• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of trainer are you?

God I remember being Type A all the way back with Yellow in GenI. Threw that poor Pikachu at everything. Had an interesting moveset for it that I can remember rather vividly. (Seismic Toss, Pay Day, Thunderbolt, Thunder; in case anyone wonders.)

Nowadays I'm primarily Type B, although before I lost Ruby and had a crash in Emerald, I was rather well-primed to be considered Type E also. In most aspects I'm not sure I can pass for a Type C because of my tendency to train up more than 6 Pokemon at once, as I normally mix types up as I'm leveling them gradually. (I.e., keeping two or more water types, then switching them in and out the Box as they level up.)

I see my style isn't as unorthodox as I imagined...

Type B, though I only use 2-4 Pokémon, not an entire team.

i hate to say it but im a type e all the way x.x all of my Pokemon are lvl 100 and with the ev's/iv's i want, and before someone says it, i did it all the hard way lol. i have 153 Pokemon as described. i try not to do that but it's just addicting. keep in mind that's just my soulsiver game.

I'm Type B in most games, and Type A in my current run of Yellow Version. I tend to get most of my Pokemon in the early to mid game, except for Pikachu, which I will find a way to use anyway. I don't usually like using one or two Pokemon, it makes the game go by too fast.

Type B, as most people seem to be. I was a Type A for a long time, but I got out of that habit with FireRed. I like to have a Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, and Fighting-type on my team. It works pretty well against most types but Dragon. And most of those have secondary types I can exploit.

Like most, I think, I was a type A when starting out in Gen I, but am now a type B, more or less. The only exception to that is my current playthrough of Blue, where I'm a type C. Poison types FTW!

Type B. Caught Mewtwo while the rest of my pokes are in their 50s. However, I only used Mewtwo to beat Red until the rest of my pokes are trained.

I'm usually type B, altough recently i'm more of a type A, since i'm only training two pokémon (Garchomp and Scizor).
When they'll be around level 70 or so, I'll switch and train Magmortar and Electivire, and then I'll train Vaporeon and Absol. I'm training them at the Elite 4.

I've been a type B since around Yellow I guess. I remember starting Blue as a type A, mainly concentrating on my Squirtle (and obviously the following evolutions) as it was always my highest level Pokemon. But I learnt that it obviously makes more sense to balance out the training of a team over the course of the game.

Type B and E, though now I'm training a bunch of pokemon from level 1 to maximize stats while I keep my level 100 Infernape in my party... so more type E than B, you see. I challenge any of you to take me on!

I usually hang between types B and C - B usually, after a long stint of being A, and C if I find a potentially strong Pokemon I just have to use. Regardless, I train each of my pokemon at once and will usually have four or five I always use and train any others I like up for the heck of it, leaving one slot for a HM slave or those I just fancy having around.

Oh, my A-type days. I have no idea how I took out the elite four in Blue with my level 80 Blastoise and five far underlevelled Pikachu. I must've been four or five and insisted on using only these.

Last edited:
Type B, always have been. I nickname all of them, have a well-rounded assortment of types, and keep them all at high levels but in the same area throughout.

From those I guess I'm mostly D.
I'll get trough the game somehow with Pokés I happen to like by moveset, loks or some other reasons.
Sometimes I have a totally random team and sometimes I play with well decided team.
However, that's rare.

Sometimes this style helps me find new favourites,
like Teddiursa, Clefable and some others.

I also have a vibe of type C.
I've played through some games with pure water team only.

So yeah.

Started out as a type A (Who had no clue like a D), but about the remakes in generation 3 became a type B.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom