles ftw?
-Easily re-battle trainers after a day
-Hot female professor xD
-different types of trainers. Damn fishermen are annoying. A level -943 pokemon could kill a level 209349083^309482 magikarp.
-daytime/nighttime with 6 stages- 12am to 4am is night/morning, 4am to 8am is morning, 8am to 12pm is morning/day, 12pm to 4pm is day, 4pm to 8pm is day/night, 8pm to 12am is night. 12 hours for each time of day.
-Eeveelutions
-Certain moves being super effective for some pokemon and against some pokemon
-(saw this while scanning through) seasons and non-area-specific weher
-Instead of having a random text that tells you the weather you can tap an icon to find out. (the weather is always faint in the background)
-Weather for every type. It doesn't have to be for just one type, though. Ex: rain- water boost, thunderstorm- water and electric boost
-Side quests
-3D cutscene awesomeness
-Wewt trick house
-Going in the pokeday care, buying toys and objects so they level up faster, stuff to make them breed easier. 4 or 5 pokemon in daycare
-bag sorter
-painting pokeballs
-3 pokedexes- regional, national, and one that makes all evolutions in order and you can also sort it the way you want.
-Evasion stat being part of speed stat just like special was? :O
-You can say no to battle some trainers if your health is low
-No more stupid ways to evolve new pokemon or get the prevos
-Ice skates to be able to turn on ice
-An evolution for plusle and minun. If you have the 2nd evolution of both of them and they fight in a double battle they turn into a ± pokemon that is green :D
-WAYYYYyYy Better cries. No more annoying AHHHEYKKAHKGAHs. This is the reason I play with the sound all the way down
-Don't have pokemon appear every 0.002 steps. I hate going slow in HGSS. Also, surfing is random. It's like "WTF WHY ARE THERE SO MANY POKEMON" and then it's like "WTF WHY AREN'T THERE ANY POKEMON".
-Higher shiny rate. Seriously, I only caught 1 shiny pokemon and it was a tentacool. 2 of my friends caught shiny tentacools, too. What's up with that?
-Awesome manual flying
-insert your own weight and height for comparison. Also, the abilty to compare 2 pokemon on the pokedex.

Last edited:
@Ksemanr: It doesn't seem. It is northern. It's directly confirmed IN-GAME (not implied, but confirmed) that Sinnoh lies to the north: when you play Sinnoh Sound on your Poké Gear radio, DJ Ben refers to Sinnoh as a northern region.

Pokémon has never been a launch title as of today. But who knows, things might change.

Yeah, besides in the anime prof. Oak say Sinnoh is north to Kanto.

Cut should be made bug type. It's used on plants, bug attacks are SE against plants, and it fits the bug theme like x-scissors.

Actually its fine as is, cut uses claws to cut through thin trees and what bug has claws?

Keep HM's as items that you can use over and over again, but also be able to delete the moves without the use of a move deleter. I also love the idea of walking around with people in the world and not limited to colusseum, union room, etc., maybe you could defeat the villainous team together.

Here's a few ideas:

1. Have a way for a person with one DS to trade personally between himself (so you don't have people stealing your catch on GTS).

2. HM's as key items, and the actuall HM's as moves become TM's (come on, surf is great!)

3. A way to speed up the battles (moreso).

4. ABILITY TO CHANGE MUSIC FOR BATTLES (like at least 20 songs to choose from. You can only hear that theme so much before you turn the sound off).

Have a way for a person with one DS to trade personally between himself (so you don't have people stealing your catch on GTS).

Impossible with only one system unless the 3Ds has a DS slot not unlike the DS's GBA slot. But even then it would be DS-3DS and not DS-DS.

How about you can be able to teach abilities to your pokemon? There could be one that comes with it and one that you could change by using an HM. A pokemon could learn HM moves in the wild as a necessity, for example what bird (that has wings) can't fly. It could also change by using an HM on the pokemon. The rule about needing a gym badge could also stand when using the move outside a battle.

Bring back Dive. The processing technology has improved to the point where they can make the seafloor scenes (the music, too) f**king beautiful if they wanted, and I would love to see it if they did.

Impossible with only one system unless the 3Ds has a DS slot not unlike the DS's GBA slot. But even then it would be DS-3DS and not DS-DS.

That's not what I meant. I mean you go on the internet, make a private trade that only you can access (with password or something), switch cartridges and log on again to get the trade. That'd be usefull.

Praying mantises. And they hurt....

Forgot about that, but most bugs don't have claws

I'd like Gen III's style fishing, where you have to press everytime a "!" appears or lose the pokemon, seems better than just pressing once when the "!" appears in Gen IV, to me it makes finding pokemon a little more interesting.

That's not what I meant. I mean you go on the internet, make a private trade that only you can access (with password or something), switch cartridges and log on again to get the trade. That'd be usefull.

I joined this forum with the sole intention to make use of the trading forum. Try it. It's nice.

Personally, I think that they handled the Pokémon following you just like they should have, and I'd like to see it stick around for awhile. That was a neat feature. (It's nice and it's there, but completely ignorable if you don't care.)

The areas in DPPt where you could temporarily have an NPC trainer team up with you are awesome, as well. Those need to make a comeback. A whole area where you have to settle your differences with your rival and team up temporarily would be nice (not just one battle, but perhaps a block of the enemy team's hideout).

In short, these games are better played with friends. There's your sugary, Disney moral for the day.

Of course, this last one is a pipe dream, but perhaps some way of using TMs without using up slots in your moveset/party. Somehow I don't think that anybody would be opposed to this one.

Another feature I would like to see is entering your own height/weight into the 'Dex for comparison against Pokémon. Not everyone in the world is a 4'8", 80-pound kid.

Personally, to make the game more challanging after you've hit the lv100 with several pokemon, completed gyms, beat E4 and champion and beaten the BF brains, how would a new mode sound?

Esentially, you keep all you have now, it stays the same, but in the new mode, you start from the beginning again (challanging gyms, trainers and e4) but on this mode, all NPCs with pokemon have pokemon fully EV trained and what you would expect from expert battlers. The you can see if your pokemon you have loved so well are up to the challange of beating the game this way.

You can go back to normal mode too, to make things simpilar and wild pokes are like usual too in both modes, and on the fully EV'd mode, all legendaries and unique pokemon caught in normal mode stay caught and you don't get them again, nor do you do the quests you would on normal mode besides Gyms/E4/Champion/BF battles.

(esentially EV'd mode all you do is just re battle everyone on their fully EV'd pokemon), everythig else remians the same as it was before.

I would still like the Pokemon to follow you, with the option of turning it off. I also want random weather.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom